Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,674 members, 7,955,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:08 AM

The Rot In Unity Schools - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Rot In Unity Schools (14646 Views)

FG Confirms Closure Of FGC, Kwali, Security Beef-Up In Unity Colleges / Unity Schools: Cut-off Mark For Anambra Is 139 While Yobe Is 2, Zamfara 4, why? / Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rot In Unity Schools by redrrick: 1:04pm On Apr 02, 2019
its a systemic issue. it should not be isolated. this is nigeria at the moment
Re: The Rot In Unity Schools by wisdomkid: 1:07pm On Apr 02, 2019
id4sho:
When waffi Rats stopped President PMB from performing his executive duties in Aso Villa ,na ordinary unity schools we go dey worry about.

Naija i hail Oooooo

This is singlehandedly the Most stupid post in the entie world..
Rats stopped Buhari from doing what sir Idiot?

Stopped him from signing Budgets?
Stopped him from increasing economy?
Stopped him from decreasing dollar?

Stopped him from doing what Exactly?
Thunder fire you there.
Re: The Rot In Unity Schools by qanda: 1:09pm On Apr 02, 2019
Re: The Rot In Unity Schools by megafaraday(m): 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2019
Focusmind:

Thank God for the hand over of schools to the missionaries - I went to St. Gregory College, Ikoyi, Mhen, I could not believe my eyes. See detailing, neatness, ambience and panache. Honestly, I was amazed at the standard the church had set for the school. This is how catholic schools all over the world should be.

Government have shown that they are incapable of doing anything. Peter Obi of Anambra state started the hand over of schools previously owned by the missionaries back to them and we could all see the transformation of those schools and the intense competition among them in Anambra, including stellar performances in external examination.

Archbishop Adewale Martins is doing great with catholic schools in Lagos - St. Gregory, St Finbarrs, St Francis are all top notch. Visit St. Gregory and you would be amazed at the tranquility and beauty of the school and decency of the students unlike the unruly and crude-like behavior of public schools, including the so-called unity schools.

Wow! Up Greg's. I can so relate with you. Witnessed what the school was like before the takeover by the missionaries, was a bit part of the transformation but it was amazing the level of upgrade on most of its facilities the last time I was there.
Re: The Rot In Unity Schools by Bluntemperor: 2:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
Unity School owned by Fed Govt is a big big fraud and a scam being perpetrated by high and mighty,provided you can buy you way .Those colleges that should be closed down.they jettison excellence for mediocrity,political susfestery for equity.they failed the test of justice to the faithful Nigerians who work tirelessly to belong. I remember my daughter got 82% pass mark in Lagos college 5yrs ago,only to be told she was posted to Osun-State.imagine a child with such high mark and since we can grease palm,i told the child not to worry that she would go to the State where she made 85% and got admission.not too long I heard that tank water became poor and toxic,resulting to innocent death of Nigerian youth.A big SHAME indeed and should be scrapped.This unity School is where our big men display their high corruption profile colluding with Ministry of education Officials asking for big envelopes,cement,sponsorship of School Officials Children abroad,short-changing poor people children mark and replacing it with their own low marks.It has been 'their since,not about APC,it will only be deshertning

1 Like

Re: The Rot In Unity Schools by Bluntemperor: 2:58pm On Apr 02, 2019
Unity School owned by Fed Govt is a big big fraud and a scam being perpetrated by high and mighty,provided you can buy you way .Those colleges that should be closed down.they jettison excellence for mediocrity,political susfestery for equity.they failed the test of justice to the faithful Nigerians who work tirelessly to belong. I remember my daughter got 82% pass mark in Lagos college 5yrs ago,only to be told she was posted to Osun-State.imagine a child with such high mark and since we can grease palm,i told the child not to worry that she would go to the State where she made 85% and got admission.not too long I heard that tank water became poor and toxic,resulting to innocent death of Nigerian youth.A big SHAME indeed and should be scrapped.This unity School is where our big men display their high corruption profile colluding with Ministry of education Officials asking for big envelopes,cement,sponsorship of School Officials Children abroad,short-changing poor people children mark and replacing it with their own low marks.just imagine a State like Zamfara got 50 marks and got placement in Lagos.We should all bury our head in Shame.
It has been 'their since,not about APC,it will only be disheartening if the current Govt don't do something about Queens College,Kings College and other Colleges reputation in Nigeria.Shameful.

2 Likes

Re: The Rot In Unity Schools by id4sho(m): 3:50pm On Apr 02, 2019
wisdomkid:

This is singlehandedly the Most stupid post in the entie world..
Rats stopped Buhari from doing what sir Idiot?

Stopped him from signing Budgets?
Stopped him from increasing economy?
Stopped him from decreasing dollar?

Stopped him from doing what Exactly?
Thunder fire you there.

useless idiotic tout .check before replying, i guess you were still in primary school. Ode
Thunder kill you there

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/rodents-ravage-president-buharis-office/

Re: The Rot In Unity Schools by bugggg: 9:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
That logo mehn .... we are for unity.
Re: The Rot In Unity Schools by Makschinchin: 9:35pm On Apr 03, 2019
megafaraday:
It's such a pity. It's a shame the government is treating education with kids gloves.
King's college and St. Gregory's college used to be on the same level infrastructure wise, but now St. Gregory's college is miles ahead owing to the handover of the school to the missionary

This is a sad tale. Sometimes I wonder the work of the Ministry of Education here. The rot in the education system has really eaten deep

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB Candidate From Bayelsa Scores 354 / 2016 Unn Post Utme Date And Jamb Cut-off Mark For Screening / Ngige To Senators: We’re Addressing ASUU Strike Holistically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.