Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Can We Have Nigerian Writers Brilliant Enough To Create Smart Tv Series Like 24 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Can We Have Nigerian Writers Brilliant Enough To Create Smart Tv Series Like 24 (1730 Views)

Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring / Series Like Strike Back!!! / Trailer For Tunde Kelani’s Dazzling Mirage. A Brilliant Teaser Trailer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Have Nigerian Writers Brilliant Enough To Create Smart Tv Series Like 24 by mrinfo(m): 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2010
Series have come to stay and we all enjoy them. But can we get a team of creative writers who will create a long lasting series of international standards
Re: Can We Have Nigerian Writers Brilliant Enough To Create Smart Tv Series Like 24 by omobadan(m): 2:50pm On Sep 10, 2010
Hmmm!!! It's a very funny situation. I'll say right now there isn't many good writers in Nigeria. Infact, I can categorical say you can count them in one hand. The TV stations themselves are not encouraging good writing. It's difficult to get good writers when there's no avenue to express their creativity. The good writers we have are probably overseas trained and they'll find the Nigerian broadcasting terrain disappointing. Writing a superb series like 24, takes more than just 'Baba gateman wont open the gate'. It's intense and any writer would've to be really good to attempt something like 24. Nollywood has been a culprit. Their so called writers are just people that put something down on papers, that's all. They're not real writers. To get to the level of 24 or the likes, we need good training for potential writers. The film and television industry need to start running themselves the way it should be run. Our TV stations are a joke! Our films (Nollywood), nothing to write home about. If we continue like this, we wont have a smart Nigerian television series on our screens for years to come.
Re: Can We Have Nigerian Writers Brilliant Enough To Create Smart Tv Series Like 24 by mrinfo(m): 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2010
@Omobadan I love your reply. Do u write?
Re: Can We Have Nigerian Writers Brilliant Enough To Create Smart Tv Series Like 24 by omobadan(m): 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2010
LOL! I'm sorry, Mrinfo, I don't write. I'm quite familiar with the industry, that's all. I know what a good script looks like and I don't see it from a Nigerian on Nigerian TV screens. Like I had said earlier, the TV stations in Nigeria need to check themselves first and hopefully they'll help correct the situation. The country needs good writers. We see a lot of films and no filmmakers.
Re: Can We Have Nigerian Writers Brilliant Enough To Create Smart Tv Series Like 24 by puskin: 1:36pm On Sep 14, 2010
mrinfo:

Series have come to stay and we all enjoy them. But can we get a team of creative writers who will create a long lasting series of international standards

***in your dreams***
Re: Can We Have Nigerian Writers Brilliant Enough To Create Smart Tv Series Like 24 by thiscounts(m): 4:58pm On Sep 16, 2010
When the industry is ready for that I'm available.Chomsky has a theory called 'Language Acquisition Device' for Language but for Literature I have one in me and it's already activated by the series of events in Nigeria.I could start from finite to infinite.I'm not bragging.Do you need one and ready for production?
Re: Can We Have Nigerian Writers Brilliant Enough To Create Smart Tv Series Like 24 by eleshin(m): 6:42pm On Sep 16, 2010
wat abt ogboju ode ninu igbo irunmole by j.o fagunwa.den dere was irinkerindo or sumtin.dis books if put in series it wil run in2 many seasons.
Re: Can We Have Nigerian Writers Brilliant Enough To Create Smart Tv Series Like 24 by dehning(m): 11:10pm On Sep 16, 2010
There is no way you can expect our writers to come out with that kind of script. They dont have the level of training and education required and the kind of funds available. Talents alone cannot get you that kind of script.
Re: Can We Have Nigerian Writers Brilliant Enough To Create Smart Tv Series Like 24 by mrinfo(m): 1:04am On Sep 22, 2010
i agree sir. the environment has to be right
Re: Can We Have Nigerian Writers Brilliant Enough To Create Smart Tv Series Like 24 by Calsito: 9:34am On Sep 22, 2010
We have good writers that can write something like that. I will advise you guys to read ROME SUMMIT written by Ervine S Okuboh. This book was first published since 1982. If this story should be produce by nollywood producers then we will know that we have shifted base from mediocity to excellence. Can we even promote technology as it was promoted in 24 when we are still lagging in that area, cos if we preach something we don't have our people will not be fascinated.
Re: Can We Have Nigerian Writers Brilliant Enough To Create Smart Tv Series Like 24 by angelz(f): 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2010
when it comes 2 d brain to put down sth that is at par with 24, we have good hands in Nigeria who are up to it.but rendering this writings into a movie is the problem.apart from the amount involved in that kind of production, d environment is not encouraging. A place were u have 2 bribe smby b4 he/she can do his/her job is bad.every1 wants what is in it 4 dem, not how dey can help u to realize ur dream.l can tell u that there are some characters in 24 that may have volunteer themselves, their house, properties 4 use in d film,companies may have contributed 2 it,without insisting dat they be advertised etc. so Nigeria is very hostile to that kind of thing. but we have inteligent, creative pple here.d likes of Wole Soyinka,Niyi osundare, Chinua Achebe, Elechi Amadi, Sefi Atta, Tolu Ajayi, Tanure Ojaide, Chimamamda Ngozi Adichie, Abimbola Adelakun, Chris Abani, the list is endless, both within and outside the country. I did English/Literature in Lasu 4 5years so u can be sure l know a lot of writer esp. Nigerians. its quite some time now, so l can't remember their names. We've got great pple/writers in Nija
Re: Can We Have Nigerian Writers Brilliant Enough To Create Smart Tv Series Like 24 by omobadan(m): 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2010
Nigeria have good authors but not good screenwriters. Because of this, it maybe slightly difficult to adapt a book for film. Having said that, there are a small pocket of screenwriters in Nigeria and outside of Nigeria. We just need to harness their talents that's all. One day we'll get the balance right!

(1) (Reply)

Bba's Millicent Mugadi Wins Election In Kenya / VIDEO: MTV Shuga Naija Season 6 – Episode 1 / Who Are The Worst Actors In Nollywood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.