Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,653 members, 7,823,849 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate (18856 Views)

PDP: Plans To Bring Saraki As Chairman Suffer Setback / Atiku Reacts To Election Postponement, Says PDP Plans Emergency Meeting / Etisalat And Keystone Bank Shares: BCO Raises Public Alert Over PDP Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by Reference(m): 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
tesppidd:
grin

Opposition is just too painful for PDP to bear.

During their time for 16 years they grabbed it all.

Today they snoop around for moles, cockroaches, rats and snakes in the APC like Saraki to create anomalies in the polity.

Useless party for looters, of looters and by looters.

There is opposition everywhere in the world of democratically governed countries. Obama faced a hostile Republican led Senate and still got his pet Health Care Reform through, Trump is presently facing a hostile Democratic led House of Reps against his Berlin Wall. Theresa May has an internal rebellion within her own party.They still soldier on. So what is your problem.

All these countries realise the need to hold power in a flux and ensure democracy is protected by clearly delineating the power blocs of the Executive, Legislature and Judiciary. Your principal is always looking for ways to undermine other institutions that are created to hold him to account, why? Why does he want totalitarian rule? What does he need more power above that he already has, for? Why should he be selecting who becomes head of the legislature that is essentially multiparty in complexion....

Other countries develop with stern opposition, why can't Nigeria. The way you guys go about this anti opposition thing leads folks to suspect there are hidden agendas out there to do things which will not be accepted to the majority of Nigerians and as such should not be debated in the open, but if it about the development of this country, what is there to be afraid of. Good legislation will however receive multiparty supoort.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2019
adanny01:

It does not happen even in Nigeria. Where did you see it happen?

What is the masturbation about of Lawan being Buhari's choice and that anybody that challenges him would be expelled from the party.

Are You feigning ignorance of that?
Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by Basic123: 4:31pm On Apr 04, 2019
jaytee01:
Nigeria was not created to be controlled by Tinubu and the incompetent terrorist Buhari. All lawmakers fought for their own elections same as Buhari. So he should go and sit down.

Meanwhile, ALL the most notorious looters in Nigeria today are safely ensconced in APC. Rubbish.
But created to be controlled by Saraki, Ndume and Obasanjo.

TINUBU has been surviving this kind of blackmail since 2007,he will survive this one too

1 Like

Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 04, 2019
Awol1:

We achieved an executive that was put in check because they know not every of their shit will be given a legislative imprimatur.

Do you know anything about the idea of the initial formulators of the presidential system of govt?

The principle of separation of powers with each arm serving as a check on the other?

Will you shut up . Talking nonsense as usual. Where is the abuse of separation of power? In a very corrupt nation where Senators are more interested in blocking any proposal that will benefit Nigeria, why would a President trying to deliver progress not move decisively and influentially to gain a Senate President that will help him deliver the badly needed reforms which will benefit ordinary Nigerians immensely yet the Senate has opposed for the past two decades?

Some of you are simply beyond redemption as you are really bigoted enemies of progress masquerading as concerned Nigerians. Yes APC should dull so we get Saraki/Dogara part 2 where House leaders sympathetic to the PDP frustrate every good thing PMB and the APC want to do for Nigerians. Silly IPOBIAN.

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2019
Awol1:

Where in the world does the executive nominate the head of the legislature?

Cite instances or bounce.

Mumu. They don't do it directly. They try to achieve it by lobbying in the background, 'cashing in' loyalty votes and convincing fence-sutters to back their candidate. No different to Atiku bribing PDP members to gain the Party's Presidential ticket or Tinubu working get APC delegates to vote candidate of choice.

You need to shut up and stop disgracing yourself with your silly attempt to make legit political hustle, done worldwide, appear illegal because it is Nigeria under discussion.

For example, can Buhari not ask Senators who rode to victory on his name to support his choice for SP? What is wrong with you guys and your boundary issues? APC have the majority in the upper and lower house. Leave them to take advantage of it as PDP was allowed to do for 16 years.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 04, 2019
Oshigun:

Will you shut up . Talking nonsense as usual. Where is the abuse of separation of power? In a very corrupt nation where Senators are more interested in blocking any proposal that will benefit Nigeria, why would a President trying to deliver progress not move decisively and influentially to gain a Senate President that will help him deliver the badly needed reforms which will benefit ordinary Nigerians immensely yet the Senate has opposed for the past two decades?

Some of you are simply beyond redemption as you are really bigoted enemies of progress masquerading as concerned Nigerians. Yes APC should dull so we get Saraki/Dogara part 2 where House leaders sympathetic to the PDP frustrate every good thing PMB and the APC want to do for Nigerians. Silly IPOBIAN.

The progress Buhari would have delivered is Buying fighter jets from the US without legislation?

Retaining a certain Magu who was not confirmed by the legislature due to DSS report.

And in all these you expect the legislature to applaud him?

Can you name one healthy and beneficial bill that the executive sent to the national Assembly that they failed to approve?

Why do you guys always cling to speculations and propaganda?

