Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,329 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN (22195 Views)

Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira / Nigerians Hail Couple Selling Petrol At 198 Per Litre Instead #500 / NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN by kardinalz: 3:28pm On Apr 02, 2019
otokx:
Many areas in Port Harcourt now sell Petrol for 143 naira per litre.
Go back and check again.
Things hv changed overnight
Re: We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN by Psoul(m): 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2019
rotile247:

FG increased minimum wage paid to Thier workers who are less than 10% of Nigeria population but still want to collect back by 100% increase in vat on 100% of Nigerians and also indirectly tax depot owners who pass these to IPMAN and finally to the people in form of increase in fuel price hence increased transport fare, increased production cost, increased food and commodity prices. This is sheer wickedness on a next level!

So our government just want to keep impoverishing us in order to make us ready tools in their hands to achieve whatever they want to achieve. Wicked government.
Re: We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN by otokx(m): 4:00pm On Apr 02, 2019
kardinalz:

Go back and check again.
Things hv changed overnight

Are you sure? will check tomorrow.
Re: We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN by Femich18(m): 4:06pm On Apr 02, 2019
Psoul:

U are wrong my brother. Everyone in business will always want to maximize and even exploit buyers.
That is why why have regulatory bodies and laws.

Any government that cannot stand firm to make laws that will protect both the manufacturers and the buyers is a waste of government. Also, any government that cannot enforce her laws to protect her citizens is an insensitive one and does not worth be in power.

The depot owners are not bn checked to maintain the standard and approved official price. So what do u expect from IPMAN? They will need to increase their price to make reasonable gain and no one will ask them why. At the end, the already suffering masses will have to bear the consequences of the government neglect.

I am not even blaming IPMAN but the private depot owners
Re: We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN by ChiefSweetus: 4:18pm On Apr 02, 2019
MXrep:
We the pdp pessimist are the most psychologically equipped to survive buhari's next level of cluelessness.
grin
Re: We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 02, 2019
From the comments, I can see that Nigerians want subsidy to remain

The fact is, government cannot pay subsidy anymore. That is what GEJ tried to tell Nigerians in 2012...but most of them did not hear him

The truth is, government should stop setting prices, and allow marketers, depot owners, etc set up their prices. So that at the end of the day, while prices shoot up to N200 AND above, and while we condemm Buhari for being harsh , the truth is, investors will come, more refineries would be built, and eventually prices would crash.

The truth is, APC government could have been enjoying the benefiits if they had allowed GEJ's partial removal to stand in 2012...but they did not hear then, and they reaped the harsh fruits. Now, we have to start something that should have been done in 2012.

Oil subsidy must go. It is a scam, it is corruption ridden and is unsustainable. We can be saving at least N1 trillion every year by not paying subsidy. Jobs could be created. But Nigerians and their government and opposition no hear.
Re: We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN by chidexxy007(m): 4:48pm On Apr 02, 2019
It was expected na, its all NEXT LEVEL things, loll.
Re: We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN by Psoul(m): 5:51pm On Apr 02, 2019
Femich18:

I am not even blaming IPMAN but the private depot owners

Nooo...my brother, u don't need to blame them. They are into business. If they can raise the price to about N500/ltr and the government allows dat, it's still business. All they want is profit maximization.

Exploitation can only occur where there is no regulation or where there is failure to enforce the regulation.

I put the whole blame on the government that fails to regulate or enforce compliance to the private depot owners.

1 Like

Re: We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN by rapid101(m): 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
MXrep:
We the pdp pessimist are the most psychologically equipped to survive buhari's next level of cluelessness.
God bless u bro
Re: We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN by greatefa1011(m): 6:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
yes I agree. ,*100 will it reasonable.afterall we got what we like into power already team
Re: We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN by Platony(m): 7:03pm On Apr 02, 2019
If they like, they can increase it to 300 naira per litre, I will still be able to afford it by God's grace. The only joy in my heart is, even those dat voted dis govt in won't have discount rates when buying the same product. grin grin

We die here grin grin
Re: We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN by yusufmurry: 7:54pm On Apr 02, 2019
Baba sell anything u wish, we go still survive.

Last last, if things too hard, Evans to send menz pick u up and u go still pay the fine on code
Re: We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN by Eclement(m): 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2019
We're ready for this ..

It's part of your campaign promises...

Next Level we all match
Re: We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN by evolved: 11:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
Victory2222:
my God shall supply all my needs

You and your types said the same thing in 2015. Yet we're here... Why not say "I'll ensure I participate in all future elections in this country by trying and making sure I vote any leader(s) I consider competent."

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Charles Babatunde Ezekwem Resigns As Imo State PDP Chairman / PDP Members Decamp To APC In Edo, Sing And Tear Their PDP Cards (video) / "Buhari & London": Reno Omokri Tweets About Greatest Duos Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.