Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Let's Use Good English On This Forum - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Let's Use Good English On This Forum (6765 Views)

How Many Times Have You Been Banned On This Forum...? And State The Reasons.. / Why Do People Only Address Me With Good English Language??? / Seun - Please Ban The Dispora Nigerians From Contributing On This Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Use Good English On This Forum by Lotuken(m): 6:37pm On Jan 14, 2006
Let's cultivate an habit of writting a good english in this forum.this is because there are kids who would love to read good english hence boosting their confidence in writting letters and composition,I therefore suggest that the use of some short words or slang should be review so as to create an avenue for good understanding of the text.
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by buckeye(m): 7:05pm On Jan 14, 2006
good point
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by rilla64: 9:34pm On Jan 16, 2006
I detected multiple spelling and grammatical errors in your post. I suggest that you tackle your own lexical handicaps before you ask others to do likewise.
Peace.
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by buckeye(m): 12:01am On Jan 17, 2006
rilla64:

I detected multiple spelling and grammatical errors in your post. I suggest that you tackle your own lexical handicaps before you ask others to do likewise.
Peace.

@rilla64, everyone make mistakes either grammatical or spelling, nobody is perfect.....i guess what he is trying to say is the inappropriate use of slangs.
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by stranger: 7:48pm On Jan 17, 2006
Mr Solicitor,attorney at Law(Buckeye).... Let every man speak for himself.
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by larger20(m): 5:40am On Jan 18, 2006
buckeye:

@rilla64, everyone make mistakes either grammatical or spelling, nobody is perfect.i guess what he is trying to say is the inappropriate use of slangs.

Both You

and
rilla64:

Peace.

Both of you should close your browsers and go to sleep. Your English mistakes includes: lexis and structures, grammer, sentence structure, spelling and puncuation also a little problem with your choose of antonyms..
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by AngelaZ(f): 7:36pm On Jan 18, 2006
larger_20:

Both You

and
Both of you should close your browsers and go to sleep. Your English mistakes includes: lexis and structures, grammer, sentence structure, spelling and puncuation also a little problem with your choose of antonyms..

Exactly !
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by AguNwoke(m): 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2006
What a great way to teach the youngsters the correct usage
of the english language.

I think it's a fabulous idea!

Let's hope that as they peruse our ramblings,
it would be of some benefit to them in their daily lives.
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by IAH(f): 11:58pm On Jan 18, 2006
larger_20:

Both You

and

This thread reminds of a joke about a school where everyone that tries to correct the other makes another mistake. Larger_20, your own English mistakes also include all what you listed above.  I hope I maded a mistake too so that someone can correction me and let the chain of imperfect mistake correctors continue. grin grin grin
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by hotangel2(f): 12:23am On Jan 19, 2006
This is funny. Im sure errone understands slangs.
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by Rolly: 2:40am On Jan 19, 2006
seriously, if we use only educated/ good english on this site, it would be extremely, undeniably dry. i'm not saying thats what makes the site tick but thats part of it.

For those that want to write good essays and stuff can find good english sites esp on goggle.com
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by tunjikrown(m): 2:41am On Jan 19, 2006
Ah ah ah ah grin i hope you people wont kill me in this forum? you people are too funny! i can't laughter oooo !!! oh sorry i can't laughing ooooo tongue
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by larger20(m): 4:10am On Jan 19, 2006
IAH:

This thread reminds of a joke about a school where everyone that tries to correct the other makes another mistake. Larger_20, your own English mistakes also include all what you listed above. I hope I maded a mistake too so that someone can correction me and let the chain of imperfect mistake correctors continue. grin grin grin

IAH..u dey craze o! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy God and correct your secondary school teacher and get ready for a blast..
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by ldollier(f): 4:27am On Jan 19, 2006
lol, everyone is trying to correct each other, ooo did i make a mistake.

everyone has their own style. if someone wants to write in slangs, pidgin, or any other language i think thats okay.
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by 4face(m): 11:42am On Jan 19, 2006
i think if any one made a mistake the rest should try and correct he/she instead ot making gess of the person even our president made a mistake but i don't know why this guy so called wole soyinka don't correct him. i wonder ooooooooooo.
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by IAH(f): 6:45pm On Jan 19, 2006
larger_20:

IAH..u dey craze o! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy God and correct your secondary school teacher and get ready for a blast..

Na u dey craze. OLODO! grin rolleyes grin rolleyes
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by AguNwoke(m): 6:54pm On Jan 19, 2006
English, such a lovely subject.
Here's my motto:

Proper
Preparation
Prevents
Pathetic
Performance

The five powerful p's
It's a bit of a tongue-twister, try saying it quickly!!
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by AguNwoke(m): 6:55pm On Jan 19, 2006
and one more...

Red Leather, Yellow Leather

try saying it quickly.
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by AguNwoke(m): 6:58pm On Jan 19, 2006
oh ok, stop begging!!
Last one:

She sells, sea shells on the sea shore.....
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by rilla64: 9:52am On Jan 20, 2006
Nobody wants to do what this thread says.
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by disney(f): 6:35pm On Jan 20, 2006
Rilla 64, you made a mistake oooo joking lol

Nairaland would be boring if we made use of correct grammer, anyone wey no like the English people de use for this site, make him/she go siddon. If you want go learn grammer , make you go law skool or go skool. rolleyes grin grin grin
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by larger20(m): 6:56pm On Jan 20, 2006
grin grin grin rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes cheesy cheesy

I like pigin english moreoh!111
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by Rolly: 8:46pm On Jan 20, 2006
disney:

Rilla 64, you made a mistake oooo joking cheesy

Nairaland would be boring if we made use of correct grammer, anyone wey no like the English people de use for this site, make him/she go siddon. If you want go learn grammer , make you go law skool or go skool. rolleyes grin grin grin

Yes o!!! i feel u!!!!
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by dejiolowe: 11:11pm On Jan 20, 2006
i hate good english... it is too formal and boring
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by hotangel2(f): 11:16pm On Jan 20, 2006
I write good english in school all day. Come online n do the same. Jesus no!
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by DarkNight1(m): 9:15am On Jan 22, 2006
Ol boy,
If person wan learn english, na intenet him go come learn am.
Abeg my people make i hear soem better pidgin jare...

leave enlish for school....we all need a break and some levity....pidgin provides thats...plus its funnier
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by snazzydawn(f): 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2006
oya,common everybody spoke english with immediately effection. grin
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by yeepa(m): 1:27pm On Jan 22, 2006
I think this site is called 'nairaland' if you guys want us to speak anything correctly it should be pidgin english and not oyinbo grammer smiley
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by otokx(m): 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2006
i think we are ok without good english, lets use our common nigerian slangs even our dear president does it but above all it really depicts our culture as a people.

o boy wetin dey na, haba u no c that trailer wey stroll go kak for that man house, yekpa

someone can translate to those who don't understand.
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by snazzydawn(f): 1:49pm On Jan 22, 2006
Cased closinged!!!Court!!!!
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by yeepa(m): 1:59pm On Jan 22, 2006
I feel you ototk, although am not gay oooooo
Re: Let's Use Good English On This Forum by yeepa(m): 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2006
smiley smiley grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Your Favourite Invention? / Idiotic Messages From My Mailbox / Man Stealing High Tension Power Linesdies Electrocuted On A Utility Pole [pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.