3 Likes

Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2019
Oshigun:

Mumu. They don't do it directly. They try to achieve it by lobbying in the background, 'cashing in' loyalty votes and convincing fence-sutters to back their candidate. No different to Atiku bribing PDP members to gain the Party's Presidential ticket or Tinubu working get APC delegates to vote candidate of choice.

You need to shut up and stop disgracing yourself with your silly attempt to make legit political hustle, done worldwide, appear illegal because it is Nigeria under discussion.

For example, can Buhari not ask Senators who rode to victory on his name to support his choice for SP? What is wrong with you guys and your boundary issues? APC have the majority in the upper and lower house. Leave them to take advantage of it as PDP was allowed to do for 16 years.

"They don't do it directly" ( underlined).

Here, Buhari and APC are doing it directly and you are defending it because it's Nigeria and Buhari?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
jaytee01:
Nigeria was not created to be controlled by Tinubu and the incompetent terrorist Buhari. All lawmakers fought for their own elections same as Buhari. So he should go and sit down.

Meanwhile, ALL the most notorious looters in Nigeria today are safely ensconced in APC. Rubbish.

May God not let you court a woman expensively for 10 years only for a man she has known for 2 days , and has not even bought her a burger, to come and be slamming the shite out of her daily.

When Tinubu et al are working hard to secure the emergence of these Senators and Reps, via giving them Party tickets that is a virtual sure banker, you think that is all done for free and that these legislators then have no loyalty to honour?

From the way some of you talk it is obvious you are losers because you seem to hate winners who are reaping the reward of what they have sown while you were lazily playing armchair critic. Politics is scratch my back and I scratch yours throughout the world. Mumu can think otherwise and remain ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by jaytee01(m): 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2019
Basic123:

But created to be controlled by Saraki, Ndume and Obasanjo.

TINUBU has been surviving this kind of blackmail since 2007,he will survive this one too
Nigeria was not created to be controlled by Saraki, Ndume or OBJ.

Leave the lawmakers to freely make their choice on who leads them. I could care less about the hypocritical thief holed up at Bourdillon. No be me go cast him matter........ He will soon start wailing when the cabal start humiliating him. Let him outlive his usefulness first.
Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2019
Awol1:

"They don't do it directly" ( underlined).

Here, Buhari and APC are doing it directly and you are defending it because it's Nigeria and Buhari?

Au contrair mon ami. Are you following the UK saga to note Theresa May doing deals with all sorts of Devils (Labour's Jeremy Corbyn for example) to get what she wants? What Buhari wants is a supportive Senate President. He has the right to use power of persuasion and lobbying to try and gain this.

As long as no attempt is made to rig the NASS Senate President and HOR speaker vote then legitimate lobbying to sway Senators and Reps to the side of the Presidency is allowed and bonafide.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by Basic123: 5:25pm On Apr 04, 2019
jaytee01:
Nigeria was not created to be controlled by Saraki, Ndume or OBJ.

Leave the lawmakers to freely make their choice on who leads them. I could care less about the hypocritical thief holed up at Bourdillon. No be me go cast him matter........ He will soon start wailing when the cabal start humiliating him. Let him outlive his usefulness first.
And who is disturbing them from choosing who led them?

so Tinubu should abandon his party candidate and start campaigning for PDP/Saraki candidate?

when will they finished demystifying him?grin

Humiliate !, demystify since 2007 set his name still feature in 2019 NA power tussle!

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by nwanyionitsha: 5:31pm On Apr 04, 2019
Awol1:

The most dangerous thing that will happen to Nigeria and Nigerians is for us to have a Senate president who will be a rubber stamp of the executive being remote controlled from Aso Rock and Bourdillorn at worst.

I repeat it that Danjuma Goje is our Next Senate president
Is that one(Goje)firm?
I don't trust him.
Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 04, 2019
Basic123:

And who is disturbing them from choosing who led them?

so Tinubu should abandon his party candidate and start campaigning for PDP/Saraki candidate?

when will they finished demystifying him?grin

Humiliate !, demystify since 2007 set his name still feature in 2019 NA power tussle!

Man tire for these people sef. Shout Tinubu up and down yet give the man no credit for his hard work. Yes APC worked hard to gain majority in the upper and lower house to then cede control of them to the PDP or to untrusted APC members who will turn PDP tomorrow and frustrate Buhari and the APC for the next four years. Makes a lot of sense sha. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 04, 2019
Oshigun:

Au contrair mon ami. Are you following the UK saga to note Theresa May doing deals with all sorts of Devils (Labour's Jeremy Corbyn for example) to get what she wants? What Buhari wants is a supportive Senate President. He has the right to use power of persuasion and lobbying to try and gain this.

As long as no attempt is made to rig the NASS Senate President and HOR speaker vote then legitimate lobbying to sway Senators and Reps to the side of the Presidency is allowed and bonafide.

I'm not against APC's legitimate lobbying and all, I'm just against a Senate President "loyal" to the president.

