Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

5 Small Tips To Wash Your Car Correctly! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Small Tips To Wash Your Car Correctly! (1368 Views)

Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car / This Machine Can Wash Dangote Trucks, BRT, Luxurious Buses, Trailers In 6mins / When Is The Right Time To Remove And Wash Your Radiator? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Small Tips To Wash Your Car Correctly! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 05, 2019
1. Never use dish washing soap

Most of driver think that “Soap is Soap – there is no difference at all”. Well, there is a huge difference. If you think about what dish soap is made to remove grease and caked-on food then you will definitely understand why it’s not good for your car. It’s considered as an abrasive soap. If you use an abrasive soap on car paint, it accelerates the oxidation process and gives the car a dull look. Disk soap will also break down a car’s wax coat and can be tough on rubber. So please use Car soap instead of Dish soap.

2. Choose a shade to wash your car

It is so important to wash your car in the shade. Why? Because when you wash your car in the sun, it will dry the water and soap on the surface and can create water spots which are difficult to remove.

3. Wash your car from the top down

Wash your car from the top down
This is the key word for car washing tips: always start at the top of your car and rinse down along the sides. You should start from Roof > Windows and Roof Supports > Top of Hood and Upper Quarter panels > Middle of Doors and Trunk > Front Bumper, Lower Quarter Panels, Lower Doors, and Back Bumper.

4. Clean wheels and tires

One easiest way to improve your car look is to keep the wheels and tires clean. Same as car body, the most important thing is using the right wheel and tire cleaner. It should be Non-Acid-Based tire cleaners. Acid-based cleaners can cause bare alloy wheels to oxidize and pit, and they can damage wheels painted with color or clear coatings.

5. Clean your car interior

Specific ways to clean your car interior
It just takes 10-15 minutes but it is very important to extend the life of your car.

You should also regularly check your car and monthly maintenance at reputable repair or maintenance facilities. Hopefully with the car washing tips on the right way above can help you in caring your car more thoughtful.

Re: 5 Small Tips To Wash Your Car Correctly! by philtea: 9:26pm On Apr 05, 2019
I go soon buy my own so make I learn how to wash am 1st
Re: 5 Small Tips To Wash Your Car Correctly! by Samuelscott: 10:37pm On Apr 05, 2019
cool
Re: 5 Small Tips To Wash Your Car Correctly! by dgitrader(m): 11:56pm On Apr 05, 2019
For the exterior.... U forgot to add the most important..... No matter how dirty a car looks, all u need is some good shade( or sunset), the right towel and lots water. Forget any soap, except u gat engine oil stains.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help: Can Someone Show Me The Sos Button On Auto Section/car Talk / Honda SMART Android / I Needd Help. Pls Its Urgent Before My Engine Bl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.