Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M (946 Views)

Wisdom Azukaego: Gunmen Kidnap And Kill Pastor In Anambra (Photos) / Nigerians Arrested While Trying To Illegally Emigrate To India Through Sea. Pics / Fulani Herdsmen Burn Church And Kill Worshippers In Kajuru, Kaduna (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by Eradaf: 7:26am On Apr 03, 2019
Please Help! My Life In danger! Illegal Ejection Of Property And Threat of getting killed by my Landlord!

Fellow Nairalanders. I am about to be unlawfully evicted from my rented apartment here in Lagos and I currently have no legal and financial means of defending myself. I rented a two bedroom apartment of N320,000, commenced on the 1st of March 2017 and was to end 28th of February 2018, which was fully paid for(I am still in possession of the receipt).

In to the early 2018, I suffered a major financial crisis where my livelihood was severely affected. Things were really down for me but I managed to renew part of my rent of a little above half of my rent (N170,000), with the balance of N150,000 remaining. I tried all my possible best to secure the balance but luck was not on my side.

So I approached my landlord last month that due to how things were and me not wanting to pile up more debt, I would not be able to renew my rent and would like to move out, but requested that I be given a time of three months to be able to get my affairs in order, so I can move out peacefully.

This was where the whole drama started. He began to scream that I must leave the house immediately. Just tonight, he threatened my life and wellbeing. He then said he will use boys to maim me, break my legs, drag my skin on the asphalt and mortally injure me. If not for someone who came to intervene, he would most definitely have carried out that threat.

I being knowledgeable about the legal implications of assault, and the effects of violence, never responded in like kind. I kept quiet and watched it all happen.

To make matters worse, he even padlocked my front door tonight to restrict me entering the house. Luckily I managed to gain entrance through my kitchen door. I am trembling in fear as I do not know what can happen tonight. I am here, helpless and completely financially down with no avenue of defending myself and my rights.

I am humbly pleading your assistance in helping me from this harassment and illegal intimidations as I have no where else to turn to. I have been a peaceful tenant, and I made sure all the sundry bills in the house were promptly paid, and I even endeavour to fix things in the apartment myself without involving anyone.

I fully intend to leave peacefully. All I asked for was some time normally accorded tenants to be able to move out. It wasn't a crime to ask.

Please help me. Please
Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by agarawu23(m): 7:28am On Apr 03, 2019
You paid him 20k from your 170k since February 2018 to April 3 2019 which is over a year.

Your landlord didn't evict you and was considerate without threatening your life or dragging you out. (honestly you are dealing with a nice landlord)

So after owing him for a year rent, you are bold to go and tell him you are moving out without paying the one you owe? if you are the landlord of that house, Will you be happy to hear that?

Mr, building a house in Nigeria is expensive these days and no landlord will want to take Shitt.

Youths of nowadays bite more than they can chew to form class Cos I believe before one can rent a flat in LAGOS, you must be making a lot and have more savings In your account one can have a setback but if you are financially okay, paying house rent won't be an issue.

Go and meet him, plead with him and promise him to give him some money out of it because the 3 month you requested is too much unless you are paying him the one you owe him.

Crazy tenants In Lagos claiming wiseness have taught so many landlords lessons to be blunt.
Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by decatalyst(m): 7:32am On Apr 03, 2019
Who is this idiot always spamming threads nau?

Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by Opexzy: 7:35am On Apr 03, 2019
If you feel threatened... Report this to any police station and let your family members know about it...
Landlords in this country can be very mean and crazy sometimes... You can as well approach human rights activists if u think u are legally right...
Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 03, 2019
Perofixed44:
See below it is fixed
sakamaje u no dey tire eh.. oya delete this trash now!

1 Like

Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 03, 2019
JudeIsokp40:
Read below it
and u too.. oya stop posting nonsense.

Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 03, 2019
Sorry man. We've been there. Waaaaaay back so nothing is new. Its just a phase. Your landlord probably para because you didn't pay fully for this year and still want to pack out. E dey pain na. Na him investment. You for no tell am anything. If you wan park japa normally. Or make him serve you a quit notice. To am this one na scam. As I am I have a tenant that didn't pay for two years. He had financial crisis. I asked him and he explained. Omo I free the guy hoping say one day he go pick up. And he did. And when he did na me enjoy pass. Pay me times 4. For two years come pay another two before he started his own building project. Now we are like brothers.

