Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,571 members, 7,958,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:07 PM

Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter (21050 Views)

Ibadan Residents Shocked As Car Flies Over Fence / Check Out How They Build Most Of Their Roads In Brazil(photos) / The Most Bizarre, Thrilling, And Unusual Driving Roads On Earth(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by chukxie(m): 11:46pm On Apr 10, 2019
Kai! Nigeria! Nigeria!! Nigeria !!!. A country where everyone does as he wishes. Hmmm!
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by bremo(m): 12:00am On Apr 11, 2019
I won't fault the Telecom companies as they have approval from government before embarking on such projects. Relevant government department has collected huge sum for the approval to fly and for renovation of such roads after execution of the project. So, left for me, the government are to blame for these acts. Moreover, a standard situation should have been an already laid conduit for any Telecom company's use whenever they have expansion work to be done on their network but unfortunately we don't have it available in any part of the country except for few areas in Abuja central business district.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Sike(m): 3:21am On Apr 11, 2019
O su wa O
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by fapcrook(m): 4:02am On Apr 11, 2019
What is even wrong with the guy looking for 100 Million naira within a month, is he insane ni?
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 4:17am On Apr 11, 2019
VBCampaign:
The Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, who's from South West Nigeria has been tagged to the tweets, Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State has been called into too, and the attention of the incoming Governor has been sought too.

There is nowhere in the world this sort of nonsense is done.

"Save our roads in Ibadan." Residents cry.
Telecom companies pay Right-of-Way per metre/km of cable laid, exorbitant even as par the National Broadband Plan. I doubt it's in their agreements to fix the roads.This problem is probably caused by local officials who pocket the funds and refuse to deliver their end of the bargain.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by benefitzte: 4:24am On Apr 11, 2019
This is my field and am resident in Ibadan, I am directly or indirectly connected to one of the networks carrying out this infra implementation at the moment in Ibadan so I have knowledge of what is going on at the moment. Expect more excavations in Ibadan metropolis in d next month as more contractors are about to commence work.
Now the problem of not reinstating d roads to their original condition IS NOT from the telecom companies that excavated the roads. Some years ago under the present administration in this state, the government decided that NO opco should carryout asphalt reinstatement by themselves claiming in professionalism. Since then when any opcos pay for Right of Way(permission to dig on the roads) the also pay the government to repair the roads themselves after they are done. Also note that there is a Supervising engineer from the state ministry that is paid by the contractor to monitor their excavation activities.
Long story short, every where you see a road not reinstated to its original condition after telecom digging, its the responsibility if d state.
On the bright side watch for one particular network that has d best 4G in Ibadan, they would be rolling out 5G once this implementation is completed and Ibadan would become a High Speed internet Hub.
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by seunlayi(m): 6:27am On Apr 11, 2019
benefitzte:
This is my field and am resident in Ibadan, I am directly or indirectly connected to one of the networks carrying out this infra implementation at the moment in Ibadan so I have knowledge of what is going on at the moment. Expect more excavations in Ibadan metropolis in d next month as more contractors are about to commence work.
Now the problem of not reinstating d roads to their original condition IS NOT from the telecom companies that excavated the roads. Some years ago under the present administration in this state, the government decided that NO opco should carryout asphalt reinstatement by themselves claiming in professionalism. Since then when any opcos pay for Right of Way(permission to dig on the roads) the also pay the government to repair the roads themselves after they are done. Also note that there is a Supervising engineer from the state ministry that is paid by the contractor to monitor their excavation activities.
Long story short, every where you see a road not reinstated to its original condition after telecom digging, its the responsibility if d state.
On the bright side watch for one particular network that has d best 4G in Ibadan, they would be rolling out 5G once this implementation is completed and Ibadan would become a High Speed internet Hub.
hop the latter part of your post is not referring to glo? They are the worst around here. I m porting my sim soon
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by egopersonified(f): 6:42am On Apr 11, 2019
But this digging is a regular site in Benin. Even BEDC have being digging since last year, but they always dig between the road/drainage and the fence.
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Bobbyigwe(m): 7:18am On Apr 11, 2019
Something must be done. because I wonder why they will distroy our road and government will not do anything
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Efewestern: 7:27am On Apr 11, 2019
HighKing01:
It's worst here in aba
Same here in Warri, this issue is not limited to Oyo state alone
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Lordave: 7:29am On Apr 11, 2019
HighKing01:
It's worst here in aba
They don't dig on asphalt in ABA.
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by barragan: 7:37am On Apr 11, 2019
seunlayi:
hop the latter part of your post is not referring to glo? They are the worst around here. I m porting my sim soon

Airtel has the best 4G network in Ibadan hands down.
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by JFT24(m): 7:46am On Apr 11, 2019
This people have bribed the authority. So the perfect solution is for the people to mobilise and dug out the telecoms cable and destroy them. I bet you the issue will be resolved asap

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by balonaija(f): 8:06am On Apr 11, 2019
wow
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Iseoluwani: 8:35am On Apr 11, 2019
Molete is in big trouble
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by ultimatekint(m): 11:07am On Apr 11, 2019
MTN max erected in Apoeso Street,Patako Area,Sango,Ibadan,
If you refuse to repair our road,your max will start having problems oooooo.be warn.
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
hisexcellency34:
I thought they said all the roads in Ibadan are muddy and untarred

They said that cos they are stupid and ignorant
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
barragan:

Airtel has the best 4G network in Ibadan hands down.

Airtel has the best 4G network and they ain’t stingy with their promos unlike our dear Glo local network
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by tammie24: 6:48am On Apr 12, 2019
They are having a field day cos citizens allow them go scot free

When people starts to dig up their cables, sell to fix the roads the destroyed. They will learn

(1) (2) (Reply)

River Kaduna In 2021 (Pictures, Video) / Immigration To Issue Passports In 774 Lgas, Says Aregbesola / Bus Plunges Into Osun River, 2 Dead (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.