Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi (770 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God / It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says / Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by newsynews: 7:51am On Apr 01, 2019
Pastor W.F Kumuyi of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry has said thst women who put on men’s wears are abomination unto God. The clergy man made this known last Sunday when preaching on the topic: “The Inner and Outward Beauty of Kingdom Citizens.”

According to Kumuyi, the Bible specifically warned that men should not put on women’s wears neither should women put on men’s wears.

He buttressed his point by stating that everybody would frown if a preacher come to the pulpit putting on a woman’s wear as people would think he was abnormal.

He went on to state that the standard of God would never change. Even if the world would change, he said that God would still frown at any woman wearing men’s wears or men putting on women’s wears.

He challenged Christians to keep on obeying God’s word rather than the world and not bow to pressures.

The pastor further stated that the outward beauty that the world seemed to appreciate bred pride and arrogance, saying that the inner beauty gotten through Salvation in Christ should be coveted by all as such would lead to heaven.

https://lailasnews.com/women-mens-wears-abomination-god-kumuyi/

Cc lalasticlala

Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by alBHAGDADI: 7:56am On Apr 01, 2019
Deuteronomy 22:5 King James Version (KJV)
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

But some foolish Christians are trying to change God's standard by saying females can wear trousers. Man's standard can change, but God's standard never changes.

For those who say there is trouser designed for females alone, ask yourself, what is that thing that pertains to a man that women are not to wear?
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by Shelumiel: 8:12am On Apr 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Deuteronomy 22:5 King James Version (KJV)
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

But some foolish Christians are trying to change God's standard by saying females can wear trousers. Man's standard can change, but God's standard never changes.

For those who say there is trouser designed for females alone, ask yourself, what is that thing that pertains to a man that women are not to wear?
Women who live in cold regions (like Russia and Greenland ) what do you expect them to wear , skirts or trousers ? Or what about women who serve in the military ,should they be putting on skirts and long gowns to fulfill God's word on the battlefield? Mtchww
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by alBHAGDADI: 8:27am On Apr 01, 2019
Shelumiel:
Women who live in cold regions (like Russia and Greenland ) what do you expect them to wear , skirts or trousers ? Or what about women who serve in the military ,should they be putting on skirts and long gowns to fulfill God's word on the battlefield? Mtchww

Is the battle field a place for a woman?

How does jeans protect from cold? Is there anything wrong in sewing a skirt using jeans material?

You can change your standard, but don't ever do same to God's standard.
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by Shelumiel: 8:49am On Apr 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

How does jeans protect from cold? Is there anything wrong in sewing a skirt using jeans material?

Your reasons are baseless . So women should not fight battles , right ? Can you see how chauvinistic you are ....mtchww

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by alBHAGDADI: 9:50am On Apr 01, 2019
Shelumiel:
Your reasons are baseless . So women should not fight battles , right ? Can you see how chauvinistic you are ....mtchww

The question is: Can women fight battles? A sane man would rather protect his woman than have her go to the battle field with him.

You want your woman to go to the battle field with you? Is it because you are not man enough to protect her?

Who will take care of the kids left behind at home? Perhaps you will take them along too. You are a misogynistic fellow who will endanger women.
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by MuttleyLaff: 9:50am On Apr 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

alBHAGDADI, if you have a girlfriend or are married, please tell whether or not, your girlfriend or wife has ever worn your t-shirts, put on your boxer shorts, worn any of your caps etcetera

1 Like

Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by alBHAGDADI: 10:44am On Apr 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
alBHAGDADI, if you have a girlfriend or are married, please tell whether or not, your girlfriend or wife has ever worn your t-shirts, put on your boxer shorts, worn any of your caps etcetera

Do you know what your kind is? You are a scorner who never accepts correction.

Proverbs 9:8 (KJV)
Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

I gave a holy advice, instead of you to accept it, you trampled on it and went ahead to attack me like the Swine and dog that you are.

Matthew 7:6 (KJV)
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by Taniaa(f): 10:59am On Apr 01, 2019
This same topic every time.
I wore trousers to church yesterday
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by MuttleyLaff: 11:05am On Apr 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Do you know what your kind is? You are a scorner who never accepts correction.

Proverbs 9:8 (KJV)
Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

I gave a holy advice, instead of you to accept it, you trampled on it and went ahead to attack me like the Swine and dog that you are.

Matthew 7:6 (KJV)
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
You are a leopard, you cant get rid of your spots.

You know what alBHAGDADI, you are certified and bonafide hypocrite, if you have a girlfriend or are married, and your girlfriend or wife has at least on one occasion or more, worn your t-shirts, put on your boxer shorts, worn any of your caps etcetera. Oh you are too over spiritual to be caught up in all that romantic and luvy dovey jazz, right?

1 Like

Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by spongeisback: 11:16am On Apr 01, 2019
He’s preaching this message with his perfectly shaved side beards, I guess he didn’t read the verse that warned against that. This man is the BIGGEST hypocrite in this country and I’ve 0 respect for him.

