Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

6 Ways To Be A Positive Influence On Your Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Ways To Be A Positive Influence On Your Child (412 Views)

Help! My Pastor's Wife Seems To Have More Influence On My Wife Than I / Positive Influence Clothing: Lets Sew For Family / 6 Ways Of Rebuilding Trust In Your Marriage After It's Been Broken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Be A Positive Influence On Your Child by ValourDigest(m): 2:41pm On Apr 05, 2019
6 Ways to Be a Positive Influence on Your Child

Every parent wonders, sooner or later, if what they taught their kids actually stuck with them in a meaningful way. Susan and I met a young lady recently at a wedding. She is in her 20s and shared with us a discussion that she had with her mom. During that talk, her mom asked her, “What do you think are the most important values we taught you growing up and are they still important to you?”What her mom really wanted to know was whether it stuck. Was her daughter now embracing all of those things their family holds so dear…all those things she spent teaching her daughter. And maybe she wanted some kind of confirmation that she, as a parent, did her job well.

It got me thinking. What are we responsible for as parents? How responsible are we for the “sticking” part? It’s a tough question to answer. Let’s, at least, start exploring this question with an analogy to gardening. When my kids were young, we planted gardens with green beans, corn, carrots, and tomato seeds. They all turned out pretty much with the exception of the corn.

Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/6-ways-to-be-a-positive-influence-on-your-child/

(1) (Reply)

Mother Cries Out After Catching Her 2yrs old Baby Daughter With alcohol / 3 In One Portable Hair Dryer, Straightner And Curler / Man Untangling His Wife's Locs While Entertaining Her With Songs (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.