Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns (40449 Views)

Algerians Celebrate After President Resigns (video) / Algeria President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns, Delays Elections And Will Not Se / 82-year-old Algeria President Abdelaziz Bouteflika To Run For 5th Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:52pm On Apr 03, 2019
tactius:

Bouteflika had been in power for 4 terms of five years each. He wanted to run for a fifth term.

Bubu has just started his second 4 year term, and he has basically said that he is retiring after term 2 finishes. And PDP lost the election because many PDP leaders did not make enough effort for Atiku in the North, many South Easterners and SS did not turn up and vote (Ebonyi had over a million voters of whom just 400000 turned out...meanwhile states like Kano, Kaduna etc...had thousands.)...and the thing is, Buhari is a religion up in the mass voting centers of the North.

Am I happy. No. I am tired of seeing old cargoes ruling this country. But the sad thing is that the old cargoes do all the hard work of forming alliances, mobilizing followers, etc. In Nigeria, the opposition was divided. And complacent.

Hmmm
You are right Sir. i totally agree with your write-up.
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by Heffalump(m): 5:03pm On Apr 03, 2019
When will Buhari tender his resignation just as this
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by HomeOfMe(f): 5:09pm On Apr 03, 2019
BrainnewsNg:

Watch The Video

Read More At; https://www.brainnewsradio.com/algerians-take-to-streets-to-celebrate-after-their-president-resigns/
Nigeria is overdue for this kind of jubilation.
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by Lilkini(m): 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2019
Just imagine its same in nigeria... staying more than 2tenures.
buhari president for 20years....damn!!! let me stop this imagination please
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by chuckjonesbaba(m): 5:11pm On Apr 03, 2019
DeeTweenie:
I wish this can happen in my dear country Nigeria, i for waka naked for 1 week kiss kiss kiss kiss

Lol
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by lollytk(f): 5:13pm On Apr 03, 2019
Africa is cursed, it doesn't matter if the skin is white or black
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by Platony(m): 5:17pm On Apr 03, 2019
BUHARI should learn from such gestures. When d masses are fed up, jst do d needful and resign but no, he'll rather die in d throne.

angry angry
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by chinchum(m): 5:29pm On Apr 03, 2019
Usually after such resignations, there will be celebration but it might be shortlived as replacements tend to be worse.
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by mvem(m): 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2019
tactius:

Yeah I agree...but there is a high intensity Berber nationalism...language rights, etc.
(Kind of like the Basques and Catalans in Spain. )
..yes.. True
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by Badonasty(m): 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2019
helinues:
They still need to get rid of the army chief

you don get am...you really understand Africa
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2019
comshots:
Muslim leaders are power mongers.They like to die on the throne while power is transited to their children.

Go and take a government class.
You seemed confused to distinguish btw Monarchy and self styled democracy.Cameroon,your immediate neighbor is ruled by Paul biya for over 25 years.Your claim is rooted on religious bigotry.

1 Like

Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by babeosisi: 5:53pm On Apr 03, 2019
When will boo boo do same?
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by poseidon12: 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2019
Great people. That is what Nigerians should be demanding from the useless thing called Buhari. But the dumb masses here cannot get beyond tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by poseidon12: 5:56pm On Apr 03, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:
And Buhari is still Nigeria president ooo

#spits

Exactly. I join you in spitting.
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by poseidon12: 5:58pm On Apr 03, 2019
Monjerk:
When will this kind of thing happen in Nigeria? Even when our presidiot was away for how many weeks, and even in coma, he was still sitting tight.

Tribalism will not allow that to happen in Nigeria.
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by Caseless: 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2019
comshots:
Muslim leaders are power mongers.They like to die on the throne while power is transited to their children.
you're uneducated!
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2019
Thisis2raw:
The day Buhari dies or resign, we are going to celebrate even more than this

My brother, U no see as tinibu don reduce him own age now... He wan continue ruling by 80yrs

1 Like

Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by Rollitout: 6:51pm On Apr 03, 2019
Power intoxicate just like alcohol

Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by Ugosample(m): 7:15pm On Apr 03, 2019
mvem:
...Nigeria is very polarized and divided between religious and ethnic grounds that's why this is almost impossible... Everything will be seen as against my religion or my ethnicity.... Let some people protest against the government and you see many stage anti-protest... Algeria are professing same religion with same ethnicity, everyone went out and wanted the president out, no sentiments or bias attached... That's not obtainable here... Nigeria actually has a unique political and social environment

you have a point

BUT

Algerians are of different ethnicities

Same with SA that forced Zuma to resign

It's the lack of education, miseducation and short sightedness that is to blame for Nigeria predicaments.

