Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Matrimonial Matters Apart From Divorce. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Matrimonial Matters Apart From Divorce. (299 Views)

Man Caught His Pregnant Wife Having Sex With Pastor On Their Matrimonial Bed / How Can I Stop My Ex From Visiting My Matrimonial Home? / My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Matrimonial Matters Apart From Divorce. by Treash(m): 11:49am On Apr 01, 2019
Matrimonial proceedings is not all about divorce alone. Even though divorce cases are rampart everyday. However, some other matters in which the court can sort out between couples/parties are:

Judicial separation: This is a temporary separation granted by the court. It occurs where there is consistent domestic violence and threats to life. They are only separated for a while not to live under the same roof, but will later reconcile.

Jactitation: This exists where someone is bearing your surname unlawfully, or boasting to be in relationship with you, whereas it's a lie. It even exists where you have been divorced, but she still bear your surname. You can ask the court to stop him/her from doing so.

Custody and maintenance: This arises where a partner is claiming the custody of children in issue. Most times, custody is placed in charge of the person who can take care of the kids(preferably mothers). But, the father have access to those children. No one has the right to take a child forcefully from the other partner, it is unlawful. Once, custody is granted, the father is sometimes compelled to sponsor the education of the children.

Properties: A wife has access to equal share of the properties of her husband, especially where it is seen that both of them labour for it, or the properties are acquired in the name of both couples.

Restitution of conjugal rights: This arises when either of the spouse fails to perform his/her duties in the home ,then the other person can apply to court to make sure/ ensure that the other partner do the important and the necessary..... wink. Especially to perform the obligation as husband and also as a wife.

So, Matrimonial matters are not only bothered on divorce.

Contact us for further info, Barr Ayo- 08068088866.
ay4u888@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Get Your FORTIFIED PAP For This Ramadan Season... Order Starts Now. / Removed / HIV And AIDS: What You Need To Know About Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.