Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? (3544 Views)

Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! / Accident Or Car Arson? / Comprehensive Insurance Or Tracker, Which Is More Safer And Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by kamtrix(m): 5:06pm On Apr 01, 2019
I have a toyota corolla bought for The 1.8m for uber use on hire purchase.
Is it better for me to do car insurance or install a tracker. And can I get a good tracker with around 70,000.
Urgent answers needed please. Thanks.

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by nurey(m): 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2019
kamtrix:
Is it better for me to do car insurance or install a tracker. And can I get a good tracker with around 70,000.

insurance better as u dont have to stress urself. The insurance coy takes care of the loss and reimburse you.

tracker is good and depending on the type used you can sometimes disable vehicle with it. With tracker you have to mobilise the NPF to help follow the location of the vehicle. cars with trackers sometimes are not found some due to network others due to sophistication of the theft

1 Like

Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 01, 2019
Insurance is better.
Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by kamtrix(m): 5:20pm On Apr 01, 2019
nurey:

insurance better as u dont have to stress urself. The insurance coy takes care of the loss and reimburse you.

tracker is good and depending on the type used you can sometimes disable vehicle with it. With tracker you have to mobilise the NPF to help follow the location of the vehicle. cars with trackers sometimes are not found some due to network others due to sophistication of the theft

but it seems there are different insurance types. can they really replace the carv back with the insurance package of 60k
Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2019
kamtrix:

Tracker is better. you can stop the vehicle wherever you are if snatched. For insurance, you must cover all the possibilities on a monthly premium if you're to be compensated for any unfavourable eventualities.

GPS tracker Bro! if you insure for theft, and your caught fire, no compensation. even though the same is for GPS, but at least you didn't waste time and money for what wouldn't come through when you need it. it will leave you frustrated!

2 Likes

Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by Abdomox: 8:06pm On Apr 01, 2019
Comprehensive Insurance is far better. At 3-5% of car value, you are covered against all thoughts that could cross your mind (Theft, fire, Accident, Flood etc.)

Tracker just covers theft only (not guaranteed as well). So, go for insurance any day.

With 100k you should be able to achieve both. Some Insurance can offer you 3% (N54,000) and Tracker of N45,000 is available.

2 Likes

Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by kamtrix(m): 8:32pm On Apr 01, 2019
Thanks bosses. I'm getting more information from you guys
Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:18am On Apr 02, 2019
kamtrix:

As someone advised earlier, why not insure and have a tracker installed?

You can get both with less than 90k. FBN insurance without excess buyback is 3% the declared value of the car, you can also get a basic tracker for around 30k.

I dont think that's too much to secure a 1.8m property.

2 Likes

Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by gwng: 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2019
[quote author=kamtrix post=77176746]I have a toyota corolla bought for The 1.8m for uber use on hire purchase.
/quote]
We install tracker for as low as 25k. 07066697724.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by seanfer(m): 7:00pm On Apr 03, 2019
Please go for comprehensive insurance, by that your mind will be at peace even if your car is vandalised the insurance company will surely cover for the expenses. With 80-90k you will have a comprehensive insurance and also a tracker installed by Mansard (gtb)
Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by RZArecta2(m): 1:56am On Apr 04, 2019
Don't let anybody deceive you especially that guy that said tracker is better. My brother, insurance is COMPULSORY while tracker is optional (ie if you like). As long as you're using that Corolla, it's better to do comprehensive insurance, having a tracker installed also is an added advantage so you can have peace of mind.

Egberi fa o

1 Like

Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by kamtrix(m): 3:41pm On Apr 07, 2019
seanfer:
Please go for comprehensive insurance, by that your mind will be at peace even if your car is vandalised the insurance company will surely cover for the expenses. With 80-90k you will have a comprehensive insurance and also a tracker installed by Mansard gtb)
Thanks everyone. finally went for insurance from mansard. turned out they have very cheap tracker installed for you as part of their plan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by antagonist: 3:47pm On Apr 07, 2019
beware of "very cheap" trackers

1 Like

Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by Fogman(m): 9:35pm On Apr 07, 2019
My professional advice, please both are very good and advisable you do both. if you are capable All my vehicles has trackers installed with comprehensive insurance cover.
Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by Rubbiish(m): 3:27pm On Apr 15, 2019
kamtrix:
Thanks everyone. finally went for insurance from mansard. turned out they have very cheap tracker installed for you as part of their plan.
Which insurance coy did u finally use?
Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by OfficialSam(m): 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2019
Abdomox:
Comprehensive Insurance is far better. At 3-5% of car value, you are covered against all thoughts that could cross your mind (Theft, fire, Accident, Flood etc.)

