Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce (57828 Views)

Jeff Bezos: World's Richest Man Agrees $35bn Divorce With His Wife / Jeff Bezos And Lauren Sanchez Sex Chat Leaked, Led To His Crashed Marriage / Nigeria’s External Reserves To Hit 3yr High Of $35bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Ayobami7(m): 10:30pm On Apr 05, 2019
好的
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by LordAdam: 10:35pm On Apr 05, 2019
Ugosample:

this Lord sef

misogyny don enter your blood well well. tongue

The entitlement mentality of females enrages me. The fact that it is pervasive and subtly encouraged by unsuspecting men is just brutal.

Precisely what did Mackenzie do for Jeff that he couldn't pay someone to do? Raising the kids, taking care of the home, working as a research assistant at D E Shaw, balance the books at Amazon in the formative months, provide emotional support, provide business advice?

Now in what world, is all of that worth $65b, since they're making it sound like she did him a favor.

Left to me divorce settlements would be capped at $100m and annual upkeep of $1m; regardless of gender. Unless the spouse was heavily involved in the day to day operations like is the case in mom and pop shops.

You don't tell me you majored in English, have NO high-level skill and you helped built a $700b company because you balanced the books for the first couple of months and somehow you're entitled to $65b. Precisely what did you do, let's put an economic value on it?

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by LordAdam: 10:36pm On Apr 05, 2019
thebosstrevor:

[s]so Vagit Alekperov president of Lukeoil and Leonid Mikelsonm ceo of Novatek bought those companies for $1 from putin, you dont know what you are saying, have you ever read their biography. when was these companies founded and when did putin came to power, you dont know what you are writing about.[/s]

I have no interest in continuing this discussion with you after reading your last paragraph!

-Lord
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Ugosample(m): 10:39pm On Apr 05, 2019
LordAdam:

The entitlement mentality of females enrages me. The fact that it is pervasive and subtly encouraged by unsuspecting men is just brutal.

Precisely what did Mackenzie do for Jeff that he couldn't pay someone to do? Raising the kids, taking care of the home, working as a research assistant at D E Shaw, balance the books at Amazon in the formative months, provide emotional support, provide business advice?

Now in what world, is all of that worth $65b, since they're making it sound like she did him a favor.

Left to me divorce settlements would be capped at $100m and annual upkeep of $1m; regardless of gender. Unless the spouse was heavily involved in the day to day operations like is the case in mom and pop shops.

You don't tell me you majored in English, have NO high-level skill and you helped built a $700b company because you balanced the books for the first couple of months and somehow you're entitled to $65b. Precisely what did you do, let's put an economic value on it?

-Lord

Like I said

You are a hard core misogynist tongue

And you feel pained by the settlement

I think the settlement is okay and not too bad

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 05, 2019
LordAdam:

[s]I have no interest in continuing this discussion with you after reading your last paragraph!

-Lord[/s]

good for you, most of what you wrote down are just pure trash

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Xisnin(m): 10:58pm On Apr 05, 2019
Elder0001:

80% of your posts on related issues are anti men ,don’t know why .
I am not here to stroke your ego with agreeable comments.
You can go elsewhere for validation.

I look forward to the day men will stop marrying broke women who’ll reck them in a case of divorce (not talking of bezos cuz the wife contributed stuff )

You are wrong just like others who feel they represent men when they are only speaking
for themselves.
The shameless Bezos isn't wrecked, he still owns the majority of their wealth and the funny
thing is that the majority of those crying on his behalf are struggling internet single men.

The Washington state law clearly states that whatever asset a couple acquires during
their marriage is jointly owned. There is no foul play here.

A man who really doesn't want to share will simply opt for a prenup as many are doing.

2 Likes

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by LordAdam: 11:12pm On Apr 05, 2019
thebosstrevor:

[s]good for you, most of what you wrote down are just pure trash[/s]

I have no interest in continuing this discussion with you after reading your last paragraph!

-Lord
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 05, 2019
Xisnin:
Mckenzie appears to be a forgiving wife considering the leniency of the deal.
Aswear, $35bn dollars na small money compared to what she could have gotten if she's greedy

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Codes151(m): 11:20pm On Apr 05, 2019
Devil is a liar
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by LordAdam: 11:27pm On Apr 05, 2019
Ugosample:

Like I said

You are a hard core misogynist tongue

And you feel pained by the settlement

I think the settlement is okay and not too bad

I couldn't feel pained about the settlement even if I tried. Dude still has over $100b. Neither I nor him deserve or should give sympathy. It is what it is.

