Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:03 AM

Kogi: My Death Would Have Put Lots Of People In Trouble — Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi: My Death Would Have Put Lots Of People In Trouble — Osinbajo (531 Views)

Kanu Says His Death Would Make Biafran Come Very Fast / Nnamdi Kanu: My Death Will Make Biafra Come Far More Quicker (Video) / Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi: My Death Would Have Put Lots Of People In Trouble — Osinbajo by 19Ebisco: 1:12pm On Apr 01, 2019
Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, said had he died in the February 2 helicopter crash in Kogi State, his security, as well as those not connected with his entourage, would have been in trouble.

Osinbajo and his team escaped death when his helicopter crash-landed in Kogi state. He, however, continued with his engagements and plans for the day in the state.

The vice president said this, yesterday, when the Aso Villa Chapel, Abuja, led other worshippers in the local assembly to celebrate the re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari and his, in the February 23 presidential election.

The service titled: The State House Thanksgiving Concert, was to thank God for the success of the 2019 presidential poll.

He said: “On February 2, God gave me a reason to know that but for his grace, we would have been consumed, when our helicopter crashed.

“When the crash occurred, for a moment, there was complete silence.

“For a second, it occurred to me that if we had died, that was what it would have been; complete silence. But, we all got out without a scratch. God delivered us.

“God also delivered those in charge of our security; the Government of Kogi State would have also been in trouble.

“We give God all the glory. I pray God will also be kind to you all also, that you will never be lacking in support, care and genuine prayers.”

Osinbajo said if he was told before 2015 that he would have been in politics, talk less of touring the 36 states of the Federation, plus the Federal Capital Territory, he would have doubted it.

The vice president said he is constantly reminded by his wife that he promised her a quiet life, but, with politics that is no longer politics.

“I am constantly reminded by my wife that she wanted a quiet life, which I promised as an academic but, here we are today.

“I know that I don’t have special qualification; all the exaltation comes from God,” the vice president said.

Assistant General Overseer and Pastor-in-charge of Northern Region of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Ezekiel Odeyemi, delivered the sermon.

He thanked God for preserving Osinbajo and his family from evil; since he assumed office.

Odeyemi recalled the apprehension that preceded the general election and asserted that the aftermath, however, that “God is Nigerian,” which is why peace has returned to the land.

Noting that war is not something anyone should wish even his enemies, Odeyemi stressed that the challenge facing the country, notwithstanding, Nigerians owe God thanksgiving and gratitude.

The event featured praise and worship sessions, special songs and renditions from Abuja-based and visiting choirs; while Bible reading was taken by the All Progressives Congress presidential campaign spokesman Festus Keyamo (SAN).

He read from Psalms 149:1. Primate, Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion, Most. Rev. Nicholas Okoh, the Chaplain, prayed for the Osinbajo family.

It was attended by Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Samson Ayokunle; former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon, and his wife, Victoria; Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha; members of the Federal Executive Council, the Legislature and Judiciary, members of the Diplomatic Corps and the clergy, among others.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/01/kogi-my-death-would-have-put-lots-of-people-in-trouble-osinbajo/

Re: Kogi: My Death Would Have Put Lots Of People In Trouble — Osinbajo by Davash222(m): 1:21pm On Apr 01, 2019
Taaa!!

You die, You go!

No one cares!!
Re: Kogi: My Death Would Have Put Lots Of People In Trouble — Osinbajo by Baawaa(m): 1:27pm On Apr 01, 2019
Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, said had he died in the February 2 helicopter crash in Kogi State, his security, as well as those not connected with his entourage, would have been in trouble.
Be in trouble as how,this is Nigeria it is matter of two months we move on,we forget your existence.As good as Yar'dua was then how many of us remember me,life goes on as they says grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kogi: My Death Would Have Put Lots Of People In Trouble — Osinbajo by tribalistseun: 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2019
See this idiot, you die, everyone, including your securities, will move on. When planes crash will the airport securities be held reliable?

Why is it that anyone affiliated with Buhari always sounds dumb and stupid.

1 Like

Re: Kogi: My Death Would Have Put Lots Of People In Trouble — Osinbajo by Jayslicky: 2:04pm On Apr 01, 2019
General muritala Mohammed was shot dead, nobody was in trouble, so I don't know why this man is feeling so important, vice president that is less powerful than many northern governors.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: My Death Would Have Put Lots Of People In Trouble — Osinbajo by BrownRoofRep: 2:05pm On Apr 01, 2019
People like who?
Head gear tier and your fellow trade money sharing errand boys.
This goat face is just senseless.

1 Like

Re: Kogi: My Death Would Have Put Lots Of People In Trouble — Osinbajo by BuhariAdvocate: 2:23pm On Apr 01, 2019
Thank God for your life. More winnings.
Re: Kogi: My Death Would Have Put Lots Of People In Trouble — Osinbajo by HigherEd: 3:06pm On Apr 01, 2019
Lol sorry but this is incorrect. Just thank God for the preservation of life, nobody would be held accountable if anything happened to you...

1 Like

Re: Kogi: My Death Would Have Put Lots Of People In Trouble — Osinbajo by BlackfireX: 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2019
Taaaaaaaaaa. .....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Ikpeazu Dissolves Abia SUBEB, Sack All Appointees / IF Yahaya Bello Was In Lagos He Would Not Even Be Thinking Of Second Term / 2019 Press Freedom: Nigeria Ranked 120 Out Of 180 Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.