My advice. It seems stupid but trust me e go work. Go meet am this morning . beg am say make he no vex and explain things to him. Even a lion knows the eyes of a pleading lamb. Just beg am sayake he no vex say you go balance am. Say na fear make you talk that thing say make he give you sometime. If he hear he will. If na japa japa codedly. If na renewal renew. No fight am

2 Likes

Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by Eradaf: 7:45am On Apr 03, 2019
agarawu23:
You paid him 20k from your 170k since February 2018 to April 3 2019 which is over a year.

Your landlord didn't evict you and was considerate without threatening your life or dragging you out. (honestly you are dealing with a nice landlord)

So after owing him for a year rent, you are bold to go and tell him you are moving out without paying the one you owe? if you are the landlord of that house, Will you be happy to hear that?

Mr, building a house in Nigeria is expensive these days and no landlord will want to take Shitt.

Youths of nowadays bite more than they can chew to form class Cos I believe before one can rent a flat in LAGOS, you must be making a lot and have more savings In your account.
Sir you have made a mistake. Please read through it well. I had paid 170,000 and had a balance of 150,000. Meaning I had paid a little above half. I have edited the post and added the 320,000 for more clarity.

I am not evil to the point of paying just 20,000 out of all my rent sir. That is absolute wickedness that I can never be a part of.

Plus when I initially rented the apartment, I had millions in my account. 320,000 would never have been a headache for me to pay.

There is nobody who can't go through sudden life challenges and when it happened to me, I lost almost everything. Even salary earners lose their jobs. I am just trying to rebuild my life back together.
Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by agarawu23(m): 7:46am On Apr 03, 2019
Opexzy:
If you feel threatened... Report this to any police station and let your family members know about it...
Landlords in this country can be very mean and crazy sometimes... You can as well approach human rights activists if u think u are legally right...
it seems you didn't read his story in full. He made a big mistake telling his landlord he is moving out after owing for a year. He can't win any case against him unless he wants to be shamed.
Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by agarawu23(m): 7:53am On Apr 03, 2019
Eradaf:
Sir you have made a mistake. Please read through it well. I had paid 170,000 and had a balance of 150,000. Meaning I had paid a little above half. I have edited the post and added the 320,000 for more clarity.

I am not evil to the point of paying just 20,000 out of all my rent sir. That is absolute wickedness that I can never be a part of.

Plus when I initially rented the apartment, I had millions in my account. 320,000 would never have been a headache for me to pay.

There is nobody who can't go through sudden life challenges and when it happened to me, I lost almost everything. Even salary earners lose their jobs. I am just trying to rebuild my life back together.
okay, your post has been modified and now get you well.

I understand there is setback in life but still you made a mistake, living in Lagos, One needs to be smart. You shouldn't have told him you are moving out and he should give you 3 months.

In his mind, he will be thinking you have gotten another house and wants to move there without paying him.

Go and meet him, look for people they are close together in your streets and beg him. Let him understand you had financial issues and promise to pay him. You can tell him you will show him your new house so assure him you will pay. You can't win legal battle against him and I believe all what he said to you are mere threats. He wont want to go jail.

1 Like

Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by Eradaf: 7:53am On Apr 03, 2019
Shibaraba:
Sorry man. We've been there. Waaaaaay back so nothing is new. Its just a phase. Your landlord probably para because you didn't pay fully for this year and still want to pack out. E dey pain na. Na him investment. You for no tell am anything. If you wan park japa normally. Or make him serve you a quit notice. To am this one na scam. As I am I have a tenant that didn't pay for two years. He had financial crisis. I asked him and he explained. Omo I free the guy hoping say one day he go pick up. And he did. And when he did na me enjoy pass. Pay me times 4. For two years come pay another two before he started his own building project. Now we are like brothers.

My advice. It seems stupid but trust me e go work. Go meet am this morning . beg am say make he no vex and explain things to him. Even a lion knows the eyes of a pleading lamb. Just beg am sayake he no vex say you go balance am. Say na fear make you talk that thing say make he give you sometime. If he hear he will. If na japa japa codedly. If na renewal renew. No fight am
sir, your response is highly valued and I appreciate it. I would have happily done it if the man hadn't told me earlier that I should forget the 6 months owed and just use the money to rent a new place. I've used all types of soft words but to no avail. The man is just bent on doing any and everything to harm me

What is most painful is that I am the most quiet and peaceful tenant in the house, and I am being treated like I owed for two years and refused to move out. I guess he assumes that because I'm a young person, I can be bullied out easily.
Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 03, 2019
Eradaf:
sir, your response is highly valued and I appreciate it. I would have happily done it if the man hadn't told me earlier that I should forget the 6 months owed and just use the money to rent a new place. I've used all types of soft words but to no avail. The man is just bent on doing any and everything to harm me

