Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,248 members, 7,836,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Whatsapp Now Gives You Control Over Who Can Add You To A Whatsapp Group - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Now Gives You Control Over Who Can Add You To A Whatsapp Group (407 Views)

WhatsApp Now Allows Two Accounts On The Same Phone / Signal Is The Fastest Growing App In The World! More Than WhatsApp Now. / Whatsapp Now Offers Protection For Your Profile Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Now Gives You Control Over Who Can Add You To A Whatsapp Group by Reediano(m): 2:54am On Apr 04, 2019
Until now, WhatsApp admins can add anybody to their WhatsApp group without the person's consent, as long as the number is in their contact list. Even though users can leave the group at anytime, it's still very annoying finding yourself in a random group without your consent.
[img]https://1.bp..com/-XLX_9UnqTOw/XKViO0gXiFI/AAAAAAAAa04/8EAy5FvQTHgEeqBNbfIn9GM33wz-9LuQQCLcBGAs/s1600/WhatsApp-Group-permissions.jpg[/img]
WhatsApp is however tacklig this privacy issue with its latest update. A new update is now being rolled out which will give WhatsApp users control over who can add them to any WhatsApp group. The new update comes with 3 options which are "Everyone", "My Contacts" and "Nobody".

If you set the Group's menu option to "Everyone" which is the default, then everyone will be able to add you to a group, it you select "My contacts" then only those in your contact list will be able to add you and if you select "Nobody", then everyone who wants to add you to a WhatsApp group will need your consent.

If you are a group admin and you want to add anyone with a restricted access, you will be required to send an invite link to the person via private message and the user will have 72 hours to accept the invite after which the link wont be active anymore.

To access this new feature, just head over to Settings > Account > Privacy > Groups. The new feature has already started rolling and it's expected to get to all users soon.

https://www.yomitech.com/2019/04/you-can-now-control-who-add-you-to-whatsapp-group.html
Re: Whatsapp Now Gives You Control Over Who Can Add You To A Whatsapp Group by Xavi2019: 3:30am On Apr 04, 2019
Nice move, one thing I'd like WhatsApp to introduce too is a search group feature for specific groups to join, just like Facebook.
Re: Whatsapp Now Gives You Control Over Who Can Add You To A Whatsapp Group by Richnero(m): 4:00am On Apr 04, 2019
Nice move by whatsapp, it's long overdue.
Re: Whatsapp Now Gives You Control Over Who Can Add You To A Whatsapp Group by Reediano(m): 5:02am On Apr 04, 2019
Xavi2019:
Nice move, one thing I'd like WhatsApp to introduce too is a search group feature for specific groups to join, just like Facebook.
Just like on telegram, but I don't see WhatsApp doing that anytime soon.
Re: Whatsapp Now Gives You Control Over Who Can Add You To A Whatsapp Group by Namaskar: 7:30am On Apr 04, 2019
Sometimes I wonder why big tech find it difficult to add new features. This is something they could do, and would have done a long time ago but didn't. Just see the difference between GBwhatsApp and the main WhatsApp.

(1) (Reply)

Help About Vernee Mix 2 / Come In Let Me Show You How To Make 10 To 20k Weekly. / Do You Have Infinix Hot S Panel U Wish To Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.