While I'm not advocating an acrimonious relationship between the legislature and the executive, because the two arms are supposed to work in harmony for good of the citizenry, it is not healthy to have the president's boy as head of the legislature.

It will make the executive too comfortable and without check.

Imagine Lawan saying he doesn't mind amending the constitution to allow Buhari for life, what else would he not do?
Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by Basic123: 5:43pm On Apr 04, 2019
Oshigun:

Man tire for these people sef. Shout Tinubu up and down yet give the man no credit for his hard work. Yes APC worked hard to gain majority in the upper and lower house to then cede control of them to the PDP or to untrusted APC members who will turn PDP tomorrow and frustrate Buhari and the APC for the next four years. Makes a lot of sense sha. Nonsense.
I tire too.

Any small thing,they start Shouting Tinubu.The day some APC members know that the person PDP hate most in APC is Tinubu because APC is his brain child and the fact that NOBODY like APC than Tinubu! the day the party will become more clog in the wheel of PDP!

Tinubu+Buhari=APC!

PDP knows this,that is why they've always want to distroy anything Tinubu and Buhari.

Even El-Rufai was a former PDP member!

1 Like

Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by Gandollaar(f): 5:50pm On Apr 04, 2019
helinues:
Pdp useless party. They have no plans to present a credible candidate yet they are planning to scuttle someone's plan.
Shut up Baawa undecided
Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 04, 2019
Awol1:

I'm not against APC's legitimate lobbying and all, I'm just against a Senate President "loyal" to the president.

While I'm not advocating an acrimonious relationship between the legislature and the executive, because the two arms are supposed to work in harmony for good of the citizenry, it is not healthy to have the president's boy as head of the legislature.

It will make the executive too comfortable and without check.

Imagine Lawan saying he doesn't mind amending the constitution to allow Buhari for life, what else would he not do?

Even Buhari does not want a 'house boy' Senate President and your concerns are legit in this regard. Yet every well-meaning Nigerian must resist what the PDP and it's fans want to achieve by proxy which is to force the emergence of a disruptive Senate President who will frustrate Buhari and prevent him performing optimally. We don't want Saraki-Dogara part 2.

All Presidents who mean business, because of the nature of Nigeria, must lobby to get a progressive Senate President into office to drive very difficult but absolutely crucial bill that will become law and radically reform Nigeria.

This is one of our biggest failings since 1990 when PDP took over. I.e no reform-minded and brave Senate President to get behind a bulldozing President/Government.

If we naively continue talking of letting the Senate decide themselves alone then they will always go for a safe pair of hand, like David Mark, who will keep it business as usual and will never do anything to benefit ordinary Nigerians if such treathen the lavish lifestyle and interests of our lawmakers.

We will still be here in 100 years lamenting the same woes because few Nigerian political leaders want change that benefit the people unless forced to deliver it by the likes of Buhari backed by reformational, radical and progressive pro-people laws.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 04, 2019
Oshigun:

Even Buhari does not want a 'house boy' Senate President and your concerns are legit in this regard. Yet every well-meaning Nigerian must resist what the PDP and it's fans want to achieve by proxy which is to force the emergence of a disruptive Senate President who will frustrate Buhari and prevent him performing optimally. We don't want Saraki-Dogara part 2.

All Presidents who mean business, because of the nature of Nigeria, must lobby to get a progressive Senate President into office to drive very difficult but absolutely crucial bill that will become law and radically reform Nigeria.

This is one of our biggest failings since 1990 when PDP took over. I.e no reform-minded and brave Senate President to get behind a bulldozing President/Government.

If we naively continue talking of letting the Senate decide themselves alone then they will always go for a safe pair of hand, like David Mark, who will keep it business as usual and will never do anything to benefit ordinary Nigerians if such treathen the lavish lifestyle and interests of our lawmakers.

We will still be here in 100 years lamenting the same woes because few Nigerian political leaders want change that benefit the people unless forced to deliver it by the likes of Buhari backed by reformational, radical and progressive pro-people laws.

One thing I am not good at on Nairaland is to note people, except for some APC noisy zombies, but I've noted you, Oshigun.

I note you because I've seen you are logically and rationally sensible except that we are disagreeing on process and approach as regards the NASS leadership.

Now, while it's true that having a supportive Senate President would aid in the speedy passage of people oriented bills in NASS, do you not also see the danger of bills that might be politically self-serving for the ruling party also scaling through?

No matter how you want to see it, opposition is needed for our democracy to thrive and for elected officials to perform and be accountable.

I see a situation where APC wouldn't mind sponsoring and passing a bill geared towards stifling opposition and perpetuating themselves in power.

As much as you are sympathetic to APC, you won't deny the fact that these guys are draconian and do not care about perception; a danger that should not be allowed to last. Look at the case of Onnoghen for instance.

See, my fear is that if the APC gains control of the parliament, with the judiciary already cowed into their pocket, we will be in for a long thing. And no true patriot would want that for Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidential Election Results Were Doctored In My Presence In Kaduna —PDP Agent / Wike: I Can Walk Around Rivers State Without Security Because I Have Performed / ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.