Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,612 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others (18247 Views)

Electoral Bill: National Assembly To Delete Direct Primaries / Electoral Bill: National Assembly Violated 1999 Constitution - Sule Lamido / Buhari Rejects Ministerial Nominations From Imo, Ondo, Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:54am On Apr 03, 2019
ajaokuta... the steel milling company that refused to work despite the amount of monies spent on it by past and present govt... I don't understand the rationale behind these company from working... I can't say much but I believe the problem can be solved headlong..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Creampro: 10:59am On Apr 03, 2019
Is it not the same Ajaokuta that was sold to people that came to strip it to bare bone.
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by sammyj: 11:01am On Apr 03, 2019
it was sold and bought back at some point because it as gone moribund and being used by the foreigners that bought it as a conduit pipe to steal. Also note that the western and developed countries will not want it to work to enable continue to bring in there steel products to the country. grin !!
Elslim:
This ajaokuta of a thin has never for once worked but always gulping federal money.... Na scam be that thin. Please just sell it off.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Yorubaskullmine: 11:07am On Apr 03, 2019
Nackzy:
Had it been the bill was about Cows...i would have added 1 million dollars to the bill and still assent
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Reference(m): 11:22am On Apr 03, 2019
But you have trillions to spend on 'phantom' petro subsidies. Two things led to the industrial revolution in the west at the dawn of the 19th century, coal and steel. Without energy and a means of manufacturing steel, there is no point in trying to develop. We might just give up and embrace our primitivity.

Government has no business in business and Ajaokuta remains a toxic asset which in my honest opinion should be dismantled, broken up and reconstituted as a completely new entity but in rejecting the Bill I hope there are alternate plans to have Nigeria gain self sufficiency in steel production.
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 03, 2019
Ajaokuta is a scam.

This govt lacks cerebral people, while Atiku would have handled economic recovery easily.

Are they trying to tell us that someone like Professor Barth Nnaji cannot revive Ajaokuta steel ?

Don't Nigeria have Doctors(PhD) and Professors running their Scientific Equipment development Institutes nationwide ?
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Chijeep(m): 11:50am On Apr 03, 2019
buh if dx Ajaokuta of a tin is located in d northern part der will b enof fund 2 complete it ooo.

Buhari fear God ooo.
Afonjas, fear Buhari ooo.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Ahmeduana(m): 12:10pm On Apr 03, 2019
ArcFresky:

That's America this is Nigeria....
Put $1 billion in something we are not even sure will work... Smh...
YOU ARE NOT SURE IF IT WILL WORK? BUT YOU CAN CRITICISED THE PAST GOVERMENT FOR NOT RESTORING WHAT YOU ARE NOT SURE OF WORKING, BA?
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by smeag0l(m): 12:21pm On Apr 03, 2019
Ajaokuta is restarted but the issue is that the technology is outdated and maintenance depends on a Russian company that owns the proprietary technology. Spending continuously on such won't be a wise decision. Revamping the entire technology or even installing a new one is better
Nbote:

But dey claimed to have restarted d same Ajaokuta and even shared videos of it Abi? And ppl like U applauded dem and claimed d govt is working abi.. So how come dey shld b afraid to invest in a company dey claimed to have gotten working again?
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Ikpongiton: 12:28pm On Apr 03, 2019
chosengocap:
B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!!
Instead of Oil what was found in the Exploration in the North
was Water after 4000ft depth drilled - NNPC.
Almost $1billion Wasted. - Hope For Nigeria
it is a lie,they are hiding the oil.they think,they are doing the south.the truth must surely come out,when the oil has lost it's value .
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by dallyemmy: 12:42pm On Apr 03, 2019
The same technology is still in use in Europe up till today.
smeag0l:
Ajaokuta is restarted but the issue is that the technology is outdated and maintenance depends on a Russian company that owns the proprietary technology. Spending continuously on such won't be a wise decision. Revamping the entire technology or even installing a new one is better
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by smeag0l(m): 12:46pm On Apr 03, 2019
Where in Europe? I only know of Russia. Every country that used same technology has had it revamped.
The problem with ajaokuta is that when a part of the mill is damaged, you can not find spares. You have to call the owner of the technology to manufacture custom-made spares cos the technology is outdated.
dallyemmy:
The same technology is still in use in Europe up till today.
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by tiredoflife(m): 1:02pm On Apr 03, 2019
ArcFresky:

But same $1billion was withdrawn for boko haram fight we are sure will work ba undecided
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by dallyemmy: 1:13pm On Apr 03, 2019
smeag0l:
Where in Europe? I only know of Russia. Every country that used same technology has had it revamped.
The problem with ajaokuta is that when a part of the mill is damaged, you can not find spares. You have to call the owner of the technology to manufacture custom-made spares cos the technology is outdated.
The same technology is currently being used in Europe...Spare parts can always be manufactured
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by enigma2007(m): 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2019
Oricha79:
Can someone enlight me about rejection of this particular ajaokuta bill before I withdraw my support for PMB

He simply said.. He stated that some of the relevant stakeholders were not carried along especially the state govs since these governors own part of the money in the account the legislators wanted to dip their hands into. Also, he said the relevant ministries were not consulted in arriving at that figure that they want to use for the completion.
The last one was that he said that the funding for ajaokuta should be handled via the normal budgeting cycle rather than creating a special bill.
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Oricha79(m): 1:52pm On Apr 03, 2019
enigma2007:

He simply said.. He stated that some of the relevant stakeholders were not carried along especially the state govs since these governors own part of the money in the account the legislators wanted to dip their hands into. Also, he said the relevant ministries were not consulted in arriving at that figure that they want to use for the completion.
The last one was that he said that the funding for ajaokuta should be handled via the normal budgeting cycle rather than creating a special bill.
alright, but they should do the needful and invite the states government about the new development because ajaokuta steel will contribute to our economy in all aspects of life. Failure to do that, any candidate from far north should forget about the support of middle belt.
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by omojesu202(m): 3:16pm On Apr 03, 2019
ArcFresky:

I understand, but when he went to Kogi state to campaign he promised them he'll make Ajaokuta to start functioning again.
well, that's human being for you.
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Bluntemperor: 5:15pm On Apr 03, 2019
National Housing Funds(NHF)is one of the biggest SCAM in Nigeria.the law est.the Fund started that for all working Nigerians,funds will be deducted at source and removed to the Federal Mortgage Bank,where accounts and registered is maintained for donors.The FMB is to ensure that Housing facilities are made available to all donors through-out Nigeria.this supposed to be a self -funded organisation in conjunction with FMB as supervisory body.But what do we get,the fund just disappear,no fund ,no houses and is now a negative fund where Billions have not been accounted for.Worse is funds trapped in the institutions that you can't claim your money until you are 60 years!!!.What of the Intestines Rate on the money remotes to you at that time?.This is a joke of a nation.Some organisations don't even remit many Staff money genuinely contributed.Ask all the past Directors of the NHF Fund involved sitting down in Abuja as if Abuja is the only Contributor ,you will be shocked with what they have done with the money,Why are we having negative account of the Fund? Why are we like this.w
e expect the press, including Social Media to focus on these government institutions and their atrocities against Nigerians that have contributed without compensation.Shameful!!!!.
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by middlebelter(m): 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2019
objobj:

shallow thinker. so you think $1b can complete ajaokuta? na wa for u.

The right to respond is what I am taking up right now! Did you read report the National Assembly on this matter. Did you watch the live public hearing on NTA last years and how Natasha Akpoti and her team exposed the hypocrisy of PMB government on this subject? I shouldn't waste my time on your quality of mind set.
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by smeag0l(m): 5:50pm On Apr 03, 2019
At what cost?I'm an engineer and I know every detail about these things. Ajaokuta can only work if a new steel production technology is installed. Please take a trip to the place to see for yourself. Most of the equipment have beenThe government only succeeded in getting a part of the plant working. The rest will gulp huge sums of money.
dallyemmy:
The same technology is currently being used in Europe...Spare parts can always be manufactured
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by dallyemmy: 6:22pm On Apr 03, 2019
We don't have to sound like we need to leave this planet to make it work. The same technology is still in use in Europe. I am talking from experience. Well, we may incorporate automation, if we like. However, the plant is still viable.
smeag0l:
At what cost?I'm an engineer and I know every detail about these things. Ajaokuta can only work if a new steel production technology is installed. Please take a trip to the place to see for yourself. Most of the equipment have beenThe government only succeeded in getting a part of the plant working. The rest will gulp huge sums of money.
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by deomelo: 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2019
This project was designed never to work or get off the ground by the crooked and corrupt framers since they didn't make any kind of provision for the plant to receive the vital raw material aka iron ore via the Warri Itakpe railway line that was never completed for decades so how do you get the raw material to the steel plant.

It's like building a airport without any runway.

...but fast forward to PMB, this rail line is now completed.

Delta steel is coming back to life after 20 years of collapse

This is how bad the PDP and previous admin crippled Nigeria fro the get go

SMH.
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by olagbola45(m): 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2019
Michaelkings:
I blame Osinbajo who to be a pastor,but contribute to this country's problem, he will rot in hell,that's a promise

You b God?
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by smeag0l(m): 7:25pm On Apr 03, 2019
Then I think you need to visit the place to know what you're talking about cos I've been there. It can cost you four times to keep a plant running when the technology is outdated and proprietary to only one organization.
dallyemmy:
We don't have to sound like we need to leave this planet to make it work. The same technology is still in use in Europe. I am talking from experience. Well, we may incorporate automation, if we like. However, the plant is still viable.
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by dallyemmy: 5:02am On Apr 04, 2019
I have seen what we have at Ajaokuta steel complex and I have seen where similar technology works.
Inbox me for some details.
smeag0l:
Then I think you need to visit the place to know what you're talking about cos I've been there. It can cost you four times to keep a plant running when the technology is outdated and proprietary to only one organization.
Re: Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others by Agred2018(m): 8:45am On Apr 06, 2019
It is so senseless spending billions on the search for oil but refused to approve just one billion to complete AJaokuta steel project, which is capable of generating revenue like oil, and also capable of creating employment to about 35-40% of Nigerians. So, how has Bello's sonship to Buhari benefited Kogi state? Honestly, I m tired with this nonsense, always searching but still you can't find the oil. I think, NNPC should channels the fund into building of dams for irrigation farming in the north. Instead of wastage.This is the real reason why NNPC should be sold. NNPC has become a conduit pipe through which our commonwealth is siphoned by just few. I wish the FG, Good luck, in their ultimate search of oil in the north..��

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Street Begging In Kwara State. / Ahmed Lawan Justifies Billion Naira Cars, Jumbo Pay For Federal Legislators / Adebayo Shittu Drags APC To Court For Disqualifying Him Over NYSC Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.