Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,103 members, 7,845,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

P1009 Code: Car Frequently Stops In Traffic - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / P1009 Code: Car Frequently Stops In Traffic (1310 Views)

2004 Mazda Tribute Stops In Motion / Lady Stops Her Car To Chase Stubborn Windscreen Cleaner Away In Lagos / Electric Car Stops In Middle Of Street, Updates Software, Locks Passengers In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

P1009 Code: Car Frequently Stops In Traffic by Mist100: 6:38pm On Apr 01, 2019
My car kept stalling in traffic. So I scanned but no code. Kazeem advised I change my fuel pump which I did. But I almost ran a bike over because the vehicle kept stalling and loosing break function after the fuel pump change.

I scanned the 5th time and got the P1009 code: dirty oil, Vtc strainer and solenoid. But I just serviced this car last week!!!

Kazeem checked again and advised work on the nozzle and throttle body but I insisted he work with the p1009 code.

After cleaning vtc solenoid, vtc strainer and changing the oil and filter all over again but my car still stalls when i slow down from 100km/h to 20km/h.

Gurus please what else can I do?
Re: P1009 Code: Car Frequently Stops In Traffic by JayEntaur(m): 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2019
Mist100:
My car kept stalling in traffic. So I scanned but no code. Kazeem advised I change my fuel pump which I did. But I almost ran a bike over because the vehicle kept stalling and loosing break function after the fuel pump change.

I scanned the 5th time and got the P1009 code: dirty oil, Vtc strainer and solenoid. But I just serviced this car last week!!!

Kazeem checked again and advised work on the nozzle and throttle body but I insisted he work with the p1009 code.

After cleaning vtc solenoid, vtc strainer and changing the oil and filter all over again but my car still stalls when i slow down from 100km/h to 20km/h.

The first time you noticed it, did you just buy fuel that day?
Re: P1009 Code: Car Frequently Stops In Traffic by Mist100: 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2019
JayEntaur:

The first time you noticed it, did you just buy fuel that day?
No. it was a day after I had the oil and filter changed
Re: P1009 Code: Car Frequently Stops In Traffic by sultaan(m): 2:51am On Apr 02, 2019
Mist100:

Psot a pic of the engine bay and we will show you the vacuum line to check, and IAC valve, your car is not idling right
Re: P1009 Code: Car Frequently Stops In Traffic by Mist100: 11:57pm On Apr 02, 2019
sultaan:

Psot a pic of the engine bay and we will show you the vacuum line to check, and IAC valve, your car is not idling right

will do that. The vehicle is a 4plug 2005 Honda accord
Re: P1009 Code: Car Frequently Stops In Traffic by zevous: 8:58am On Apr 03, 2019
Something similar is also happening to my 2001 Honda Accord.. it just loses power after driving for a while and does hard start. Have to leave it for 30-1hr b4 it starts again.. I changed fuel pump and now the lose of power has even become more frequent.. Mech and rewire has checked everything.. Nobody can detect why the car loses power.. Just changed all the 4 plugs.

Please who can help me detect what's wrong and why my car loses power after driving a while!!
Re: P1009 Code: Car Frequently Stops In Traffic by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:48am On Apr 03, 2019
Re: P1009 Code: Car Frequently Stops In Traffic by EngRichie: 11:35am On Apr 03, 2019
There are quite a number of things that can cause a car to go off when it is coming to a stop ranging from a faulty transmission lock up solenoid to a bad crankshaft position sensor e.t.c.

zevous:
Something similar is also happening to my 2001 Honda Accord.. it just loses power after driving for a while and does hard start. Have to leave it for 30-1hr b4 it starts again.. I changed fuel pump and now the lose of power has even become more frequent.. Mech and rewire has checked everything.. Nobody can detect why the car loses power.. Just changed all the 4 plugs.

Please who can help me detect what's wrong and why my car loses power after driving a while!!
Re: P1009 Code: Car Frequently Stops In Traffic by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2019
Mist100:

If you are in Lagos you can chat us on the number in the signature
Re: P1009 Code: Car Frequently Stops In Traffic by DECOtech(m): 3:13pm On Apr 03, 2019
Mist100:

Did you replace fuel pump with a brand new one? If yes, how about the strainer filter at the base of the fuel pump?
Re: P1009 Code: Car Frequently Stops In Traffic by Besto(m): 10:49pm On Apr 04, 2019
zevous:

ECU wahala

(1) (Reply)

For Sale Toyota Tundra 2005 / See Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon 40 Years Challenge (1979 - 2019). / Between Lexus RS350 2010 And Toyota Camry Le/xle 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.