Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Osaze Peter Odemwingie Announces Retirement From Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Peter Odemwingie Announces Retirement From Football (511 Views)

Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today / Osaze Odemwingie: Amara, Kanu Nwankwo's Wife Chasing Me In My DM / Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osaze Peter Odemwingie Announces Retirement From Football by chinwe1960: 8:25am On Apr 05, 2019
@ StateReporter News
Former Nigeria, West Brom and Stoke striker Osaze Odemwingie announced his retirement from football at UEFA’s Equal Game conference at Wembley on Wednesday.

The 37-year-old was capped for Nigeria more than 60 times, scoring at the 2014 World Cup, and scored 36 goals in 129 Premier League appearances between 2010 and 2016.
ENTERTAINMENT
TECHNOLOGY
SPORTS
Home News Osaze Peter Odemwingie announces retirement from football
NewsSportsTrending
Osaze Peter Odemwingie announces retirement from football
By statereporters - April 5, 2019
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Former Nigeria, West Brom and Stoke striker Osaze Odemwingie announced his retirement from football at UEFA’s Equal Game conference at Wembley on Wednesday.

The 37-year-old was capped for Nigeria more than 60 times, scoring at the 2014 World Cup, and scored 36 goals in 129 Premier League appearances between 2010 and 2016.

Odemwingie was the subject of a peculiar story on Deadline Day in January 2013.

Believing he was moving to QPR from West Brom, the striker drove to Loftus Road, only to be refused entry to the stadium after both clubs said that no fee had been agreed.

On his retirement, Odemwingie was quoted as saying by Skysports, “It’s an emotional day, so many memories go through your head.

“I DIDN’T KNOW HOW TO DO IT OR WHERE TO DO IT, BUT I THINK THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE TO DO IT.

“WEMBLEY IS A PLACE WITH A LOT OF HISTORY IN FOOTBALL.”

ODEMWINGIE, WHOSE LAST PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCES CAME FOR INDONESIAN SIDE MADURA UNITED IN 2017, SAID HE INTENDS TO EMBARK ON A COACHING CAREER.

“THE NEXT CHAPTER IS SLOWLY BUILDING UP TO A COACHING CAREER AND HOPEFULLY I WILL BE COACHING IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE ONE DAY,” HE SAID.
Read more
Source : StateReporter News
http://www.statereporters.com/2019/04/05/osaze-peter-odemwingie-announces-retirement-football/

Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie Announces Retirement From Football by harkandey(m): 8:43am On Apr 05, 2019
happy retirement bro

I can't forget what this guy did in 2008 nigeria vs Tunisia.
the guy sabi dribble pass Messi that year.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie Announces Retirement From Football by Harrymig1(m): 9:09am On Apr 05, 2019
Last last man gats retire for the younger generation. The same should be replicated in politics.

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Buys World’s ‘most Expensive Car’ Worth £9.5m (photos) / Senate Threatens To Seal "Bet9ja Offices" / Why Pogba Was Spotted In Juventus Stadium On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.