Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

How To Use Imagesizer To Scale Lightbox Gallery Images In Expressionengine - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Use Imagesizer To Scale Lightbox Gallery Images In Expressionengine (618 Views)

How To Resize Images In Bulk / Rate This Site Design On A Scale Of 1 - 10 / How Can I Change the background Images In Wordpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Imagesizer To Scale Lightbox Gallery Images In Expressionengine by todhost(m): 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2019
The ImageSizer plugin from Lumis is a fantastic plugin and you will get to find that out very shortly. This great plugin will make it easy for you to upload any file, crop it and resize it on the fly in multiple places throughout your whole ExpressionEngine site.

We often use ImageSizer in conjunction with the FF Matrix FieldFrame field type to let users add as many images as they want with captions. Then we pull at the first one and give a link to view the rest in a lightbox gallery. Works great!

But some EE users do not realize that that those pictures they take with their tiny cameras are actually really large files. File size notwithstanding, the pixel dimensions are out of control. Now some lightboxes will scale the image to fit in the visible area, but either way it’s still having to load up images that are way too big for the web.

To cope with this problem, developers had to put instructions on the field: “900px wide max.” Yeah that worked. It will mostly meet with blank stares on that one. And then the question of…”so you’re saying I have to resize all my images before I even upload them? I thought you said this was supposed to be easy.” Sometimes we get so wrapped up in the way we use computers we forget that everyone else is still not so sillfull in using them.

Read full post: https://www.todhost.com/knowledgebase/859/How-to-Use-ImageSizer-to-Scale-Lightbox-Gallery-Images-in-ExpressionEngine.html

(1) (Reply)

I Also Sell old Instagram Accounts In Bulk / Powerful Ways To Optimize Your Blog For Better Ranking / SEO Tools For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.