Whatever you feel about the settlement isn't much of my concern either. It is illogical and uneconomically feasible to give a spouse $35b unless s/he co-ran the business in question and gave a contribution that's worth that. That isn't the case here.

The problem is the societal impact of settlements such as these on average men who are shafted. Look at how all the ladies are saying the guy is a cheating a$$hole. But then forget that Washington State like California is a no fault divorce state, meaning adultery doesn't affect compensation in divorce proceedings.

And the law was enacted to protect women who cheat and still want 50:50.

But yea, the settlement is okay and not too bad. Guys who think it's noble to get shafted. Tie your self-worth to how much you can make yourself suffer for her sake.

All of this will change soon tho'. Same way women are already campaigning against current alimony laws because they're shocked they have to pay for years to an unproductive partner when they earn higher. They'd call the law fair as long as they remain the net beneficiaries. Then when they begin to earn more in general than men, they'd throw the current divorce law down the sh*tter.

And you guys would be cheering them on every step of the way because they have vaginas. They're entitled to having things their way and you aren't.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Ugosample(m): 11:34pm On Apr 05, 2019
LordAdam:

I couldn't feel pained about the settlement even if I tried. Dude still has over $100b. Neither I nor him deserve or should give sympathy. It is what it is.

Whatever you feel about the settlement isn't much of my concern either. It is illogical and uneconomically feasible to give a spouse $35b unless s/he co-ran the business in question and gave a contribution that's worth that. That isn't the case here.

The problem is the societal impact of settlements such as these on average men who are shafted. Look at how all the ladies are saying the guy is a cheating a$$hole. But then forget that Washington State like California is a no fault divorce state, meaning adultery doesn't affect compensation in divorce proceedings.

And the law was enacted to protect women who cheat and still want 50:50.

But yea, the settlement is okay and not too bad. Guys who think it's noble to get shafted. Tie your self-worth to how much you can make yourself suffer for her sake.

All of this will change soon tho'. Same way women are already campaigning against current alimony laws because they're shocked they have to pay for years to an unproductive partner when they earn higher. They'd call the law fair as long as they remain the net beneficiaries. Then when they begin to earn more in general than men, they'd throw the current divorce law down the sh*tter.

And you guys would be cheering them on every step of the way because they have vaginas. They're entitled to having things their way and you aren't.

-Lord

misogyny don twist your brain finish cheesy cheesy tongue

it's well

NIGERIA is a good fit for you sha

they tolerate and encourage men to be foolish there cheesy

Different strokes

good night Lord

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Bossjakande: 11:45pm On Apr 05, 2019
Daeylar:

Lol. As much as this is funny and true.

The man cheated. He doesn't really have a large heart. The law just protects women better over there. Which is why their men grow up well and with respect. They know the consequences of acting stupid and misogynistic will be great to bear.

Here misogyny and mistreatment of women is the order
So Nigerian men mistreat women to their hearts content.
how is ur baby
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 05, 2019
Xisnin:

I am not here to stroke your ego with agreeable comments.
You can go elsewhere for validation.

You are wrong just like others who feel they represent men when they are only speaking
for themselves.
The shameless Bezos isn't wrecked, he still owns the majority of their wealth and the funny
thing is that the majority of those crying on his behalf are struggling internet single men.

The Washington state law clearly states that whatever asset a couple acquires during
their marriage is jointly owned. There is no foul play here.

A man who really doesn't want to share will simply opt for a prenup as many are doing.

Shameless indeed . Was prenup popular during the time of his marriage ? No. Prenup become more legal and popular in the 2000s
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by LordAdam: 11:50pm On Apr 05, 2019
Ugosample:

misogyny don twist your brain finish cheesy cheesy tongue

it's well

NIGERIA is a good fit for you sha

they tolerate and encourage men to be foolish there cheesy

Different strokes

good night Lord

The Western world is no longer the arbiter of morality.

Asia is more populated, larger, and becoming richer than the West. And guess what, traditional male and female roles are still upheld.

Nobody is entitled to sh*t because they have a vagina. It's not misogyny. It's gender equality.

PS: Kissing a$$ is not the only way to get pu$$*.