Come on this guy remarried less than 6 months after the death of his wife what does that tell you? He should take his holiness wrap it up nicely and stick it in his bumbum.
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by Shelumiel: 11:27am On Apr 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The question is: Can women fight battles? A sane man would rather protect his woman than have her go to the battle field with him.

You want your woman to go to the battle field with you? Is it because you are not man enough to protect her?

Who will take care of the kids left behind at home? Perhaps you will take them along too. You are a misogynistic fellow who will endanger women.
The Israeli army has women on the battlefield, they even went as far as putting them on sentinel duty . So who is now the misogynist now ...mumu
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by Smony: 11:28am On Apr 01, 2019
He who have ear let him hear wat d spirit is saying...... we wl all giv account of wat we hav eva did. i rest my case
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by alBHAGDADI: 1:21pm On Apr 01, 2019
Shelumiel:
The Israeli army has women on the battlefield, they even went as far as putting them on sentinel duty . So who is now the misogynist now ...mumu

The Israel army of Bible times or the Israel army of now?

Look, I'll advice you keep shut and stop making a fool of yourself all in a bid to justify cross-dressing
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by alBHAGDADI: 1:24pm On Apr 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You are a leopard, you cant get rid of your spots.

You know what alBHAGDADI, you are certified and bonafide hypocrite, if you have a girlfriend or are married, and your girlfriend or wife has at least on one occasion or more, worn your t-shirts, put on your boxer shorts, worn any of your caps etcetera. Oh you are too over spiritual to be caught up in all that romantic and luvy dovey jazz, right?

So, because I have a girlfriend or wife that wears my clothes, you now feel it is right for you to disobey God's laws as if I'll be the one to stand in judgement. Why not allow homosexuals bust your anus because my girlfriend or wife wears my clothes.
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by alBHAGDADI: 1:24pm On Apr 01, 2019
spongeisback:
He’s preaching this message with his perfectly shaved side beards, I guess he didn’t read the verse that warned against that. This man is the BIGGEST hypocrite in this country and I’ve 0 respect for him.

Come on this guy remarried less than 6 months after the death of his wife what does that tell you? He should take his holiness wrap it up nicely and stick it in his bumbum.

That law has been changed in 1 Corinthians 11 when Paul spoke of hair.
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by Shelumiel: 1:35pm On Apr 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The Israel army of Bible times or the Israel army of now?

Look, I'll advice you keep shut and stop making a fool of yourself all in a bid to justify cross-dressing
You are just outdated. Military service is compulsory in Israel, whether you're male or female . So continue displaying your stupidity ; it will show how useless you really are .

Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by Shelumiel: 1:46pm On Apr 01, 2019
..more

Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by Shelumiel: 1:48pm On Apr 01, 2019
God's own people (Israel ) are wearing what pertains to a man ...so let Kumuyi and his narrow-minded followers come and rebuke them for doing so grin
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by alBHAGDADI: 1:51pm On Apr 01, 2019
Shelumiel:
You are just outdated. Military service is compulsory in Israel, whether you're male or female . So continue displaying your stupidity ; it will show how useless you really are .

And why do you think God has rejected Israel today?

Disobedience.
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by alBHAGDADI: 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2019
Shelumiel:
God's own people (Israel ) are wearing what pertains to a man ...so let Kumuyi and his narrow-minded followers come and rebuke them for doing so grin

They are no longer God's own people. The people God recognised as his people are those who accept Jesus Christ and have become sons of God.

John 1:12 (KJV)
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

The Israel rejected Jesus Christ and even killed him. They stopped being God's people from that day on. We christians are God's people now.

Can you now see why Israel is in disobedience of God's law?
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by newsynews: 1:59pm On Apr 01, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by HarmonyJael(f): 3:11pm On Apr 01, 2019
spongeisback:
*unkempt..

So he should appear shabby nd unkept because he z preaching d gospel.
I knw 4 sure ure sick in d head.
Take ur respect nd move straight to hell.
ITS NT NEEDED.
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by sukerefakere(m): 3:24pm On Apr 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

And why do you think God has rejected Israel today?

Disobedience.
Joke Of the day

1 Like

Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by spongeisback: 3:27pm On Apr 01, 2019
You’re the one sick in your dandruff filled head. You can’t quote Deuteronomy to condemn one sin while Leviticus is staring you in the face.

I know you’re too dumb to understand now quote me again and watch me scrub dirt with you. Silly little bastard.

HarmonyJael:
So he should appear shabby nd unkept because he z preaching d gospel.
I knw 4 sure ure sick in d head.
Take ur respect nd move straight to hell.
ITS NT NEEDED.
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by Shelumiel: 3:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

They are no longer God's own people. The people God recognised as his people are those who accept Jesus Christ and have become sons of God.

John 1:12 (KJV)
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

The Israel rejected Jesus Christ and even killed him. They stopped being God's people from that day on. We christians are God's people now.

Can you now see why Israel is in disobedience of God's law?
Just shut up and stop displaying your stupidity. The example I sighted (using Israel ) is just one of many countries that embrace the concept I mentioned. The USA, England, France and many other nations have women who do the same thing as Israel! So keep on displaying your foolishness ...

