Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? (8123 Views)

Hell’ Discovered: Scientists Found A Planet That Rains Rocks. / X-ray Pictures Of The Sun, The Moon, The Sky And Milky Way Galaxy. / Stunning Images Of The Sky From An X-ray Telescope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by ProsperChild: 6:18am On Apr 03, 2019
Sometimes fish fall from the sky when it rains. Why do they fall only when it is raining?

Colin McAllister
25w ago
A cumulonimbus is a very tall cloud. It can be in excess of 40000 feet(~1.5km). That involves massive updraughts and downdraughts.

The updraughts lift things (e.g. fish) into the cloud, the cloud moves along and the downdraughts then dump the fish elsewhere (e.g. over land) - this is often accompanied by rain.

Tornadoes can do this too, but usually over a more limited area.
Does this justifies the argument?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by kalvoken(m): 7:10am On Apr 03, 2019
Maybe because the sky is fishy

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Harry00(m): 7:57am On Apr 03, 2019
undecided images pls

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Mutemenot(m): 7:57am On Apr 03, 2019
cheesy this thread is fishy shocked

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by donbrowser(m): 7:59am On Apr 03, 2019
The atheists should have an answer to this.

CC Oga Seun
Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Topmaike007(m): 8:09am On Apr 03, 2019
COS when evaporation occurs it carries fish from the River or Sea to the sky in which it will fall..

Sense no go kill me cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 03, 2019
ProsperChild:
Sometimes fish fall from the sky when it rains. Why do they fall only when it is raining?

Colin McAllister
25w ago
A cumulonimbus is a very tall cloud. It can be in excess of 40000 feet(~1.5km). That involves massive updraughts and downdraughts.

The updraughts lift things (e.g. fish) into the cloud, the cloud moves along and the downdraughts then dump the fish elsewhere (e.g. over land) - this is often accompanied by rain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNrVZHk8vlY
Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by rex444(m): 8:14am On Apr 03, 2019
Wetin dis one don smoke now na

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by joinnow: 8:32am On Apr 03, 2019
Yea that the scientific explanation

But I also think its mana from above.
Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by ValCon888: 8:39am On Apr 03, 2019
This is really interesting.
An updraught that defies gravity.
Thank you op.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by TinkTwice(m): 8:45am On Apr 03, 2019
The Skye needed barbecue... Na only una sabi chop life abi

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by fk001(m): 8:48am On Apr 03, 2019
I am not convince with your explanation

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by AdeniyiA(m): 8:53am On Apr 03, 2019
Fishes, frogs, toads etc actually fall/come from the clouds. That's how God replenish them, coupled with their reproduction

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Masterclass32: 8:57am On Apr 03, 2019
The explanation no too gel.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Came4apost(m): 9:46am On Apr 03, 2019
ProsperChild:

Colin McAllister
25w ago

Fish can never fall from the sky .. What they experience is fish in the street .. Flooding , hibernation those are some of the logical ideas for fish to be in the street

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Marvel1206: 9:50am On Apr 03, 2019
Came4apost:

Fish can never fall from the sky .. What they experience is fish in the street .. Flooding , hibernation those are some of the logical ideas for fish to be in the street
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_of_animals

1 Like

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Came4apost(m): 9:54am On Apr 03, 2019
Marvel1206:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_of_animals
U did not even read it .. Or maybe you didn't understand it .. Anytime you see hypothesis .. Its has no scientific proof making it somewhat of a myth ..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Kusherman: 9:58am On Apr 03, 2019
because of the man fishing on the moon

1 Like

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Marvel1206: 9:59am On Apr 03, 2019
Came4apost:

U did not even read it .. Or maybe you didn't understand it .. Anytime you see hypothesis .. Its has no scientific proof making it somewhat of a myth ..
Do you lack comprehension?

Which is the hypothesis? The phenomenon or the explanation?
Smh

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Came4apost(m): 10:01am On Apr 03, 2019
Marvel1206:

Do you lack comprehension?

What is the hypothesis? The phenomenon or the explanation?
Smh
People who are quick to anger like you .. Are the one I don't reply .. Because many time people like you are very empty .. Sorry you need to go back to secondary school and ask your science teacher .. When they will not pay attention in class .. They will now be disgracing their self in public .. Arindin

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Came4apost(m): 10:04am On Apr 03, 2019
Came4apost:

People who are quick to anger like you .. Are the one I don't reply .. Because many time people like you are very empty .. Sorry you need to go back to secondary school and ask your science teacher .. When they will not pay attention in class .. They will now be disgracing their self in public .. Arindin
And if we find out now this fool might be a lecturer in the north ABU Zaria or BUK cry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Marvel1206: 10:04am On Apr 03, 2019
Came4apost:

Well. I'm not angry. I'm just amazed that you choose to be misinformed.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Came4apost(m): 10:06am On Apr 03, 2019
Marvel1206:

Well. I'm not angry. I'm just amazed that you choose to be misinformed.
If you can't read and understand something then you are not Worthy to discuss anything with me .. Case closed
Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Marvel1206: 10:08am On Apr 03, 2019
Came4apost:

If you can read and understand something then you are not Worthy to discuss anything with me .. Case closed
Now I know grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Came4apost(m): 10:11am On Apr 03, 2019
Marvel1206:

Now I know grin
Let me know when you get it right because u must be ashamed to think and talk like this
Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Pearlyakin(m): 10:11am On Apr 03, 2019
It is not real, there is nothing like fishing falling from the sky, just a widespread rumour.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by ictjobber: 10:12am On Apr 03, 2019
I witnessed it once in Lagos sometime around 2000/2001.. I can never forget what i saw that day.. Exactly four fishes fell from the sky and was flapping around... when i told my friends they laughed at me...

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature

1 Like

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by Came4apost(m): 10:16am On Apr 03, 2019
That wiki link says it all ..
Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by mamotalk: 10:29am On Apr 03, 2019
From sugarcandy mountain now.
May be those that displease the Mr Jones are thrown away as punishment.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by abumeinben(m): 10:35am On Apr 03, 2019
ProsperChild:

Colin McAllister
25w ago

Updraughts lift fish? Iyemeh.

Updraughts now stronger than gravity, that it'll lift fish to stratosphere. Why don't we have papers fall alongside these fishes...?

Confused religion called science.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by walcut22: 10:55am On Apr 03, 2019
Yes, it is very hard to believe by so many people but i witness it once, back around 2001 when i was coming back from school. It was a catfish and fell right on my side.
Re: Why Do Fish Fall From The Sky When It Rains? by bluecircle470: 11:16am On Apr 03, 2019
Op only fools believe such

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Polytechnic Ibadan Admission Portal User's Guide 2014/2015 / Oil And Gas Business School, Port Harcourt - Courses And Requirements Thread / WAEC TIMETABLE 2024 For Science, Art And Commercial Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.