The mind of an average Nigerian is underdeveloped and is still at the primordial stage (that is why we talk my tribe /my family over common good)

if the educational system was not bastardized and a sense of nationhood was drilled in our head from day one

Nigeria will not be fragmented like this undecided
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by Ugosample(m): 7:18pm On Apr 03, 2019
BillgatesMaigad:
I think the Europeans left us way too early for us to govern our selves. Nigeria is not ripe for self governance. Imagine south Africa without the whites, how do you think SA would have looked like?

If you check the whole of Africa, the countries with white skinned people seem to be ahead of their black skinned brothers in terms of well being. I am completely sick and tired of being an African. Infact being an African is like a dieses that is not curable. I want to just leave this place called Nigeria and never return again.
In Nigeria, filling station operators bride Nepa officials not to restore power just so they can make more profit. In Nigeria people that run football viewing centers actually settle Nepa officials because of personal gain. Situation is very critical here in Nigeria.

wahala plenty for naija
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by KingSango(m): 7:24pm On Apr 03, 2019
Ibrahimmrfish:

Arabs leaders are power mongers,not Muslims leaders.Cameroon,zimbabwe,Venezuela and Kongo are all Christians nations,with history of leaders in power for years.

Democracy is a fraud

Always a group or several rival groups in power who rule through one man
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by blackboy(m): 8:20pm On Apr 03, 2019
olajizz01:
And Soldiers will kill hell out of you people.

Cant happen. As our dear president said, "the world is watching "

On another note, somwonw mentioned "we" didnt let OBJ do 3rd Term. I laughed so hard. Who are the "we". I dont recall any mass protest against his 3rd term. It was the likes of Atiku and the NASS that denied him his 3rd term. Simply put, fellow politicians who wanted their time to rule
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by KarlWhyte(m): 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2019
comshots:

mugabe,stalin,hitler, kim jong un, mobutu are all muslims abi?? y so much hate!!!
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 8:40pm On Apr 03, 2019
comshots:
Shut up
I delete stupìd posts
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by mvem(m): 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2019
Ugosample:

you have a point

BUT

Algerians are of different ethnicities

Same with SA that forced Zuma to resign

It's the lack of education, miseducation and short sightedness that is to blame for Nigeria predicaments.

The mind of an average Nigerian is underdeveloped and is still at the primordial stage (that is why we talk my tribe /my family over common good)

if the educational system was not bastardized and a sense of nationhood was drilled in our head from day one

Nigeria will not be fragmented like this undecided
..Algerians are not of different ethnicities...we have the ethnic Berbers and the Arabs only that have intermixed for hundred of years
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by ArchAngelos999: 9:47pm On Apr 03, 2019
These are a people truly united, no bias based on parochial ideas will make them support evil done by their leaders
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by KingWarri: 9:57pm On Apr 03, 2019
Thisis2raw:
The day Buhari dies or resign, we are going to celebrate even more than this
lipsrsealed Mauruhana shattakanaaaaa

don't you ever wish someone dead....
it's better you Kill dem..... grin
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 03, 2019
Finally, man was gone, doesn’t move around but still clinched to the post, greed is bad.
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by lightwind(m): 10:48pm On Apr 03, 2019
Still the country still fine in terms of development
Re: Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns by IronGalaxy: 11:41pm On Apr 03, 2019
BillgatesMaigad:
I think the Europeans left us way too early for us to govern our selves. Nigeria is not ripe for self governance. Imagine south Africa without the whites, how do you think SA would have looked like?

If you check the whole of Africa, the countries with white skinned people seem to be ahead of their black skinned brothers in terms of well being. I am completely sick and tired of being an African. Infact being an African is like a dieses that is not curable. I want to just leave this place called Nigeria and never return again.
In Nigeria, filling station operators bride Nepa officials not to restore power just so they can make more profit. In Nigeria people that run football viewing centers actually settle Nepa officials because of personal gain. Situation is very critical here in Nigeria.
here is another one...* Sighs*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Indonesia Navy Submarine Goes Missing With 53 On Board(Photos) / Moscow Offers Update On Casualties From Ukraine Conflict / Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.