1 Like

Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by MuttleyLaff: 3:58pm On Apr 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
So, because I have a girlfriend or wife that wears my clothes, you now feel it is right for you to disobey God's laws as if I'll be the one to stand in judgement.
You are not just only over spiritual but you are unduly legalistic as well

alBHAGDADI:
Why not allow homosexuals bust your anus because my girlfriend or wife wears my clothes.
What an unintelligient comment to make. Your common sense is 0 inches long. The thing about common sense is that, its like deodorant, people who need it most never use it.

1 Like

Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by jjresurrected: 4:26pm On Apr 01, 2019
When God first design clothes for man and woman in the aftermath of sin in the beginning, did He make trousers for man and skirts for the woman?

It really ridiculous how people tend to advance personal opinions in the name of God, I mean why not just say that this is my own opinion?

Both John the baptist and Jesus who were both clothed by God didn't put on trousers despite being men, so were they an abomination to the God that clothed them so?

God doesn't judge on the outward appearance, but on the heart, but it's only men that do, for that was the only reason God clothed man and woman in the beginning.

For if it were up to God alone, both man and woman would be naked as He intended for them to be when He first made them, which would have been the case had they not sinned and consequently lost their good judgment of their unclothedness.
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by spongeisback: 4:51pm On Apr 01, 2019
So I just read that bible verse and no where did it say you can shave your side beards, oh and btw the Bible said you cannot pick and choose the law you want to practice, so if you want to hold on to female trousers then be aware you’re going to hell for shaving your side beard and eating crayfish.

✌�
alBHAGDADI:

That law has been changed in 1 Corinthians 11 when Paul spoke of hair.
Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by Preetti(f): 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2019
WHAT DOES DEUT 22:5 SAY?
Observe that in distinguishing between the outfits of men and women, the text (Deut 22:5) didn’t state exactly what kind of outfit belongs to the man and what kind of outfit belongs to the woman. It simply says the woman shouldn’t wear what pertains to the man and vice-versa.
How then do we determine what outfit(s) belong to which? Note that in talking about the variation in outfits, it didn’t mention the word ‘ trousers’ neither did it state that trousers are the exclusive preserve of men while women are bound to wear skirt always. It’s therefore mischievous to use this text as a basis for barring women from wearing trousers. Apart from this
seemingly controversial text, you’ll never find a portion in the bible that categorically states what kind of outfit is meant for the different sexes.
Since we can’t situate such distinction in outfits biblically, how then do we judge the matter?
IT’S CULTURALLY DETERMINED
In order to do justice to the matter, we’ll have to be able to make distinctions between what is culturally obtained and what is spiritually obtained . For instance, as touching women trousers by women, it’s primarily determined by what is considered moral and accepted by the culture/custom prevalent in a place.
What the different sexes wore was dictated by their cultures and what seemed appropriate to those cultures. For instance, it will interest you to know that during the bible days, in the Jewish culture, men wore skirts. See texts like DEUT22:30, 27:20, 1SAM24:4, HAG2:12, ZECH8:23 for confirmation.
Now, it’s absurd to see men wear skirts in the present times. However, in those days, men did. Also, during that period in history, men wore garments (what ladies refer to as GOWN nowadays). In our contemporary world, we observe that there is a variation in how the different genders dress depending on the society.
For instance, in the Western world, men and women wear trousers alike. What distinguishes the male trouser from that of the female is the style/manner in which they are sewn. As for the African culture, gone are the days when people tend to look down on women who wear trousers. In recent times, the practise has come to be generally acceptable .
[b]THE REAL ISSUE
The real issue is not the appropriateness of trousers for women. Rather, it’s the appropriateness of their
manner of appearance, be it in skirts or trousers. It’s about decency in the choice of outfit. To say that skirts are the only decent wear for a woman is purely
self-deceit .
Perhaps those who say trousers are not decent wears for women haven’t stepped out of the compounds in which they are born, all their lives. Otherwise, they will acknowledge that many skirts worn by women are far from being desirable. I speak of the kind of skirts that are really tight fitting and reveals the contour of the woman waist downwards…the type that is hyper-mini and slits in such a way that it exposes sensitive parts of the body.
WHAT THEN?
1Ti 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel…
1Pe 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
1Pe 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
MODESTY IS THE KEY
Note that there is no mention of what kind of outfit meant for a woman in the passages. Also, observe that the key here is MODESTY (dress properly). What’s more, what they (women) should adorn themselves with is good works and not outward items. Attention is to be paid to the inward man and not the outward but not to the neglect of the outward appearance. While you go about looking good (whether in trousers or skirts), be particular about your true inner self . Your outward appearance should bother on modesty/decency and also be subservient to the adorning of the spirit man

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women Who Put On Men's Wears Are An Abomination To God - Kumuyi by lalasticlala(m): 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2019

(1)

Mohammed & Slavery In Islam / How Large Is The Universe? / The Person Who Played The Role Of Jesus In 'passion Of Christ' Escaped Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.