Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,450,149 members, 5,520,238 topics. Date: Friday, 10 April 2020 at 06:13 AM

The Love Grotto - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Love Grotto (53770 Views)

The Hottest Thief! ( When She Married The "Love"of Her Life..) / "The Love Triangle" - A Short Christian Love Story By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola / The Love Story Between A Law Student And Campus Babe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Love Grotto by PrudySara(f): 1:45pm On Mar 19
I just knew something like this will happen. I pity you Francis when your wife finds out. Thanks for the update!
Re: The Love Grotto by Ann2012(f): 6:21pm On Mar 19
What's Judith's problem sef?

Thanks for the update
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 8:10pm On Mar 24
I nodded as the line was disconnected. Maybe if I played everything right, there would be no problem. I would not tell Ruth, so how would she get to know?

The deed had already been done and the best way to manage it was to keep it as a secret, if need be till eternity, I resolved.

I soon got her text message. She lived at Ogba. I decided that I would go straight from work the following day to pay her a visit. That was what I did. By few minutes after six in the evening, I was knocking at the door of her apartment.

The door was opened and a young lady looked at me enquiringly.

‘Good evening. I’m Frank and I’ve come to greet Madam Judith.’

She smiled and opened the door wide. ‘Oh, please come in.’

I entered the apartment. In the sitting-room, Judith was breastfeeding the baby. She smiled up at me.

‘Hello, you finally made it,’ she said.

‘Yes. How’re you ma’am, and how’s the baby?’

‘The baby is fine. Sit down.’

I sat comfortably on a seat. The room was cozy and presentable. Judith obviously had good tastes. I was offered malt drinks. After she finished feeding the baby, she handed him to me.

‘Here, hold him. Is he not adorable?’

Gingerly, I took the baby from her. Somehow, I felt proud to be a father. Whether legitimate or not, it was wonderful to carry a baby you had fathered. That was my feeling.

I studied the baby as he slept off on my hands. Truly, he had the same shape of head and facial features as I did. I had no doubt the baby was truly mine.

After about half an hour, I stood up to go. ‘Accept my heartfelt congratulations, once more, madam. I pray that the almighty God will make the child grow in grace and in His will.’

‘Thanks, Frank. Thanks for coming.’

I had a feeling that the presence of the young lady who was probably her relative prevented Judith from talking intimately with me.

I nodded and left the place. Even as I drove to Ilupeju, the image of that cute baby boy remained in my thinking. What a cute baby.

How I wished it was Ruth that had given birth to the baby.

On getting to the Ilupeju home, I met my darling wife already at home.

‘Hello, darling. How’re you today?’

‘Fine. The traffic must have been terrible.’ She glanced at the big gold-plated clock in the sitting-room.

‘Yes,’ I replied. ‘The hold-up between Ikorodu and Ketu was dismal.’

We moved up to our bedroom upstairs.

‘Have you heard that Aunty Judith has given birth to a baby?’ she asked.

My heart started thumping. ‘Has she?’

You can get the full download at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460

3 Likes

Re: The Love Grotto by aprilwise(m): 7:00am On Mar 26
There would be trouble in the paradise.
Re: The Love Grotto by Kokoebapluse(m): 7:31am On Mar 26
Don't get happy or feel OK if you pay a huge money for a work but you didn't see good result. Here is good news At LEM where we deal with anything contain painting, we re into house painting, frame ( your portrait), T-shirt design, branding, and printing & publishing. For more information call us on :08172010068.
Re: The Love Grotto by presleYzzi(m): 11:04am On Mar 26
Started this story like 2 hrs back, somewhere along the line I was praying it was already concluded, I was wrong

Well thank you for making me consult Google numerously, just when I thought I had a considerably good command of English.

I will be waitin for updates.

Is this a true life story mr frank??
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 12:29pm On Mar 29
presleYzzi:
Started this story like 2 hrs back, somewhere along the line I was praying it was already concluded, I was wrong

Well thank you for making me consult Google numerously, just when I thought I had a considerably good command of English.

I will be waitin for updates.

Is this a true life story mr frank??

Many thanks for your interest and comments. Words like yours encourage a lot.

The work is purely a fiction.

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 1:00pm On Apr 04
We moved up to our bedroom upstairs.

‘Have you heard that Aunty Judith has given birth to a baby?’ she asked.

My heart started thumping. ‘Has she?’

But how did Ruth get to know? Then, I remembered that Judith was our former boss at Apezlinks.

‘Yes,’ Ruth replied. ‘She called me this morning to inform me. We’ve got to see her and greet the baby.’

