Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Please I Need Help With Tracking My Phone Since The Police Have Failed Me, - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please I Need Help With Tracking My Phone Since The Police Have Failed Me, (351 Views)

Remember This Boy That Was Being Hailed As D.p.o'?see What Police Have Done To / Does The Police Have The Right To Stop And Search My Car? / Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help With Tracking My Phone Since The Police Have Failed Me, by Jtownonline: 4:45pm On Apr 01, 2019
Good day guys..
I was robbed of my phone and other belongings August last year in Abuja along Katampe extention. When I spoke to some friends about the incident, I was advised to first of all report the case to any police station just in case the thief uses my phone to commit a crime. When I went to the police Station in Gwarinpa Estate, I was told to open a file for my case since it involves a stolen phone and that opening the file will cost me 5k but I pleaded with them that I don't have such amount on me at the moment but after pleading with them they agreed to collect N2500.
After paying for the file opening, one of the officers called me outside and told me that the Station in Gwarinpa does not have jurisdiction over my case that I should go to Mpape Abuja police station they alone have jurisdiction over that area. Then I asked him what about the money I paid them? He laughed and said I should forget about it.
So I left the Gwarinpa police station to Mpape, on reaching there, I was told to open another file which I did but this time, the officer on duty only collected 500 naira from me. The officer also brought to my knowledge the the police can track the phone for me within a week but I have to pay for the tracking of the phone. When I inquire about the price the officer told me that I should pay the Sum of 12k I pleaded for reduction but the officer insisted on 12k. So after 2 days I went to the station with the money and I paid for the tracking. I was told to come back after 1 week that my phone will be tracked and given to me.Ever since August last year I have been going to the station all I get is excuse upon excuse. Now I am tired of going to the station before one day they decide to change it for me and accuse me of a crime.

PLEASE GUYS CAN I STILL TRACK MY PHONE WITHOUT INVOLVING THE POLICE!? I NEED HELP. I DONT HAVE MONEY TO BUY ANOTHER PHONE.
Re: Please I Need Help With Tracking My Phone Since The Police Have Failed Me, by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2019
There is no difference between the Nigerian police and fraudsters.See ass them take you do yahoo plus.You can send a sos to ig of police.I think he has a Twitter or Facebook.Or better still,report to efcc.
Re: Please I Need Help With Tracking My Phone Since The Police Have Failed Me, by Mutemenot(m): 5:08pm On Apr 01, 2019
What's your phone make and what plan did you made prior to This?
Re: Please I Need Help With Tracking My Phone Since The Police Have Failed Me, by 1Sharon(f): 5:33pm On Apr 01, 2019
Since august
Re: Please I Need Help With Tracking My Phone Since The Police Have Failed Me, by backnbeta(f): 5:54pm On Apr 01, 2019
Jtownonline:

PLEASE GUYS CAN I STILL TRACK MY PHONE WITHOUT INVOLVING THE POLICE!? I NEED HELP. I DONT HAVE MONEY TO BUY ANOTHER PHONE.
N12,000+2,500+500=15,000...wasted trying to track a phone? Now you say you don't have money for another phone! You could have just bought a cheap android like Huawei y5 lite or nokia which is even cheaper @ around18k or thereabout.

(1) (Reply)

Man Nabbed After Stealing His Wife’s Panties In Benin / Fresh Medical Graduate Of Unilag Dies 24 Hours After Graduation / Police Arrest Two Over Killing Of UNILAG Medical Graduate, Stephen Urueye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.