Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu (18827 Views)

Insecurity In South-East Will End 2 Minutes After My Release - Nnamdi Kanu (Vide / Sit-at-home Enforcers Working Against My Release, I’ll Never Forgive Them – Kanu / Stop Killings If You Want Kanu’s Release, IPOB Warns Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by GuruboiNaija: 7:43am On Dec 22, 2023
The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, said on Thursday that the Supreme Court judgement has opened a new legal window for his release.

Kanu disclosed this during his routine meeting with his legal team, led by his special counsel, Aloy Ejimakor, and Barrister Nnaemeka, at the Abuja facility of the Department of State Services, DSS.

The IPOB leader, however, expressed disappointment with the judgement.

Posting on social media, Ejimakor wrote: “UPDATE: I met with #MNK today in tow with Barr Nnaemeka.

“Onyendu expressed his profound disappointment with the Supreme Court judgment but he believes that aspects of the judgement have opened a new legal window to pursue his release. He asked all and sundry to remain confident.”

.ng reports that the Supreme Court turned down an appeal to release the embattled IPOB leader from detention.

In its judgement delivered by Justice Emmanuel Agim but written by Justice Garba Lawal, the Supreme Court upturned the Appeal Court ruling that discharged and acquitted Kanu of all terrorism charges in October 2022.

The Supreme Court held that although the Nigerian government recklessly and unlawfully rendered Kanu from Kenya, such an unlawful act has not divested any court from proceeding with trial.

Justice Lawal held that no Nigerian law was cited in the suit seeking Kanu’s release from unlawful abduction from Kenya.

https://.ng/2023/12/22/supreme-court-opened-new-window-for-my-release-ipob-leader-nnamdi-kanu/

7 Likes

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by SharingIsLife(m): 7:48am On Dec 22, 2023
cool If the Nigerian government knew how much we are losing to this Kanụ case, they would have just released him, granting him the referendum he seeks. What's difficult in doing this?
Ndimkpurummiri:
what is the justice for the Policemen he sent his boys to kill?
Today, I have the time to respond to this reckless statement you've been making. So, you don't know that there is something called provocation in criminal law both globally and in Nigeria? Don't you know that if there is any ground to establish that someone was rightfully provoked to do something, then, the culpability is lessened to that degree?

OK, let's assume you're so ignorant you do not know this, are you also so morally and rationally bankrupt that you don't know this: When IPOB was only carrying placard, the Nigerian Government provoked them again and again by killing them until they became violent?

You are so shameless it doesn't worry you that an organization your country proscribed (IPOB) is not proscribed anywhere else throughout the world, but an organization proscribed throughout the world (Fulani militia) is protected by your government. Full shame.

107 Likes 19 Shares

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by LeoDeKing: 8:02am On Dec 22, 2023
SC opened a window?

So this criminal wants to escape through the window?

Attention all security agencies, all windows should be closed immediately.

73 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by NoSmoking: 8:06am On Dec 22, 2023
Shey prison dey get window ni?

🤕

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by mii4u(f): 9:41am On Dec 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:
SC opened a window?

So this criminal wants to run through the window?

U no get joy at all

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by Goodnewsforlife: 9:46am On Dec 22, 2023
SharingIsLife:
cool If the Nigerian government knew how much we are losing to this Kanụ case, they would have just released him, granting him the referendum he seeks. What's difficult in doing this?
u have elected leaders but want us to hear from Kanu

Y not go through your elected leaders n if worst come to worst y not make nnamdiot Kanu an elected leader?

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by VEHINTOLAR: 9:50am On Dec 22, 2023
This criminal doesn't know what time it is yet !

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by gidgiddy: 11:03am On Dec 22, 2023
SharingIsLife:

Thats what I dont know. The man just wants his people to be given the choice to decide if they want to be Nigerians or not

But the unity beggars, the children of Lord Lugard and the useless one Nigerianists, all want the mans head for that

Meanwhile, Nigeria gets worse by the day

19 Likes

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by Tranquillity360: 11:42am On Dec 22, 2023
The amount of money and energy Nigeria government have spent in fighting Ipob will conduct referendum 20 time.

Are they afraid they can't easily rig the referendum to their favour.

They should at least try rigging it like they do in Nigeria election.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 11:45am On Dec 22, 2023
SharingIsLife:
what is the justice for the Policemen he sent his boys to kill?

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 11:48am On Dec 22, 2023
Tranquillity360:
The amount of money and energy Nigeria government have spent in fighting Ipob will conduct referendum 20 time.

Are they afraid they can't easily rig the referendum to their favour.

They should at least try rigging it like they do in Nigeria election.
IPOBidient who wanted to force Pandora Hoebee on us

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by Maize247(f): 11:56am On Dec 22, 2023
Kanu wife is pregnant

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by Abufo: 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:
SC opened a window?

So this criminal wants to run through the window?

Criminal? cos he had the nerve to call out your 2 faced,lily livered and treacherous behind...........after turfing out the fulani herdsmen from our midst...na una kalo kalo pulpits wey go follow!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 12:02pm On Dec 22, 2023
Maize247:
Kanu wife is pregnant
no loud am
She is pregnant for me

8 Likes

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by Tranquillity360: 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2023
Ndimkpurummiri:
IPOBidient who wanted to force Pandora Hoebee on us
I don't like engaging idiots.

5 Likes

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by Tranquillity360: 1:02pm On Dec 22, 2023
Ndimkpurummiri:
My Father is an idiot
really,so your father is?
Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:59pm On Dec 22, 2023
Holy holy holy holy! Nnamdi kanu is another saviour.💪🏾💪🏾

1 Like

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by SoNature(m): 2:57pm On Dec 22, 2023
Justice Lawal held that no Nigerian law was cited in the suit seeking Kanu’s release from unlawful abduction from Kenya.

These justices can be funny, sometimes. What other Nigérian law do you want the lower court to cite when Nigeria is a signatory to international law that says fugitives must be extradited to their country through due process?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by Dittodat: 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2023
Terrorist asking to be released.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by Dubetex96(m): 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2023
we will continue to stand by u MNK regardless of what the enemies are planning.

it will got to a time that Nigeria will get tired of holding you captive.

keep the heart strong.... keep the soul refreshed

we are in solidarity with u

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by oneMalik: 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2023
dey play !

Only political solution can get you out of jail if not on death row .

window kor window ni .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by Balkan(m): 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2023
Great man. Fearless man. The tormentor of evil men.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by christejames(m): 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2023
I believe you!
Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by Sofistcatdmoron: 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2023
Abi
Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by Wealthoptulent(m): 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2023
Re: ‘Supreme Court Opened New Window For My Release’ – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu by BolajiDErapper: 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2023
This is good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obaseki, Ikpeazu, Uduaghan & Ayiri Emami At Pinnick's Thanksgiving In Warri / Dangote Repairs The Bad Portion Of Federal Road In Kabba, Kogi State. / Metuh Requests To Call Jonathan As Witness, Dasuki Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.