Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

For Better For Worse :::::::: Till Death Do Us Apart - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Better For Worse :::::::: Till Death Do Us Apart (909 Views)

Divorce Or Till Death Do Us Part? / Advise Please! My Friend's New Wife From Nigeria Is Tearing Us Apart! / At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Better For Worse :::::::: Till Death Do Us Apart by likeme(m): 11:37am On Sep 09, 2010
Hi All,
Where did the marriage vow comes from? The for better for worse, to love and cherish ***** till death do us apart.

Where did it originate from?
Re: For Better For Worse :::::::: Till Death Do Us Apart by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 09, 2010
Instinct
Re: For Better For Worse :::::::: Till Death Do Us Apart by luap: 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2010
commitment loyalty
Re: For Better For Worse :::::::: Till Death Do Us Apart by unclesamtech(m): 12:46am On Sep 12, 2010
Check your Bible,
Re: For Better For Worse :::::::: Till Death Do Us Apart by jamace(m): 2:40pm On Sep 12, 2010
Of recent, many guys and gals have become smart. They say it just to please the pastor and the congregation. On getting outside the church, they warn each other "Look if you mess up, I will abandon you straight" grin grin grin
Re: For Better For Worse :::::::: Till Death Do Us Apart by likeme(m): 10:05am On Sep 13, 2010
unclesamtech:

Check your Bible,

Where in the Bible?
Re: For Better For Worse :::::::: Till Death Do Us Apart by chamotex(m): 10:51am On Sep 13, 2010
jamace:

Of recent, many guys and gals have become smart. They say it just to please the pastor and the congregation. On getting outside the church, they warn each other "Look if you mess up, I will abandon you straight" grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin
This is serious
Re: For Better For Worse :::::::: Till Death Do Us Apart by tpiah: 1:48pm On Sep 13, 2010
from the anglican liturgy in the 16th century.

The catholic rites also say the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_vows

both have latin antecedents.

however, nowadays many people write their own vows and include whatever they want.

if you like say "till you misbehave" or "you only have two chances to mess up annoy me".
Re: For Better For Worse :::::::: Till Death Do Us Apart by likeme(m): 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2010
^^^ Very resourseful response

(1) (Reply)

Weird News Of The Day: Alice Sunday, 23-yr-old Woman In Court For Murder Of B/f / Creflo Dollar Arrested For 'punishing ' His Daughter / Washing Twice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.