Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Car Vibrates After Engine Wash - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Vibrates After Engine Wash (2185 Views)

My Lexus Car Vibrates When I Turn It On / GMC Terrain 2011 Engine Refused To Start After Engine Change / After Engine Washing, My Honda Baby Boy Is Not The Same Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by OmoIREFIN: 4:01am On Apr 03, 2019
Pls house, I washed the engine of my Toyota Highlander and it's vibrating and dragging, not moving as fast as it was prior to washing. My mechanic has changed the plugs and checked the coils but the problem persists. Kindly advise me pls. God bless you.
Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by dokyOloye: 5:02am On Apr 03, 2019
Misfire.
Why not Scan 1st instead of throwing parts at d car?
Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by OmoIREFIN: 6:21am On Apr 03, 2019
dokyOloye:
Misfire.
Thx, I'll look for a place where I can do the scan.
Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by OmoIREFIN: 10:15am On Apr 03, 2019
dokyOloye:
Misfire.
I've had it scanned and the code was PO302 second cylinder misfire.
Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by SortOut: 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2019
Water probably sneaked into the Ignition (common name with rewires)
Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by DECOtech(m): 3:10pm On Apr 03, 2019
OmoIREFIN:
Pls house, I washed the engine of my Toyota Highlander and it's vibrating and dragging, not moving as fast as it was prior to washing. My mechanic has changed the plugs and checked the coils but the problem persists. Kindly advise me pls. God bless you.

No need to para and waste money. run that engine for longer periods so the heat can evaporate all the water and things will get back to normal.

Next time don't use water to wash your engine. Use steam instead.
Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by xtivin2: 3:54pm On Apr 03, 2019
Brain box change.....loading
Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:56pm On Apr 03, 2019
DECOtech:

No need to para and waste money. run that engine for longer periods so the heat can evaporate all the water and things will get back to normal.

Next time don't use water to wash your engine. Use steam instead.

very apt, but I'd expect even a jaguda mechanic to see this na.........

I tot u took this to a mechanic?
if this is the issue then I'd be very angry with that mechanic
Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:58pm On Apr 03, 2019
xtivin2:
Brain box change.....loading

ah , I remember when I experienced this with Honda halla but it wasn't when they washed the engine..... rather they washed the car.....

If u have not experienced this ehn u won't understand

but this is not the ops case fortunately grin
Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by OmoIREFIN: 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2019
Thanks house, the vehicle has been fixed. What happened was that one nozzle was bad and immediately it was changed, everything became normal.

1 Like

Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2019
OmoIREFIN:
Thanks house, the vehicle has been fixed. What happened was that one nozzle was bad and immediately it was changed, everything became normal.
thought as much as in the former thread.....
water washed up dirt to the already leaky nozzle.....

hope u learnt ur two lessons....
wash with steam only and always have a trusty handy scanner
Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by Geosystem(m): 12:12am On Apr 04, 2019
What of washing the engine with fuel is it adviceable
Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:32am On Apr 04, 2019
Geosystem:
What of washing the engine with fuel is it adviceable

this would be more time consuming....
using paint brush n fuel right......

I stick with steam though

1 Like

Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by CityNGR: 4:35am On Apr 04, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

Answer his question!! Is it advisable?
Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:41am On Apr 04, 2019
CityNGR:
Answer his question!! Is it advisable?
nope!!
Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by Geosystem(m): 5:32am On Apr 04, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

Yes using paint brush I do instruct my mechanic to use this method to wash my engine. OK nice
Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by DECOtech(m): 10:58am On Apr 09, 2019
OmoIREFIN:

Lol! ...but that same nozzle was working before you went to soak your engine in soapy water.

Mechanic must chop sha. just be more careful next time. weldone smiley smiley smiley
Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by 9icetoo(m): 11:32am On Apr 10, 2019
Soapy water and paint brush does it for me. With a rag to wipe off the soapy water. I do this myself.
I don't risk the steam and engine wash. Too many things that can go wrong and I don't want to be the guy with his bonnet open at the car wash calling a mechanic. grin
Only time steam is used is when washing radiator or condensers. And I cover the engine and alternator with water proof before they start.
Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:40am On Apr 10, 2019
9icetoo:
Soapy water and paint brush does it for me. With a rag to wipe off the soapy water. I do this myself.
I don't risk the steam and engine wash. Too many things that can go wrong and I don't want to be the guy with his bonnet open at the car wash calling a mechanic. grin
Only time steam is used is when washing radiator or condensers. And I cover the engine and alternator with water proof before they start.

nice, but how do u cope with hard to reach regions without some sort of spray gun or something

1 Like

Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

nice, but how do u cope with hard to reach regions without some sort of spray gun or something

Chrisfix has a great video on that, I think.
Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by okoroemeka(m): 8:29pm On Apr 11, 2019
steam,water,soapy water,fuel,ETC I am not washing my car engine,after an engine wash on my Honda,I spent close to #10k,4 rewires and finally the last one agreed that theirs nothing else to change and work that the car be left under sun for 1 week,my brother after 1 week baking under sun ,I put key for ignation one turn the car started,since then I have used several cars and I am not interested in washing the engine,if I sell it to you,go and wash it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Vibrates After Engine Wash by OmoIREFIN: 9:42pm On Apr 11, 2019
Lol. Ur submission is very right but funny at the same time. Thank u for making me laugh ds night.
okoroemeka:
steam,water,soapy water,fuel,ETC I am not washing my car engine,after an engine wash on my Honda,I spent close to #10k,4 rewires and finally the last one agreed that theirs nothing else to change and work that the car be left under sun for 1 week,my brother after 1 week baking under sun ,I put key for ignation one turn the car started,since then I have used several cars and I am not interested in washing the engine,if I sell it to you,go and wash it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Neat Toyota Corolla 2004 / Urgent!2008 Honda Civic Radio Code / Where Can I Scan My 1998 Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.