Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:50 PM

President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage (44906 Views)

Lawan Finally Acknowledges Machina, Admits End To 23-year NASS Journey / ICC Acknowledges Akintoye, Igboho’s Petition Against Buhari / BREAKING: Buhari Acknowledges Victor Giadom As APC Acting Chairman (2) (3) (4)

Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by LordPsalm(m): 5:54am On Apr 04, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:

In recent days, a lot of Nigerians took to social media to join voices in the ‘End SARS‘ media campaign. The campaign got more serious after an innocent Nigerian – Mr. Kolade Johnson – was mistakenly shot dead by a SARS official on Sunday where he went to watch a football match.

Unlike before, the President of the country responded to the campaign using his official Twitter handle. He is of the opinion that the government will not tolerate brutalization of Nigerian citizens or the violation of their rights in any way.

In recent days, a lot of Nigerians took to social media to join voices in the ‘End SARS‘ media campaign. The campaign got more serious after an innocent Nigerian – Mr. Kolade Johnson – was mistakenly shot dead by a SARS official on Sunday where he went to watch a football match.

Unlike before, the President of the country responded to the campaign using his official Twitter handle. He is of the opinion that the government will not tolerate brutalization of Nigerian citizens or the violation of their rights in any way.

In his tweets, he wrote;

Let me make it clear that the Government will not tolerate in any way the brutalization of Nigerians or the violation of their rights. Any law enforcement officer or government functionary caught in this act will be visited with the full weight of the law.

The recent unfortunate action of SARS operatives from the Lagos State Police Command, which led to the avoidable death of Mr. Kolade Johnson, is deeply regretted. Once again, our condolences to the family of the deceased. I’m aware the Police authorities have visited them.

I acknowledge the genuine outrage from citizens and Civil Society groups regarding the activities of SARS. As you’re aware, the Suspects in the Kolade Johnson killing are in custody. When the orderly room trial is concluded, indicted officers will be prosecuted in court.

While important steps have been taken by the Police leadership to restructure and reform SARS, in line with presidential directives, more needs to be done. I assure this will be done. We will continue to work to ensure that we have a Police Force that adheres to the rule of law.

Source: https://autojosh.com/president-buhari-acknowledges-nigerians-sars/

That's my problem with this man...#END SARS NOT REFORM
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by Edusouls(m): 6:18am On Apr 04, 2019
Haba Nigerians our attitude they smell like public toilet, the president has spoken swiftly after hearing the cries of many Nigerians on endears issue due to the killing of an innocent Nigerian kolede, see Insalts,erratic reactions everywhere towards the president, if he is silent now they say he is deaf, now he speaks another problem..nigerians behave like animals..

Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by gaffig: 6:23am On Apr 04, 2019
Chicagoesontop:
Acknowledgment is not the main thing, the action he will take is the sole and primary thing we are waiting to observe !! but Oga it's not am aware that police have visited them but HAS visited them undecided
Mr English you are wrong. Authorities (plural) so have follows.... Mtscheewww
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by AntiWailer: 6:24am On Apr 04, 2019
GolDRoger:
We are telling you to ENDSARS

and you are here talking about reforming and restructuring it

this man sef angry angry

How do you end a unit that fight Robbery ?

What can be done is to reform and restrict their operations to robbery suspects and look for another sane arm of EFCC to take on fraudsters.
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by hottathafire(m): 7:10am On Apr 04, 2019
Chicagoesontop:
Acknowledgment is not the main thing, the action he will take is the sole and primary thing we are waiting to observe !! but Oga it's not am aware that police have visited them but HAS visited them undecided
Over sabi... "...police authorities have visited them".

Habeeb09:

Oversabi, go carry your English textbook
Concord is key
Thank you jare, when they will not pay attention to their studies and they will refuse to read and when they fail now they will say WAEC failed them instead of saying they failed woefully.
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by chuckjonesbaba(m): 7:25am On Apr 04, 2019
Doubleprof1:
We are used to empty promises. I will be a surprise if this case is truly visited and addressed.

I did not vote for Buhari nor do I like or support him. But one thing I know. He doesn't make empty promises.
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by PeterChrist: 7:40am On Apr 04, 2019
Chicagoesontop:
but Oga it's not am aware that police have visited them but HAS visited them undecided

He is correct. He said, "I’m aware the Police AUTHORITIES have visited them" His statement is grammatically correct. However, are you that spiteful of your president such that you've gotten a non-rewarding job of scrutinizing every letter he wrote in case he made errors? Straining gnats, swallowing camels
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by Dnevasaynevaguy: 8:35am On Apr 04, 2019
Chicagoesontop:

Actually "have " within that context is correct.
"Authorities"conotes plural tense and " have" is for plural while "has" is for singular.

E.g Emeka has a car.
They all have cars.
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by Barzinime(m): 10:16am On Apr 04, 2019
They should end SARS right?
Do you people think of the aftermath of ending SARS?
I usually dont like their modes of conduct but if you were in their shoes, you will realize the reasons they behave like wild animals(you cant be dealing with harden criminals almost everyday of your life & still expect to be normal/cool headed).
I will suggest a quarterly mental check/evaluation for the unit to know the ones that needs a break to get back to normal senses.

We all need to think before coming to a conclusion, not just follow the bandwagon.

GolDRoger:
We are telling you to ENDSARS

and you are here talking about reforming and restructuring it

this man sef angry angry
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by usafemo(m): 1:23pm On Apr 04, 2019
Bullets don't have names, and as long as they're flying, all of us are in danger.
The change begins with us

#endsars
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by pelegiga92(m): 3:30pm On Apr 04, 2019
xtophy1:
Sometimes, I use to think that maybe Buhari doesn't have a browsing phone....
Let him just surf Nairaland and cry
Let him surf Twitter and feel the pains
Let him surf Facebook and know what ppl are passing through
He can then visit xvideos and xnxx to cool down
na wa for u ohh... u fit talk dis one to ur papa

Kwankwaso Storms Delta State In Style, Supporters Hail Him (Photos) / Ajimobi, Aregbesola, Sanwo-olu Visits Tinubu In Abuja [photos] / Court Extends Order Stopping Obaseki From Arresting Oshiomhole