Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,728 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage (44772 Views)

Lawan Finally Acknowledges Machina, Admits End To 23-year NASS Journey / ICC Acknowledges Akintoye, Igboho’s Petition Against Buhari / BREAKING: Buhari Acknowledges Victor Giadom As APC Acting Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by WizPrince1(m): 10:06pm On Apr 03, 2019
I'll never forget the day these guys used power bank to boost my phone for checkup. In Delta State, there's another group called SOS still exploiting citizens. These disguised terrorists need to removed as soon as possible to avoid further violation of human rights. Nigeria deserves better at this stage!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by kingjrofficial(m): 10:08pm On Apr 03, 2019
xtophy1:
Sometimes, I use to think that maybe Buhari doesn't have a browsing phone....
Let him just surf Nairaland and cry
Let him surf Twitter and feel the pains
Let him surf Facebook and know what ppl are passing through
He can then visit xvideos and xnxx to cool down
grin grin
Oga which one u dey Naaa?? grin shocked shocked
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by Emanodimo(m): 10:12pm On Apr 03, 2019
Chicagoesontop:
Acknowledgment is not the main thing, the action he will take is the sole and primary thing we are waiting to observe !! but Oga it's not am aware that police have visited them but HAS visited them undecided

Rightly observed.

But one thing, I need grammarian like you to know is that you can make the same mistake in the usage of has and have.

Two professors have argued on this in Punch newspaper years back.

Any way, good that u observed well

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by useful4us(m): 10:13pm On Apr 03, 2019
Special Armed Robbery Squad

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by ohosi4real(m): 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2019
Until SAR Started killing northern that is the only way they will stop those Animal call SAR But if they continue killing southern they will not be end SAR. South people's don suffer sha
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by useful4us(m): 10:24pm On Apr 03, 2019
***END_SARS***
They are the dreaded monsters in hood
And the all opposite of Good.
Fighting crime suppose to be their cause
But Much havoc is what they have caused
They swear to protect the masses
Bit they end up terrorising us with their vices

Their uniform was designed for honour
But it is now a clear flag of horror
They were established to eliminate robbers
But they clearly act like their brothers

it is better they come to halt
For the people to stop being hurt

The country will value their absence
Since they add no value to their presence
If Police is truly my friend
Then SARS must come to an end

(c)UsefulPen..2018

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by dontbothermuch: 10:25pm On Apr 03, 2019
Good start.

Autojosh, please edit your post.
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by Francopol(m): 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2019
olodo! u didn't see dat "authorities" dia? pple like u always fail shaa....
well, fore Buhari-APC led govt is obviously de biggest mess in dis state called Nigeria!
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by ohosi4real(m): 10:27pm On Apr 03, 2019
useful4us:
Special Armed Robbery Squad
it is anti robbery not armed robbery oga
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by AngelicBeing: 10:29pm On Apr 03, 2019
chuksville:
Acknowledgement is different from taking immediate action.
That's what we always hear: Acknowledge this, acknowledge that.
Forget about all this people writing things for Buhari on his page, most times he's even unaware of some of the things happening in the country.
After all, he can't even make use of a phone.
Hian, Lol at Buhari can't use a phone, like seriously, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com grin

Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by plaetton: 10:33pm On Apr 03, 2019
GolDRoger:
We are telling you to ENDSARS

and you are here talking about reforming and restructuring it

this man sef angry angry

End SARs for what?

Nigerians have very very short memory.

Have you all forgotten the reasons for establishing SARS in the first place ?

What exactly do you think is the problem ? The four letters S.A.R.S , or the bad and rotten policemen within the Nigerian police force ?
Very shallow thinking to imagine that ending SARS would magically cure the nation of killer policemen.

Like the president has said, a sincere and wholesale reform and better training is the solution that would benefit everyone in the long run, not the idiotic narrow minded, kneejerk call to end SARS.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by uckennety(m): 10:36pm On Apr 03, 2019
Have you noticed that SARS doesn't operate in the north?

Only in the southern part of the country

Can someone tell me why?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by useful4us(m): 10:36pm On Apr 03, 2019
ohosi4real:

it is anti robbery not armed robbery oga

I am envisaging on the figurative meaning and not on the literary meaning. Mr Oga

No b u go tell me say blue band na butter sir

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by salihu2nic: 10:48pm On Apr 03, 2019
GolDRoger:
We are telling you to ENDSARS

and you are here talking about reforming and restructuring it

this man sef angry angry

Mr man before u tell ur president to end SARS take time to revisit why it was created. It might not have been leaving up to expectations. A thoughtful mind will look into why it is not working as expected and try making it work.
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by salihu2nic: 10:51pm On Apr 03, 2019
uckennety:

Can someone tell me why?
because the north are hunting u............ please use the right faculty of thought, and not tribalistic faculty.
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by Buhdeuce: 10:52pm On Apr 03, 2019
I have come to learn that you cannot please everybody.

