Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others (18253 Views)

Electoral Bill: National Assembly To Delete Direct Primaries / Electoral Bill: National Assembly Violated 1999 Constitution - Sule Lamido / Buhari Rejects Ministerial Nominations From Imo, Ondo, Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by BlackfireX: 9:41am On Apr 03, 2019
We don't want the ajaokuta .... Buhari knows best.
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Kendumazy(m): 9:41am On Apr 03, 2019
Hmm
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by amalab30(m): 9:42am On Apr 03, 2019
Nigeria needs to brace up and start from somewhere. Nigeria needs more industries and factories to suffice the growing population.

We can't just keep looking at Ajaokuta rot away, that Mill has a capacity to employ over 30,000 workers and we're not giving it absolute reckoning.

Though past governments should have done something to revive it. However, since this government is Keen on developing the nation, Ajaokuta should be given consideration as regards revamping it.

We urge the government to look at other areas where funding can be raised to bring this Mill back in shape.

Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Oktech2002: 9:42am On Apr 03, 2019
DWJOBScom:
Actually I agree with him as I wonder where we were going to get the money to finance that.

Our status right now on finance is horrible
where did he trader moni or vote buying moni from
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by wellmax(m): 9:42am On Apr 03, 2019
Buhari, according to the letters, cited several grounds, ranging from infractions on extant laws, duplication of responsibilities of existing agencies, to financial constraints for refusing assent to the bills.

Ajaokuta that has become the new drain pipe.
NHF has been from time, what changes are they making.

Well done PMB
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Oktech2002: 9:44am On Apr 03, 2019
DWJOBScom:
Actually I agree with him as I wonder where we were going to get the money to finance that.

Our status right now on finance is horrible
where did he get trader moni or vote buying moni
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Lifestone(m): 9:46am On Apr 03, 2019
I don't know what could be more strategic more than the steel industry after the power sector. Steel is at the heart of all major production, it supports the foundry industry that's in the heart of car parts making, tools, parts most this that is steel based.
This sector has capacity to generate and stimulate the jobs the youths are all looking for. Whatever disagreement between these two arm of government should never have obstructed this project.
The sector is too critical to be politicised.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by middlebelter(m): 9:49am On Apr 03, 2019
I hope all the Buharists can now see why many of us doubts the sincereity of PMB. You can't appropriate $1b from excess crude account to fund the completion of q major Steel Mill Plant in the world, a plant that can reposition our economy within the short term, but you can flagrantly allocate $1b to deposit for arms acquisition from USA despite the fact that we have to wait for a long time for the arms to be built and supplied?
PMB and his managers know that thier reasons for nit signing this Ajaokuta Iron and Steel Industry bill cannot stand superior arguments from Nigerians. He probably prefer to share rhe money in excess crush as Trader Money whenever election is coming?
You also know that it is a big lie to say that Ministry of Mine and Steel Development was not consulted. PMB, this is most unfair. This current Governor if Ekiti, Kayode Fayemi was due invited to public hearings and letter were sent, but he refused to attend and also stopped his PS from attending.
PMB, I guess if Ajaokuta were in Katsina State your position would have been different. You know what, power is transcient and whatever you do today, your children will reap it. I urge you to reconsider your way.

National Assembly should helobus veto this bill joor
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Angelawhite(m): 9:50am On Apr 03, 2019
amalab30:

[s]However, since this government is Keen on developing the nation....[/s]

Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by tomnmenace(m): 9:51am On Apr 03, 2019
chosengocap:
B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!!
Instead of Oil what was found in the Exploration in the North
was Water after 4000ft depth drilled - NNPC.
Almost $1billion Wasted. - Hope For Nigeria

CHAI !!!

Maybe we should consider moving Ajaokuta steel to the North for the much needed consideration.

#Kankia Steel Company, Katsina Sate
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by tomnmenace(m): 9:52am On Apr 03, 2019
[quote author=Angelawhite post=77222914][/quote]

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy *dies!
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by opobo007: 9:52am On Apr 03, 2019
The govt can borrow money for mundane projects, most of our projects we're exorbitantly high because of the importation of the steel component yet this govt doesn't consider it a priority to complete a project that is very important to our economic revival. Kwantinuuu bubu, we await the excuse in the next 2yrs
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by radiolover(m): 9:56am On Apr 03, 2019
This man eh, rejecting all the bills sent, which one would he ever sign apart from...
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 9:56am On Apr 03, 2019
chosengocap:
B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!!