Tracker just covers theft only (not guaranteed as well). So, go for insurance any day.

With 100k you should be able to achieve both. Some Insurance can offer you 3% (N54,000) and Tracker of N45,000 is available.

Like 54k per annum? Pls can you explain better?
Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by seanfer(m): 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2019
OfficialSam:

If your car is 2005/2006 Camry or Corolla, you might not even pay up to that. Just walk into any GTB and ask for axamansard insurance for more explanations

1 Like

Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by Abdomox: 7:14pm On Apr 15, 2019
OfficialSam:

If the value of your car is 1.8m, your insurance premium with Stanbic is 54k (3% 0f 1.8m)
Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by kamtrix(m): 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2019
Rubbiish:

Which insurance coy did u finally use?
Axa mansard boss. they're owned by Gtb
Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by Rubbiish(m): 10:17pm On Apr 15, 2019
kamtrix:
Axa mansard boss. they're owned by Gtb
Ok thanks
I will check them out
How much did u spend?
Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by kamtrix(m): 12:00am On Apr 16, 2019
Rubbiish:

Ok thanks
I will check them out
How much did u spend?
Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by Rubbiish(m): 12:02am On Apr 16, 2019
kamtrix:
Is it one time payment?
Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by kamtrix(m): 12:09am On Apr 16, 2019
Rubbiish:

Is it one time payment?
it's to be paid yearly. comprehensive insurance. you can stop whichever year you wish
Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by Kashif(m): 12:24am On Apr 16, 2019
kamtrix:
it's to be paid yearly. comprehensive insurance. you can stop whichever year you wish

You did the better thing. I have comprehensive with excess buyback, and don't really care about tracker. What will tracker do in accident, fire, vandalism, third party etc.

Last week, I was going to work around 6am. Close to Ojuelegba, a lone biker lost control and fell just about 5-6 meters in front of me! Luckily, his small bike was between us, and I was barely able to stop with his bike under, and himself a few inches away!

It took out my bumper, fog light and windscreen washer reservoir. He got up and was apologising. What if it was more serious? What if I had killed him? You see why insurance a better? They picked the small repair bill
Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by dbelovd(m): 11:47am On Apr 21, 2019
kamtrix:

This is definitely more than 5% of #1.8M.

Some posters are suggesting 3% while others are saying 5% rate from the same mansard..

Someone should kindly educate me on the reasons why these figures are different

1 Like

Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by franchuks(m): 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
dbelovd:

This is definitely more than 5% of #1.8M.

Some posters are suggesting 3% while others are saying 5% rate from the same mansard..

Someone should kindly educate me on the reasons why these figures are different

There are actually different plans for the comprehensive cover. Majority I saw had 3% as the basic/minimum percentage. You can check the Mansard website and see for yourself. It depends on if tracker is included as well as the excess buy back option.

1 Like

Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by Lexusgs430: 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2019
kamtrix:

Insure your vehicle + add a tracker.....

Don't tell the person hiring that a tracker is installed......

1 Like

Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by GiftObido: 2:56am On Apr 22, 2019
We install basic and comprehensive vehicle trackers. We handle all the stress for you in event of
vehicle theft and recovery. We are GO-Track Nigeria Limited - a vehicle tracking and fleet management company based in okota - lagos. Give us a call 07062583950, 07059979198

Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by dbelovd(m): 3:53pm On Apr 22, 2019
franchuks:

There are actually different plans for the comprehensive cover. Majority I saw had 3% as the basic/minimum percentage. You can check the Mansard website and see for yourself. It depends on if tracker is included as well as the excess buy back option.

Thanks
Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by larrydan: 8:02am On Feb 04, 2020
of course car insurance is better option
Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by Lexusgs430: 1:14pm On Feb 04, 2020
kamtrix:

Invest in both ......................

1 Like

Re: Insurance Or Car Tracker. Which Is Better? by seanfer(m): 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2020
Kashif:

You did the better thing. I have comprehensive with excess buyback, and don't really care about tracker. What will tracker do in accident, fire, vandalism, third party etc.

Last week, I was going to work around 6am. Close to Ojuelegba, a lone biker lost control and fell just about 5-6 meters in front of me! Luckily, his small bike was between us, and I was barely able to stop with his bike under, and himself a few inches away!

It took out my bumper, fog light and windscreen washer reservoir. He got up and was apologising. What if it was more serious? What if I had killed him? You see why insurance a better? They picked the small repair bill

Please which Insurance company?

(1) (2) (Reply)

SRS Light On Honda Accord 2000 Ex-(a.k.a-baby Boy) / Gazzuzz And Smartchoiice Signed Peace Agreement 19/10/19 / PLs How Good Is Nissan Altima 2003

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.