Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha (17702 Views)

2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor / Division In APC Over Submission Of Ministerial List To Senate - The Guardian / Kenneth Okonkwo Disqualified By APC Over Failure To Buy N22M Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by hisexcellency34: 7:04am On Apr 04, 2019
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

A major division has emerged in the National Executive Council (NEC) of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) over the possible expulsion of Ibikunle Amosun and Rochas Okorocha, governors of Ogun and Imo states, respectively, from the party, Daily Independent has learnt.

The party’s National Working Committee (NWC), led by Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, the party’s National Chairman, had last month suspended the duo and recommended their expulsion from the APC to the NEC, which is the highest decision-making organ of the party.

In taking the decision, the party accused the governors of anti-party activities, accusing them of working against the interest of the party by supporting candidates of other political parties during the just concluded governorship elections.

The duo fell out with the leadership of the APC after failing to secure the gubernatorial tickets of the ruling party for their preferred candidates.

While Okorocha threw his weight behind Uche Nwosu, his son-in-law, Amosun rallied round Adekunle Akinlade, a serving member of the House of Representatives.

Shortly after the primaries of the APC, Nwosu and Akinlade defected to other parties where they emerged gubernatorial candidates.

In Ogun, Akinlade clinched the ticket of Allied Peoples Movement (APM) while Nwosu emerged as the flagbearer of the Action Alliance (AA).

Okorocha and Amosun campaigned for their candidates at APC rallies. This led to a breakdown of law and order when President Muhammadu Buhari visited Abeokuta, capital of Ogun State, during the campaigns.

Supporters of APM who trooped to the MKO Abiola Stadium, where the rally held, pelted Buhari with stones when he presented Dapo Abiodun as APC’s governorship candidate. Security operatives shielded the president and the programme ended abruptly.

Following the conduct of the governorship election, APC’s candidate, Dapo Abiodun, won the governorship election in Ogun while Emeka Ihedioha, the governorship candidate of the PDP, won in Imo.

Speaking with Daily Independent, a top source in the party said the issue of whether both governors should be expelled or not will generate a stormy session when the NEC meets to deliberate on the issue.

According to him, the NEC, which consists of party leaders, former and serving governors, and other stakeholders of the party are divided on the issue.

He added that some serving governors who are sympathetic to the plight of their colleagues have vowed not to support any move to further embarrass their colleagues by expelling them from the party.

“While some felt the governors should be suspended for not being remorseful after the embarrassment caused the party and President Buhari, others felt the suspension slammed on them and the defeat they suffered during the elections, after their anointed candidates lost, is enough.

“The issue will be tabled at the next NEC meeting of the party and we expect it to be a stormy session because majority of the stakeholders are divided on whether further actions should be taken against those who are already serving suspension,” he said.

Speaking with Daily Independent, Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), said he was not in support of further disciplinary actions against the governors provided they had shown remorse for their actions.

He, however, said Governor Amosun should be expelled if his candidate, Akinlade, drags the winner of the election in Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun, to the tribunal.

Said Sagay: “I don’t think they should be expelled from the party. I think the suspension is enough, provided they express regrets for all they have done and promise not to behave like that again.

“However, in the case of Ogun State, Governor Amosun must ensure that the man whom he sponsored, Adekunle Akinlade, must not challenge the outcome of the election won by Dapo Abiodun, the APC candidate.

“If he goes ahead and challenges the result by going to the tribunal, then Amosun should be expelled. That, to me, is going too far.”

https://www.independent.ng/division-in-apc-over-plans-to-expel-amosun-okorocha/

Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by invectives(m): 7:05am On Apr 04, 2019
Like for Okorocha Share for Oshiomole

19 Likes 53 Shares

Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by nairavsdollars(f): 7:20am On Apr 04, 2019
Okorocha founded APC. He can't be expelled

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by Nbote(m): 7:50am On Apr 04, 2019
D outcome of his meeting with PMB already showing results.. Even though Rochas is a cow for wanting to impose his family on Imolites, how is his own anti party activity different from what Amaechi did in Rivers

19 Likes

Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by hisexcellency34: 9:35am On Apr 04, 2019
How come INEC is still withholding his certificate?

Nbote:
D outcome of his meeting with PMB already showing results.. Even though Rochas is a cow for wanting to impose his family on Imolites, how is his own anti party activity different from what Amaechi did in Rivers
Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by Nbote(m): 9:46am On Apr 04, 2019
hisexcellency34:
How come INEC is still withholding his certificate?

Birth certificate or Discharge certificate... D REC came out to say he announced results under duress, d right thing to do would have been to cancel and hold anoda one but we know d APC and their antics... Dey will eventually reach an agreement with Rochas.. From what we are hearing dey probably are delaying until d Senate leadership is decided first

4 Likes

Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by Amuocha: 10:41am On Apr 04, 2019
Great division

1 Like

Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by Blamtom(f): 10:42am On Apr 04, 2019
Let them kill there self if they like, meanwhile weekend is here

Join my signature & thank me later cool
Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by Sirpaul(m): 10:42am On Apr 04, 2019
Amosun right now

1 Like

Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by Baawaa(m): 10:44am On Apr 04, 2019
Amosun cannot be expel,

2 Likes

Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by stephleena(f): 10:45am On Apr 04, 2019
We thank God.

1 Like

Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by wingmanII: 10:45am On Apr 04, 2019
Division will forever remain with APC.
Party of hypocritical bigots

6 Likes

Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by quincyshakur(m): 10:46am On Apr 04, 2019
wic of d division are talkin abt here is it Division of Labor or 82 division cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by ictjobber: 10:46am On Apr 04, 2019
Wahala

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by kalvoken(m): 10:46am On Apr 04, 2019
invectives:
Like for Okorocha Share for Oshiomole

Like and share kee you there

4 Likes

Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by Hector09(m): 10:47am On Apr 04, 2019
2023 we be the end of apc, cus they re all power mongers

2 Likes

Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by seguno2: 10:48am On Apr 04, 2019
Wahala ajatuka loading.....

3 Likes

Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by Hotzone(m): 10:51am On Apr 04, 2019
Expel okorocha all I care because but INEC should do the needful and offer him his certificate

1 Like

Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by Halazy8: 10:54am On Apr 04, 2019
[
Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by Chinashopping84: 10:54am On Apr 04, 2019
Okorocha as destroyed the chance for igbo presidency..whether you expel them or not,they are not in the party for party interest just interest that would feed there ego..Easter is here again we ship your goods from China and usa to nigeria
Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by Uyomeyouyo: 11:00am On Apr 04, 2019
K
Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 04, 2019

1 Like

Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 04, 2019
Wizygreat12:
¸.•*¨*•♫♪
░H░A░P░P░Y░
(¯”•.¸*♥♥♥* ¸.•”¯)
░B░I░R░T░H░D░A░Y░ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♫♪
Happy Special Bithday To to Myself!!! Wish my self Success any many more goodies in life in Jesus Name: Amen. My Pple show me� is my day
Happy birthday. As a child and favoured of God, I pray God be with you as you celebrate yet another year. May He order your steps in the right direction. It shall he well with you. As your moniker implies, you shall be great in life. Ijmn. Amen!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Division In APC Over Plans To Expel Amosun, Okorocha by Myself2(m): 11:08am On Apr 04, 2019
Is Itse sir Gay now the legal asviser or spokesman of APC ??

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Grants Adeleke Trip To U.S. For Medical Reasons / Dickson: I Came Prepared To Serve As Bayelsa Poly Matriculates 264 Students / NDDC Probe: PDP Reps Split Over Alleged Cover-up By Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.