Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,083 members, 7,957,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:53 AM

How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock (26184 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by Mrlola: 10:42am On Apr 06, 2019
[quote author=rattlesnake post=77309069]PMB has integrity so say foolish and hungry people [/quote

One clown is preaching the gospel according to saint Buhari to me right now.
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by BlackfireX: 10:42am On Apr 06, 2019
Walahi this thread go turn to Yoruba vs Igbo people....

But na Yoruba go first start the name calling.
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by xeros20(m): 10:44am On Apr 06, 2019
2mercy:

He can't be born 1969. And graduated 1977, is like he started schooling from age 9 months.

https://www.thecable.ng/how-some-judges-delivered-onnoghens-resignation-letter-at-aso-rock

Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by kitombo: 10:46am On Apr 06, 2019
Almost ALL Nogerian judges are corrupt. You can take that to the bank!
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by BabaO2: 10:46am On Apr 06, 2019
helinues:
Whether delivered in person or sent someone, the kolo be say he has resigned
humilated
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by ecclize: 10:49am On Apr 06, 2019
Honestly i don't see the shame in this... Coz all the gratuity that comes will the office will stil be given to him ... Only that he will no be sentforth as a hero which is still the same thing if he had resigned earler...
BTW the death way remove cap for person head no be to thank God... His riches is still there and those that will respect him will stil respect him... And he will still be consulted on some issue... Abi no be 9ja we dey again
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by zeebra244(m): 10:50am On Apr 06, 2019
hnmmm.
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by Pentasoft1978: 10:51am On Apr 06, 2019
Peacecore:
I know u p:glets will always look for s/th to hold on when u fail. Protectors of looters.
Who is the saint....Buharia, you are still sleeping.
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by buhariguy(m): 10:51am On Apr 06, 2019
blackpanda:
Very foolish man
After buhari made u cjn u then tried cutting deals with the enemy. Serves him right! Meanwhile the case in CCT continues
idiotic pigs Will not take this narratives,
they Will also say, ineffectual buffoon also appoint jega that jega him.
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by Bulusc: 10:52am On Apr 06, 2019
SarkinYarki:

the only person who embarrassed himself here was Buhari who had to bribe the CJN to resign
you are right
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by Pavarottii(m): 10:56am On Apr 06, 2019
tactius:
Well, the man has resigned.

I can't say that I am happy about it though. On the one hand, it is a good thing. You cannot have funny sources of income as a judge...especially as a Supreme COurt judge.

On the other hand, this thing has too many politcal undertones for it to look good. Yes, he did wrong, but the government's motives for prosecuting him are very iffy to say the least.

Then there is the tribe issue. Onnoghen's removal is seen...rightly or wrongly, as a means of putting the South on the back foot. As much as I hate tribal considerations in appointments...I prefer that the most qualified chap gets the job...and the acting CJN is very qualifed for the job...but the reality is we live in a tribal society. Jobs, etc are often a function of who you know, and sadly, we don't have an active private sector...so it's the public sector...and it is man know man.

In conclusion, I hope it won't be too much to ask if this means that similar cases of corrupt judges would be prosecuted, not just one poltically tainted case. I also hope that we train more honest judges, and strenghten our institutions. Thank you
my brother I understand u... Still to say more about Wat u said... The first time a south south became a president... They frustrated him out , he ran for his life... GEJ. Now first time a CJN from d south, the same thing... This minority thing and tribal thing is real... And we in d south are not even together to fight it out..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by maisauki: 10:57am On Apr 06, 2019
SarkinYarki:

the only person who embarrassed himself here was Buhari who had to bribe the CJN to resign
U were there wen d bribery took place, ko? saakere
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:10am On Apr 06, 2019
Buhdeuce:
My problem with this guy is he should have resigned honourably and saved himself this embarrassment.

They say you can't fight two entities; God and the Govt but what do I know!
You cant fight God but you can fight the government. If the government want to kill you, you decide how you will surrender to your qoute
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by topaz321: 11:11am On Apr 06, 2019
mosho2good:
*Why Do Banks connect ropes to pens...we trust them with our Money and yet they fail to trust us with just a common pen* � �

It's easy, Because banks don't steal the money you give them but people steal the pens almost everytime!

1 Like

Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 06, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
So nyamuri flat.heads with all the chestbeating couldnt save him grin cheesy
It's easy to recognize a terrorist with a trademark of poverty despite many years of clinging to power.
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by smeag0l(m): 11:26am On Apr 06, 2019
All political undertone to this case was caused by Onnoghen himself. What was Onnoghen doing in Dubai with Atiku, Saraki and other PDP stalwarts towards the end of last year when parties were campaigning?He went on vacation coincidentally at a time when PDP stalwarts visited the UAE. When his trial started people regarded it as a joke but Buhari who was around at the time Abacha almost sacked Onnoghen for corruption was confident that this CJN was indeed corrupt that was why they kept pressing the case. I don't see it as a case of the south being put on the back foot cos Buhari had the choice not to ratify his position from the beginning. Besides, Tanko is the next most senior person in the NJC so he automatically got the role.
tactius:
Well, the man has resigned.

I can't say that I am happy about it though. On the one hand, it is a good thing. You cannot have funny sources of income as a judge...especially as a Supreme COurt judge.