At least they have a $billion water now grin
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 9:57am On Apr 03, 2019
K
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by balonaija(f): 9:59am On Apr 03, 2019
wow
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by objobj: 10:03am On Apr 03, 2019
chosengocap:
B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!!

oga water no dey that depth. pls get education.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by DWJOBScom(m): 10:05am On Apr 03, 2019
Oktech2002:
where did he get trader moni or vote buying moni

Nna stop asking me na
Am not a member of his cabinet na
Am not the Vice President that championed it
But actually it’s true o, where did the money come from?
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by albaniy1: 10:06am On Apr 03, 2019
NOTHING I REPEAT NOTHING GOOD WILL COMEOUT FROM SARAKI LEAD SENATE SO BABA SHOULD DECLINE ANYY SHITYY BILL FROM THEM

ON THE OTHER HAND NAIRA\LAND SHOULD TELL US ABOUT D 1S HE ACCENT TO TO BALANCE THINGS
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by objobj: 10:06am On Apr 03, 2019
middlebelter:
I hope all the Buharists can now see why many of us doubts the sincereity of PMB. You can't appropriate $1b from excess crude account to fund the completion of q major Steel Mill Plant in the world, a plant that can reposition our economy within the short term, but you can flagrantly allocate $1b to deposit for arms acquisition from USA despite the fact that we have to wait for a long time for the arms to be built and supplied?
and his managers know that thier reasons for nit signing this Ajaokuta Iron and Steel Industry bill cannot stand superior arguments from Nigerians. He probably prefer to share rhe money in excess crush as Trader Money whenever election is coming?
You also know that it is a big lie to say that Ministry of Mine and Steel Development was not consulted. PMB, this is most unfair. This current Governor if Ekiti, Kayode Fayemi was due invited to public hearings and letter were sent, but he refused to attend and also stopped his PS from attending.
PMB, I guess if Ajaokuta were in Katsina State your position would have been different. You know what, power is transcient and whatever you do today, your children will reap it. I urge you to reconsider your way.
National Assembly should helobus veto this bill joor

shallow thinker. so you think $1b can complete ajaokuta? na wa for u.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Oricha79(m): 10:07am On Apr 03, 2019
Can someone enlight me about rejection of this particular ajaokuta bill before I withdraw my support for PMB
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by chosengocap: 10:09am On Apr 03, 2019
objobj:

oga water no dey that depth. pls get education.
plenty water dey there. which school you go?
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by StevenOba: 10:13am On Apr 03, 2019
Thank you BUBU for this. Imposition of the 2.5% levy on cement will make housing even less affordable so it's counter intuitive increasing the price of cement to make housing affordable.
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by FantasticJ: 10:14am On Apr 03, 2019
Nackzy:
Had it been the bill was about Cows...i would have added 1 million dollars to the bill and still assent

Did you take your time even if it is to justify the money spent in training you to read the reasons for the decline?
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Oricha79(m): 10:17am On Apr 03, 2019
Lifestone:
I don't know what could be more strategic more than the steel industry after the power sector. Still is at the heart of all major production, it supports the foundry industry that's in the heart of car parts making, tools, parts most this that is steel based.
This sector has capacity to generate and stimulate the jobs the youths are all looking for. Whatever disagreement between these two arm of government should never have obstructed this project.
The sector is too critical to be politicised.
may God bless you and your family for this your comment.
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by 2016v2017: 10:19am On Apr 03, 2019
chozzy:
Govt of lies, lies and more lies.

I remember when they sponsored a propaganda through Aljazeera claiming to have completed Ajaokuta
and Nigerians of low mental faculties believed them
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by TechSpace02: 10:28am On Apr 03, 2019
Promo
Dell Core i5 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Nvidia Graphics, Bluetooth, WiFi, Fingerprint, WebCam, KeyBoard Light.
67k Last.
Click For Details.

Location: Lagos. Payment on delivery within lagos.Very Serious Buyers Only. Thanks
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by olas24u(f): 10:32am On Apr 03, 2019
Elslim:
This ajaokuta of a thin has never for once worked but always gulping federal money.... Na scam be that thin. Please just sell it off.
It involves foreign powers,with steel production we will be at least 50%ready for industrialization and a good life.it will reducing housing cost,we will produce machines ,cars etc.its a Russian technology and this playground Nigerian belongs to the west..
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Born2Breed(f): 10:46am On Apr 03, 2019
chosengocap:
B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!!

Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by 9iceprince(m): 10:49am On Apr 03, 2019
stonemasonn:
If Ajaokuta was in Katsina or Kaduna now.......you know the rest.
Mumu , so Kogi state governor no be APC right

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NAF Acquires 2 New Attack Helicopters (Photos) / Kano Government Floats New Transport Authority / September 22 Imole Osun Day In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.