Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter (20987 Views)

Ibadan Residents Shocked As Car Flies Over Fence / Check Out How They Build Most Of Their Roads In Brazil(photos) / The Most Bizarre, Thrilling, And Unusual Driving Roads On Earth(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by VBCampaign: 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2019
A thread commenced on Twitter by @Dwitters showed how neighborhood roads were destroyed by telecoms company who dig up these roads, put network cables in them but refuse to place the tar back.

Some of these roads are beginning to deteriorate, firming gulleys in the process.

The State Government had spent a lot of resources to rehabilitate those roads before the elections, only for these companies, with active connivance of LGA officials, to destroy them.

The people of Oyo State are saying "enough is enough!!!"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by VBCampaign: 4:25pm On Apr 04, 2019
The Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, who's from South West Nigeria has been tagged to the tweets, Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State has been called into too, and the attention of the incoming Governor has been sought too.

There is nowhere in the world this sort of nonsense is done.

"Save our roads in Ibadan." Residents cry.

6 Likes

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by VBCampaign: 4:27pm On Apr 04, 2019
This is a link road from Anifalaje, Akobo, to Ojoo/Iwo Rd. Express. It was a beautiful and well constructed road until telecommunication companies came to it with their cables.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by VBCampaign: 4:28pm On Apr 04, 2019
This road is at Iwo Rd. Linking the Lagos Ibadan express way.

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 04, 2019
OYSG should look into this asap.
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by press9jatv: 4:45pm On Apr 04, 2019
constituted authority governor should do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Sankabson(m): 5:34pm On Apr 04, 2019
They’ve finished all the road around old Ife road here. The dig but won’t repair it.

Challenged some of their engineers, they told me I should go report that nothing will happen.

Oyo State government needs to do the needful!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by HighKing01(m): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
It's worst here in aba

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Kendumazy(m): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
They do it everywhere even in some parts of Lagos
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by hisexcellency34: 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
I thought they said all the roads in Ibadan are muddy and untarred

6 Likes

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by dfrost: 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
Bribery and corruption is the bane of our country. angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Splazy(m): 9:27pm On Apr 10, 2019
I need to raise 100million within one month.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 10, 2019
At least they could have cover it with interlock bricks should they need to open it again

7 Likes

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by tiwiex(m): 9:28pm On Apr 10, 2019
VBCampaign:
This road is at Iwo Rd. Linking the Lagos Ibadan express way.

I think government also failed to think ahead. No man holes or conduits. Our tarred roads are shoddy projects. Doesn't meet expected global standards.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by sharpwriter(m): 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2019
Splazy:

For what?
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2019
Oyo State Government should do something about this ASAP.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Afonja007: 9:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
ibadan the biggest brown roof city in the world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 10, 2019
this nonsense is only possible in a mad country.
how can a private company destroy public infrastructure and nothing happens to them.
when i Lived in Ibadan this was so prevalent so many roads destroyed by these telecom companies that are always laying cable..

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Taciturn1: 9:46pm On Apr 10, 2019
In my presence this evening, after the rain, a bike man carrying a lady fell with his bike in one of such roads. It's a really messy situation
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by blazer2018: 9:49pm On Apr 10, 2019
post=77437593:
Oyo State Government should do something about this ASAP.

Which one; the outgoing or the incoming? grin

Most Govs don't work again at the tail end of their administration...Thank God the one in Ogun is pushing hard to finish some of his projects before he exits office...The good thing is that most of these projects can't even be abandoned by the incoming govt because they are situated in the heart of the capital city.
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Chimaokigwe: 9:50pm On Apr 10, 2019
Afonja007:

The city that was built when we Igbos still lived in trees like baboons and were learning how to shout Chei, Chimooo, Chineke!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by obembet(f): 9:52pm On Apr 10, 2019
Nobody should Complain, your government has been bribe
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by kasimseun(m): 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2019
I will get a digger and shovel and start digging back removing all the cables they have installed and let see what they will have to say.... cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by WhoDoWeBlame: 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
upon all cable laying,internet still lags.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by wellmax(m): 10:02pm On Apr 10, 2019
I see this sight in Ibadan. Agbowo to UI, Apete road etc.
It's so sad.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by nextstep(m): 10:13pm On Apr 10, 2019
I can't really fault the telecoms operators in this case: government (Federal, State, LGA) is in charge of fixing roads. They gave contract/concession to telecom operators to dig and lay cable, they should also contract with a road fixing company to fix said roads.
The cables are still being laid, and it's taking time, but I'm confident the road will be fixed in due time.

Of course, I wouldn't have waited till the near start of rainy season to dig trenches, but that's another matter.

In another vein, I am struck by how much new fiber is being laid all over Nigeria. Not too long ago, people were laying cable all the way from Benin to Asaba (and I'm guessing all the way from Lagos, then across the Naija all the way PH or Calabar), alongside the expressway so I anticipate higher bandwidth (and cheaper cost) of data in the coming months.
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Abaticalz: 10:20pm On Apr 10, 2019
[

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Kakamorufu(m): 10:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
Afonja007:
are u done?

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by BrokenCock: 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2019
Just that small thing?! Kai...na next level joor
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by Britishcoins(m): 10:47pm On Apr 10, 2019
One thing I love oyo is that the have more street roads, the constructed roads in where houses and not even many....
But dirty people littered every where, ashawo is their most occupation
Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by macello4(m): 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2019
Splazy:
look for pant and bra na, Ur sister or ur mother own will work well. Eleribu omo, no go hustle dey look for100 million.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Residents Protest Telecom Companies Destroying Their Roads On Twitter by uwa244(m): 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2019
You guys should come down to Benin to see massive diggings from these so called telcos. They have practically destroyed most of the roads.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delta Politician, Eghrudje Ejiro, Involved In Motor Accident (Photos) / Uber Loses $708 Million In The First Quarter Of 2017 / Bus Plunges Into Osun River, 2 Dead (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.