On the other hand, this thing has too many politcal undertones for it to look good. Yes, he did wrong, but the government's motives for prosecuting him are very iffy to say the least.

Then there is the tribe issue. Onnoghen's removal is seen...rightly or wrongly, as a means of putting the South on the back foot. As much as I hate tribal considerations in appointments...I prefer that the most qualified chap gets the job...and the acting CJN is very qualifed for the job...but the reality is we live in a tribal society. Jobs, etc are often a function of who you know, and sadly, we don't have an active private sector...so it's the public sector...and it is man know man.

In conclusion, I hope it won't be too much to ask if this means that similar cases of corrupt judges would be prosecuted, not just one poltically tainted case. I also hope that we train more honest judges, and strenghten our institutions. Thank you

1 Like

Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by Osuman(m): 11:27am On Apr 06, 2019
ATIMES WHEN I AM READING SOME NAIRALAND COMMENT, I BEGIN TO WONDER THE CAN OF MIND SET AND LOGI THEY HAVE IN PUTTING UP AN OPINION, FOR INSTEAD THE CASE BTW THE SUSPENDED CHIEF JUDGE AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA, WHICH FOR INDICATION AND THE EVIDENCE IN THE CCT WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT THE OUTCOME WILL LOOK LIKE EXCEPT IF THERE IS A DEVIATION FROM THE EVIDENCE, THE PRECEDENT WE SET TODAY WILL SPEAK FOR TOMORROW US OR BEGIN FOLLOWED BY OTHERS, WE SHOULD TRY TO BUILD A STRONG INSTITUTIONS IN THIS COUNTRY. THAN HAVING OUR INSTITUTION BEING THREATENED BY INDIVIDUALS.
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by Osuman(m): 11:29am On Apr 06, 2019
ATIMES WHEN I AM READING SOME NAIRALAND COMMENT, I BEGIN TO WONDER THE CAN OF MIND SET AND LOGI THEY HAVE IN PUTTING UP AN OPINION, FOR INSTEAD THE CASE BTW THE SUSPENDED CHIEF JUDGE AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA, WHICH FOR INDICATION AND THE EVIDENCE IN THE CCT WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT THE OUTCOME WILL LOOK LIKE EXCEPT IF THERE IS A DEVIATION FROM THE EVIDENCE, THE PRECEDENT WE SET TODAY WILL SPEAK FOR US TOMORROW OR BEGIN FOLLOWED BY OTHERS, WE SHOULD TRY TO BUILD A STRONG INSTITUTIONS IN THIS COUNTRY. THAN HAVING OUR INSTITUTION BEING THREATENED BY INDIVIDUALS.
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by atiku4President(m): 11:29am On Apr 06, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:

Cow herders like you hardly make any sense. Be happy the world has left you and your zoo of a country behind. While you and your power hungry brothers are grabbing power, your life is getting worst each day that passes. Sorry
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by AntiWailer: 11:32am On Apr 06, 2019
After all.
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by Justiceleague1: 11:34am On Apr 06, 2019
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by bencr7: 12:26pm On Apr 06, 2019
Wetin concern me, my own na to just get visa comot 4 diz country...
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by BrokenCock: 12:40pm On Apr 06, 2019
One of the best and most sincere CJN in this wasteland (Nigeria). God has better plans for him even at 70.

If u doubt! Argue with ya wayward maama roaming the streets looking for a child to replace ya useless position.
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by BigIyanga: 5:46pm On Apr 06, 2019
iammo:
smiley

Office of the chief of staff handles all official communication to the presidency, it's the standard protocol everywhere even if he Was around.

Before Piglets form another conspiracy theory around Abba kyari doing his job.

If Nigeria was a serious country, they would follow due process and dismiss him without any retirement benefit, to send strong message to police and judges that we dont condone bribery
Or the govt didnt have a case after all. With all their so called intel and evidence, why offer generous package to retire?
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by Bestbeelieve: 5:54pm On Apr 06, 2019
Vindication or face saving? APC are a bunch of comedians and criminals
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by Generalnomercy: 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:

Your generation is the most cursed since the existence of mankind.

hopeless Street urching.
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by QuotaSystem: 11:49pm On Apr 09, 2019
Pavarottii:
my brother I understand u... Still to say more about Wat u said... The first time a south south became a president... They frustrated him out , he ran for his life... GEJ. Now first time a CJN from d south, the same thing... This minority thing and tribal thing is real... And we in d south are not even together to fight it out..

Just see how you're fraudulently trying to paint Onnoghen as the victim. Lol grin

The Chief Justice of Nigeria was having strategy meetings with the main opposition candidate yet you blame the President for political undertones?

You must be joking.
Re: How ‘some Judges’ Delivered Onnoghen’s Resignation Letter At Aso Rock by Pavarottii(m): 7:34am On Apr 10, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Just see how you're fraudulently trying to paint Onnoghen as the victim. Lol grin

The Chief Justice of Nigeria was having strategy meetings with the main opposition candidate yet you blame the President for political undertones?

You must be joking.
U av proof of the strategy meetings?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

100 Thugs Invade NLC Office In Kaduna / Sowore Releases Details Of Campaign Expenses, Asks Others To Emulate Him / ‘Bury Your Head In Shame’ – Oyegun To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.