My heart was still thumping, but I managed to keep a cool mien.

‘Yes. Congrats to her for the baby.’

We entered the bedroom. I removed my canvas shoes and changed from my jeans and t-shirt to a light-blue, cotton pajamas.

‘She also said very soon, she and the father of the baby will be tying the nuptial knots.’

I raised my brows as I felt blood leaving my veins. ‘She also said that?’

‘Yes. It will be lovely to see her marry, won’t it? A nice woman like Aunty Judith should settle down with a good man. I will gladly attend her wedding.’

It was one topic I didn’t like, but I had to pretend to like it. ‘Yes, indeed, it will be a great thing when Ms. Judith finally settles down with a man.’

‘Maybe this Saturday, we can pay her a visit.’

I nodded. ‘That will be okay.’

On Saturday morning, Ruth and I decided to visit Judith. Ruth gave me the address Judith had sent to her. All along, I pretended that I didn’t know where Judith lived.

I drove the Mercedes Benz while Ruth was perched to my side. At a point, I asked an ‘okada’ rider the street where Judith lived, just to drive home my point.

The same young lady that opened the door for me the other time was at hand to usher Ruth and me inside the apartment. I was relieved when she greeted me as if she didn’t know me before.
Judith was glad to see us.

‘Hey, Frank is more handsome than ever,’ she commented and turned to my wife. ‘I can see that you’re really taking good care of him. It’s good to be married, you know.’

‘Yes o,’ Ruth replied gleefully. ‘If I don’t take good care of him, who will?’

Judith entertained us with sumptuous food and drinks. Along the line, she handed the baby to Ruth to carry.

‘Oh, what a cute baby,’ Ruth gushed as she stared into the eyes of the baby boy.

‘Yes, he takes after his father,’ Judith replied.

‘Oh, what a lucky father he is. He should not waste time in marrying his baby mama and taking care of mother and child.’

Judith smiled while I remained mute. My mouth was dry.
Re: The Love Grotto by aprilwise(m): 3:22pm On Apr 04
Questions would be asked. Thanks for the update
Re: The Love Grotto by presleYzzi(m): 2:35pm On Apr 07
Thanks for this

Next episode please!

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 5:51pm On Apr 07
Oh, what a cute baby,’ Ruth gushed as she stared into the eyes of the baby boy.

‘Yes, he takes after his father,’ Judith replied.

‘Oh, what a lucky father he is. He should not waste time in marrying his baby mama and taking care of mother and child.’

Judith smiled while I remained mute. My mouth was dry.

Before we left, Ruth gave the bag containing baby products and other gifts to Judith.

‘On behalf of the two of us,’ Ruth said. ‘This is for the cutest baby in town.’

Ruth was staring at the baby while she handed him to his mother. Judith stole the moment to wink at me. Whatever that meant, I made no response.

‘Thanks you so much,’ Ruth said. ‘If I were Catholic, you will be his godmother while Frank will be his godfather.’

Ruth smiled at the joke while I could only manage a grin. We left the place. Even in the car, while I drove home, Ruth kept talking about how cute the baby.

‘I wish I will have a baby as cute as that,’ she said. She turned to face me. ‘Don’t you wish you’re the father of such a baby?’

This time around, I smiled. Inside me, I felt proud my baby was regarded to be so cute.

‘Yeah, but don’t you worry,’ I said, still smiling. ‘I’m sure the baby you will give me will be cuter than that.’

On the eight day of the baby’s birth, Judith sent a message to me that the baby had been christened Francis Ayodele Aka. She also sent some pictures of the boy. Now,

I decided to keep the pictures and saved it on my phone and memory card.

When the baby was a month old, some pictures were also sent. The same thing was repeated when he was two months old and three months old respectively.

When the baby was six months old, I got a surprise news from Judith.

‘I will be relocating to London with the baby,’ she said.

‘Really?’

‘Yes. I’ve got all the papers. Next week, we’ll be traveling.’

‘So soon?’ I could not hide the surprise from my voice.

‘Yes, it is meant to be a surprise.’

I felt she was leaving with a part of me. I meant this. For about nine months now that Ruth and I had married, she had not yet conceived. Initially, I had shrugged it off, but in the last couple of weeks, I had started to get worried.

You can get the full download at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460
Re: The Love Grotto by Saturn101: 8:41pm On Apr 07
Nice update.
Re: The Love Grotto by FairCritic(m): 8:18am On Apr 08
Nice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Funny 40 Alleged Quotes From President ROBERT MUGABE / Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? / Twist Of Fate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.