-Lord
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 05, 2019
Daeylar:

Lol. As much as this is funny and true.

The man cheated. He doesn't really have a large heart. The law just protects women better over there. Which is why their men grow up well and with respect. They know the consequences of acting stupid and misogynistic will be great to bear.

Here misogyny and mistreatment of women is the order
So Nigerian men mistreat women to their hearts content.

American women don’t depend on men for everything , they’re not lazy parasites so their men can’t hold them to ransom .
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 05, 2019
LordAdam:

Asia is more populated, larger, and becoming richer than the West. And guess what, traditional male and female roles are still upheld.

Nobody is entitled to sh*t because they have a vagina. It's not misogyny. It's gender equality.

-Lord

I used to think ugosample was a wise man until recently . First on the foreign affairs section

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:10am On Apr 06, 2019
thebosstrevor:

i hope you know they dont have free account, did you pay for it, if you are using it why pay for something you dont understand

clickfunnel is an online sales and marketing funnel builder..it helps your business market, sell, and deliver their products online, i will upload some videos for you to know how to use it.

watch this video to learn how it works.. it is a long video that will need your time and data,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAJRcCIg8QI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTPJdhXMBAA

Thanks... a friend told me about it... and i have not paid... from my question i asked if anyone on this platform knew about it... So please dont jump into conclusion if u want to help someone out. Seeking Knowledge is not Ignorance.
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:13am On Apr 06, 2019
thebosstrevor:

i hope you know they dont have free account, did you pay for it, if you are using it why pay for something you dont understand

clickfunnel is an online sales and marketing funnel builder..it helps your business market, sell, and deliver their products online, i will upload some videos for you to know how to use it.

watch this video to learn how it works.. it is a long video that will need your time and data,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAJRcCIg8QI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTPJdhXMBAA

Thanks all the same.
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Ugosample(m): 12:15am On Apr 06, 2019
Elder0001:

I used to think ugosample was a wise man until recently . First on the foreign affairs section

cheesy

You are entitled to think whatever you want to think sha

it's your right

we cannot have the same viewpoints on everything as human beings

that is the beauty of life in earth tongue

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Ugosample(m): 12:21am On Apr 06, 2019
LordAdam:

-Lord

Your last statement is uncalled for tho

Says a lot about you cheesy grin

Like I said, misogyny has eaten.deep into your bone.
(I've known that from the other thread) nothing to be ashamed of, it's your right

Even tho I give it to you that you are somewhat intelligent

what does the above have to do with anything?

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Ugosample(m): 12:22am On Apr 06, 2019
Elder0001:

American women don’t depend on men for everything , they’re not lazy parasites so their men can’t hold them to ransom .

SOME, not all......

Greedy girls are plenty these days, and it's becoming a global concern undecided
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Hedonisst: 5:25am On Apr 06, 2019
MelaninGold:
Yes she is..who needs a cheating man anyways. Just get the money and move on. I believe she is happier than 90% of the world's married women. Life is good sometimes when you are single/divorced.

Will you shut up! "who needs a cheating husband", yen yen yen. So a hardworking and prosperous man should exclude himself from all the wonderful adventures that his money can afford, just to stick to your parasitic, monotonous, washed out self in the name of faithfulness? In which world does that happen?

Because Jeff is a mumu jew man, girls like you can have mouth to talk. Try that with Donald Trump who is a bloody ass real man and indulges himself as he should, with impunity, marriage or no marriage. Divorce settlement my foot.

You better wake up from that slumber and smell the coffee.
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Hedonisst: 5:27am On Apr 06, 2019
wizemax:
It is quite incredible that men, whose desire for knowledge is unbounded in every other field, are really totally blind to these facts, that they are incapable of seeing women as they really are: with nothing else to offer but a vagina, two breasts,....”

― Esther Vilar, The Manipulated Man

This is one for the archives. This is exactly how I see the species, for the most part, with only a tiny percentile of eminent exceptions.

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Ugosample(m): 5:34am On Apr 06, 2019
Hedonisst:

Will you shut up! "who needs a cheating husband", yen yen yen. So a hardworking and prosperous man should exclude himself from all the wonderful adventures that his money can afford, just to stick to your parasitic, monotonous, washed out self in the name of faithfulness? In which world does that happen?

Because Jeff is a mumu jew man, girls like you can have mouth to talk. Try that with Donald Trump who is a bloody ass real man and indulges himself as he should, with impunity, marriage or no marriage. Divorce settlement my foot.

