Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Honda Accord 2006 Condenser Fan Turning On And AC Automatically - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2006 Condenser Fan Turning On And AC Automatically (1494 Views)

Accord 2006 For Uber Is This Madness / Accord 2006(EOD) Vs 2007(dc) / The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 2006 Condenser Fan Turning On And AC Automatically by Johnsonkeyz2019: 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2019
My Honda Accord AC is turning itself on automatically without me pressing the Button so I'm forced to use AC Everytime when I drive
Please what could be wrong ?
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Condenser Fan Turning On And AC Automatically by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:46am On Apr 04, 2019
this one is strong oh....

what's the vehicle repair history? did u work on the car recently and what did u work on?

sounds like sticky temp control knob...... what conditions Create the issue.... bumps?

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Condenser Fan Turning On And AC Automatically by diportivo: 6:30am On Apr 04, 2019
HVAC knobs and switch he's av been visited by village people

na to change am sure pass
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Condenser Fan Turning On And AC Automatically by Johnsonkeyz2019: 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2019
obekediamondfuto:
this one is strong oh....

what's the vehicle repair history? did u work on the car recently and what did u work on?

sounds like sticky temp control knob...... what conditions Create the issue.... bumps?

I was just driving on a cool early morning ND I started feeling AC breeze ND that was how it started I turned it off after sometime it came on back

Now I notice the compressor picks up Everytime I start the Car
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Condenser Fan Turning On And AC Automatically by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:56pm On Apr 04, 2019
Seems you have a short circuit somewhere in the wiring.

4 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Condenser Fan Turning On And AC Automatically by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:37am On Apr 05, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:

I was just driving on a cool early morning ND I started feeling AC breeze ND that was how it started I turned it off after sometime it came on back

Now I notice the compressor picks up Everytime I start the Car

hmmmmm,
cc mosbus, gazzuzz, autologic
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Condenser Fan Turning On And AC Automatically by autologic: 9:44am On Apr 05, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:
My Honda Accord AC is turning itself on automatically without me pressing the Button so I'm forced to use AC Everytime when I drive
The compressor clutch is normally turned ON by ground controlled relay from the PCM which get triggered from the Hvac switch via a bus signal .
To get reasonable answer ,u need to revert by answering this question.
What is the repair history of the AC ?
Any recent electrical repair done on the car recently just before this issue?
On what condition does the compressor turn itself on ?

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Condenser Fan Turning On And AC Automatically by honmusa(m): 9:12am On Apr 06, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:
Your compressor clutch is designed to be turned on by the ground controlled compressor relay by the PCM which gets signal from HVac switch via the bus system.
To get seasonable response to this issue ,you need to revert by answering this question :
1.What is the repair history of the AC?
2. Any recent electrical work done before this issue?
2.On what condition does the AC turn itself on?

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Condenser Fan Turning On And AC Automatically by Johnsonkeyz2019: 8:53pm On Apr 07, 2019
tensazangetsu20:
Seems you have a short circuit somewhere in the wiring.

This is what I'm still trying to get
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Condenser Fan Turning On And AC Automatically by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:07pm On Apr 07, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:

This is what I'm still trying to get
Just use your eyes and trace the AC wires. There should be some abnormality down the way. If you cannot do this get an electrician and direct them to do it in front of you.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Condenser Fan Turning On And AC Automatically by Johnsonkeyz2019: 5:53am On Apr 08, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Just use your eyes and trace the AC wires. There should be some abnormality down the way. If you cannot do this get an electrician and direct them to do it in front of you.

Okay I'll try that today at a rewires workshop
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Condenser Fan Turning On And AC Automatically by autologic: 8:09am On Apr 08, 2019
The AC compressor is designed to be turned on by the AC compressor relay via the PCM.
PCM gets the turn on signal via a bus communication signal from the HVAC switch on your AC panel that your switch on.
For a contantly ON compressor that means short to power or ground has occurred along the signal route.
To troubleshoot this and identify the culprit ,you need to start to unplug or removing all the element mentioned along the route aone by one till the AC compressor goes off .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Tips For Keeping Your Car/Vehicle Safe During Coronavirus Lockdown / Mazda Tribute Vs Nissan Pathfinder / Buying A Car From Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.