Some people will never give the concluded elections a rest.

Man has said action will be taken on the culprits while some street urchins with undignified ancestry continue to insult him like their father ever amounted to anything in life.

And before you quote me, think long and hard about it because I have the time to spare!
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by akhis: 11:05pm On Apr 03, 2019
Chicagoesontop:
Acknowledgment is not the main thing, the action he will take is the sole and primary thing we are waiting to observe !! but Oga it's not am aware that police have visited them but HAS visited them undecided

Oga english, i non think say the have is wrong. He said "authorities" which is plural and have should go not has. If he had said "the police" alone, that for be has. My small thinking sha be that

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by Strech(m): 11:08pm On Apr 03, 2019
Chicagoesontop:
with all your Sabi Sabi. Him still dey rule Ya f***** ass.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by Brightolanton(m): 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2019
Chicagoesontop:

"Police" as a word is treated as plural so the auxiliary verb "Have" is very correct.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by Strech(m): 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2019
uckennety:

Can someone tell me why?
.it is a fat lie. I live in kaduna. And I kw wetin I pass in the hands of this children of lusifer called sars.
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by ticoticotico: 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2019
If you believe that is Buhari writing those you most be high, Buhari can't read or tweet
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by joyjonathan: 11:14pm On Apr 03, 2019
]Acknowledgment is not the main thing, the action he will take is the sole and primary thing we are waiting to observe !! but Oga it's not am aware that police have visited them but HAS visited them
He said police authorities have visited them and not police have visited them,thanks!
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by IamPlato(m): 11:21pm On Apr 03, 2019
If Na Buhari type That Thing Make My Prick Big Pass My Trouser
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by ayesco202(m): 11:36pm On Apr 03, 2019
Chicagoesontop:
I don't think that's incorrect. 'Police' is a collective noun just like congregation, clergy, audience etc. The thing is, if the collective noun doesn't perform an action, a singular verb (has) is required e.g. "The Nigeria Police has gallant men." but if the collective noun performs an action, just like the one above, a plural verb (have) would be used e.g. I'm aware that the police have visited them.

Besides, he said 'police authorities have'. Even if he said 'the police have', I think it's still grammatically all right.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by uckennety(m): 11:43pm On Apr 03, 2019
salihu2nic:

because the north are hunting u............ please use the right faculty of thought, and not tribalistic faculty.

The north is hunting me oooo
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by bigglesjnr: 11:52pm On Apr 03, 2019
Chicagoesontop:
You dont need to come out here and disgrace your parents for spending so much on your education, while you lack basic rules of grammar. Police,like team and many other words in that category are plural noun, the verb that follows them must also be plural. Moreso to make it even easier for you, the twit said 'police aithorities' that authomatically must be followed by a plural verb, hence 'the police authorities'

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by winnerz: 12:50am On Apr 04, 2019
Chicagoesontop:
English teacher grin
'The police authorities' is a plural noun, therefore it goes well with 'have' being a plural verb.
The police as used in the context is an embodiment, a group. Thus the plural verb.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by lonelydora: 1:30am On Apr 04, 2019
sunky97:
Man who hates water and smells like a hegoat was forceful bathed by his friends

Watch video below.

[flash=425,400]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYazaO1Hwj8&feature=youtu.be[/flash]

grin grin Hahahahaha. I can't stop laughing at the video
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by megareal: 1:37am On Apr 04, 2019
crownwealth:

He is so clueless and bereaved of action

It's bereft not bereaved.
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by crownwealth: 4:30am On Apr 04, 2019
megareal:

It's bereft not bereaved.

Thank you
Re: President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage by Bigsolo10: 4:59am On Apr 04, 2019
Only one person who stood up an name it all that Nigeria is zoological.everyone is trying to kill a young innocent man. For saying the truth.every body knows the person am taking about.his name is lord Nnamdi k

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Donald Duke And Charly Boy Hang Out Together / Bianca Ojukwu Celebrates Chimamanda Adichie, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Dora Akunyili / DSS Accuses Israeli Filmmakers Of Supporting IPOB, Detains Them In Cells

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.