Donald Trump is a model of who is a real man to you?

This is shocking shocked shocked

Donald Trump btw has paid his own fair share of divorce settlements
but that is btw.
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Sunymoore(m): 5:36am On Apr 06, 2019
Kweensavvy:

Hey come on, lets be realistic here, if you're going to consider a prenuptial agreement before getting married to your fiancee then your fiancee should better be wary of the relationship. WHY WOULD YOU PLAN FOR A DIVORCE EVEN BEFORE THE BEGINNING OF A MARRIAGE? Your trust level is -0.0004
Why do we pay for insurance when we buy a Benz? Are we thinking we're going to crash it?
Any man that marries in the West without a prenuptial is a big and elegant fool.
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Hedonisst: 5:47am On Apr 06, 2019
LordAdam:

Why are you inflating her contribution?

Jeff Bezos was working at a hedge fund where he hired Mackenzie to be his personal assistant. That's where they met. He grew in the company to become a Senior Vice President living a comfortable lifestyle in Manhattan, and he tagged her along to her becoming an Administrative Assistant.

When he decided to leave the hedge fund and drive across the country to found Amazon, she naturally decided to make the adventure with him because she trusted his judgement. What other choice did she have? Divorce him and continue working as an Administrative Assistant which she got with his help on a ~50k salary in Manhattan.

Of course she tagged along. And she helped him when he was bootstrapping like every one of the tens of employees Bezos hired. Most of her tasks tho' was as basic as her previous job experiences could have gotten her. She was balancing books and signing contracts. The moment the operation became massive and she didn't have any high-level skills to provide, her involvement reduced gradually until she didn't have a place.

At that point Bezos was already a millionaire and she certainly had all the help she needed for child rearing and homekeeping.

Now should she get part of Bezos' wealth because she provided emotional support when he was making the transition and the first couple of months when they were bootstrapping from a garage, sure. But is that support worth $35b? Hell-f*cking-no!

If she deserves $35b for driving a car from New York to Seattle and being a makeshift bean counter for a couple of months? What does Joe deserve for busting his a$$ at Amazon for 20 f*cking years? What does Jeff parents deserve for giving him their life savings, over $400k, as starting funds? Jeff himself told his parents there was a 70% chance it'd tank, and they devoted savings from working for decades without even understanding what the Internet was.

If Amazon failed, Mackenzie may have divorced him, like is so often the case, and remarried some guy who'd keep the lights on. While his parents would certainly have lost all they had and lived their retirement days in penury.

All of that said, as much as Mackenzie gets some recognition for not sitting at home all through and claiming she somehow should at least get $65b; $35b is generous for her. She literally got that $35b for f*cking the right person, not because she earned it.

There's no way you'd convince me that a personal assistant turned spouse turned amateur bean counter somehow earned $35b. If that was the case, most of us should be trillionaires. For heaven's sake, she studied English. ENGLISH! There's no English graduate on this planet whose skillset is worth $1b, much more $35b.

-Lord

Given that sapiosexuality is ambisexual, permit me to profess my undying love for you.
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Sunymoore(m): 5:49am On Apr 06, 2019
Hedonisst:

I love Donald Trump's attitude. Dude doesn't give a Bleep about what others thinks about it. He just do his things. I don't like his Right views on politics sha
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Hedonisst: 6:20am On Apr 06, 2019
LordAdam:

-Lord

Tell them! Wussies acting more feminist than women themselves in a bid to win their affections. How pathetic.
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Oothman(m): 7:12am On Apr 06, 2019
Jiang:
Whatever happens I will never agree to a court marriage & if I do, I will make sure to include a clause where my wife will never be eligible for any portion of my wealth Incase of divorce.

How would I surfer to make money & she go just carry to enjoy with her new fuvck toy.

The white man is Just crazy!!!
That's Preen up bro. It's actually getting rampant

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Princeofasia: 7:30am On Apr 06, 2019
gold diggers. why not arrange her assassination and make it look like a very fatal accident
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by holysaint1(m): 8:01am On Apr 06, 2019
Importanter:
Yvonne and Tonto right now angry

True definition of Jesus Wept... cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Aliko Dangote Visits Sugar Refinery And Plantation In Kwara State / Tony Elumelu Eating Roasted Corn Inside Plane, Dele Momodu Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.