What is most painful is that I am the most quiet and peaceful tenant in the house, and I am being treated like I owed for two years and refused to move out. I guess he assumes that because I'm a young person, I can be bullied out easily.
Just go beg him. Lie for am say your person wey owe you don talk say he go pay. Or any other sweet lie. To buy sometime so you can japa. A word is enough
Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by Eradaf: 8:00am On Apr 03, 2019
Opexzy:
thank you for your comment sir
Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by Eradaf: 8:04am On Apr 03, 2019
Shibaraba:

Just go beg him. Lie for am say your person wey owe you don talk say he go pay. Or any other sweet lie. To buy sometime so you can japa. A word is enough
thanks baba. Make God just help person for this life. From helping people to not being able to finish rent payments. It's just like a very dry joke.
Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by Eradaf: 8:12am On Apr 03, 2019
agarawu23:
okay, your post has been modified and now get you well.

I understand there is setback in life but still you made a mistake, living in Lagos, One needs to be smart. You shouldn't have told him you are moving out and he should give you 3 months.

In his mind, he will be thinking you have gotten another house and wants to move there without paying him.

Go and meet him, look for people they are close together in your streets and beg him. Let him understand you had financial issues and promise to pay him. You can tell him you will show him your new house so assure him you will pay. You can't win legal battle against him and I believe all what he said to you are mere threats. He wont want to go jail.
Thank you sir. I went to see him this morning but his car wasn't in. Knocked and no answer. I guess he has gone out. I will go again later in the day to see him.
Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 03, 2019
Eradaf:
thanks baba. Make God just help person for this life. From helping people to not being able to finish rent payments. It's just like a very dry joke.
Make I chip in something. To fall is very important in life. Sometimes I'm happy when I'm totally broke and down. It makes me see things I shouldn't have seen. God wey give you the first money never leave you. He just want make you shine your eye. And wise up. Before yoh end up dead. Once I was so broke I couldn't afford okro soup. As in 40 naira okro. People wey we dey club together leave me. Even yab me. When I gbera again I think say na mistake. God look me say e be like say I never learn. I fall again. And rose again. So na challenge. Be happy its happening. You go pick up soon. E sure me. Be safe. And follow baba reason.
Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by Eradaf: 12:41pm On Apr 03, 2019
Shibaraba:

Make I chip in something. To fall is very important in life. Sometimes I'm happy when I'm totally broke and down. It makes me see things I shouldn't have seen. God wey give you the first money never leave you. He just want make you shine your eye. And wise up. Before yoh end up dead. Once I was so broke I couldn't afford okro soup. As in 40 naira okro. People wey we dey club together leave me. Even yab me. When I gbera again I think say na mistake. God look me say e be like say I never learn. I fall again. And rose again. So na challenge. Be happy its happening. You go pick up soon. E sure me. Be safe. And follow baba reason.
Hmmmm. Very very deep words. Thank you very much and I have taken them to heart

1 Like

Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by chinebu(m): 2:09pm On Apr 03, 2019
Eradaf:

You Dont Have enough to maintain That lifestyle thats all. Stop ranting and pack out asap.

Help yourself and go back to a room self contain. I think Thats where You belong.

After spending so much in building a house. You Have stayed some free months Already and You are still requesting for more free months. You are not serious
Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by Eradaf: 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2019
chinebu:

You Dont Have enough to maintain That lifestyle thats all. Stop ranting and pack out asap.

Help yourself and go back to a room self contain. I think Thats where You belong.

After spending so much in building a house. You Have stayed some free months Already and You are still requesting for more free months. You are not serious
Thanks for taking the effort to comment your views sir.
Re: My Life In Danger. My Landlord Wants To Illegally Eject My Properties And Kill M by Xisnin(m): 6:33am On Apr 04, 2019
You deserve more than that fo greediness and foolishness.
The landlord was very considerate to allow you to stay after meeting only 50%
of your payment.
You still had the audacity to ask for an extra 3 months when you should have secretly be
searching for a new apartment that you can afford.

(1) (Reply)

Hair Sellers And Other Abuja Vendors Beware / Wicked Teacher Bagged 20 Years For Sleeping With 13 Year Old / Policeman Killed By Angry Crowd For ‘shooting’ A Pregnant Woman Dead In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.