Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out (43867 Views)

Refurbished Phone / Is It Advisable To Buy A Refurbished Phone? / Why Should You Buy A Refurbished Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by starpower(m): 5:00pm On Apr 06, 2019
udemzyudex:

Lol... Imagine buying a new iPhone 6 for 75k and he didn't know it is refurbish grin

Na greed kill am.
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by Badonasty(m): 5:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
patogist:
A Fish farmer and undergraduate of University of Benin has taken to social media to cry out after purchasing an Iphone 6 from Jumia store. He claimed he bought the phone for 75 0000 naira but unknown to him it was a Refurbished Iphone 6 that was sent to him.
the Undergraduate of UniBen wrote,

“My name is Joshua Ekanem, the phone i bought from Jumia on Jan 11 2019 after using for two months with some issues, like the phone getting hot”

“I know so many people will laugh about this, but i am so depressed because i have saved for this phone after working hard”.

“Why i came online is because I’ve been tackling this issue with jumia for three weeks and have not been getting a good response . I’m a fish farmer and also a student of University of Benin”.

“If Jumia has price tagged it 100k I could have saved for it. For me to recently find out that no new Iphone 6 in the market” .

http://update9ja.com/man-crys-out-after-buying-refurbished-phone-from-jumia/

no be jumia fault...na the vendor

1 Like

Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by Bbbwings: 5:02pm On Apr 06, 2019
Mum
He wants buy iPhone for 75tousan
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by osazy01: 5:03pm On Apr 06, 2019
If na me help am buy issue for nor dey
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by Jokerman(m): 5:05pm On Apr 06, 2019
Wey you for go ring road go buy UK used for 60k better...
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by BecaciaBarbie(f): 5:05pm On Apr 06, 2019
We have brand new iPhone 6s 32g directly from Apple Store in Miami, U.S but it is around 110k.

75k for iPhone 6, it's just not realistic.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by Pinuc: 5:06pm On Apr 06, 2019
Firstly some of the phones are refurbished which is clearly written in the description, also you need to check if the phone has warranty and how long it lasts. Some of those details are very important while making an online purchase.
Also even at the price of 75k, one can deduce its China refurbished iphone even UK use is costlier than that.
Be mindful while buying a phone that is two years and above old because the market is saturated with fake and refurbished.
Jumia has alot of sellers on their platform and as a result, you may not blame them for the lapses of some of these sellers.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by KingWarri: 5:07pm On Apr 06, 2019
midolian:
Awoof dey run belle

Even the price suppose send signal to you say the phone no be new phone.

Every body wan buy IPhone.....

1 Like

Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by donbenie(m): 5:10pm On Apr 06, 2019
dingbang:
Last thing I will do is buy a phone online
Guess if Tecno and Infinix are your point of call..

For quality Chinese brands like Xiaomi,OnePlus and Huawei you may not have a choice..
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by Horlufemi(m): 5:11pm On Apr 06, 2019
Tos87:
Had similar experience then. And with Jumia, bought BB curve and it started having issues after 6 months. Only to find out it was refurbished. So sad. embarassed angry

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by manijoli(m): 5:12pm On Apr 06, 2019
I think u should report to consumers protection council (CPC)
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by Sluvist(m): 5:14pm On Apr 06, 2019
You used the phone for good 2 months before you find out that it is a refurbished, just imagine how stupid you are. Just continue using it to the end, the business is over for long.
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by donbenie(m): 5:14pm On Apr 06, 2019
crackhouse:
U get 75k to buy phone when some people no see money to shop and u want make we pity u bah?
If you no get money to chop,

How that one come be him fault? angry

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by ameh99: 5:17pm On Apr 06, 2019
Dud stop crying wolve here jor....IPHONE 6 on Jumia are clearly written refurbished...

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by bigtt76(f): 5:17pm On Apr 06, 2019
Na dem way.... Never buy any phone on Jumia that is not Infinix or Tecno and when doing so, buy only phones that were just released into the market not ones already on the market.

As the companies announce release of the new phones so, begin order. If you wait after 2-3 months, this is what you get. #NeverAgain

patogist:
A Fish farmer and undergraduate of University of Benin has taken to social media to cry out after purchasing an Iphone 6 from Jumia store. He claimed he bought the phone for 75 0000 naira but unknown to him it was a Refurbished Iphone 6 that was sent to him.

“My name is Joshua Ekanem, the phone i bought from Jumia on Jan 11 2019 after using for two months with some issues, like the phone getting hot”

“I know so many people will laugh about this, but i am so depressed because i have saved for this phone after working hard”.

“Why i came online is because I’ve been tackling this issue with jumia for three weeks and have not been getting a good response . I’m a fish farmer and also a student of University of Benin”.

“If Jumia has price tagged it 100k I could have saved for it. For me to recently find out that no new Iphone 6 in the market” .

1 Like

Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by bluebay(m): 5:21pm On Apr 06, 2019
How can you buy iPhone iPhone 6 for 75k?
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by LadyHeaven(f): 5:21pm On Apr 06, 2019
nsesam:
Everyone is blaming the young man, but no one care to ask if his own had refurbished written on it or not

It would MOST surely have been written as refurbished, maybe in his haste to order and own an iPhone he got carried away, my coz also bought a refurbished iPhone 7 from them, it was BOLDLY stated, and the price was really good, he just has to pray it doesn't develop any major fault.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by donbenie(m): 5:23pm On Apr 06, 2019
bravesoul247:
do they state new and refurbished? Cos I don't think I've ever seen them stating refurbished before
AWOOF dey run Belle,

Only greediness will make him believe a new IPhone 6 will cost 75K..

It's left for a buyer to do his research very well before spending his hard earned money..

Very likely the condition of the phone was stated but over eagerness clouded his sight..

There are NO new IPhone 6 in the market anymore..

If it seems too good to be true,it's best to take it with a pinch of salt..
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by Legendguru: 5:35pm On Apr 06, 2019
but its always stated their on.their site they sell refurbished iphones and also orginal.the refurbished are cheaper dude.musr have thought he.got a good bargain.buyers dont care to read description these.days.they only.check price
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by arrowofGod15: 5:56pm On Apr 06, 2019
Abeg make una pity the boy na, it fit be say him jump primary school
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by korban3134(m): 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2019
I feel bad that as a young educated man of today will choose to buy a used phone with "hard earned" NGN 75,000
When there are many other brand new and reliable options in the market for same amount....

I always advice my customers to choose "overall value" over "name"

For N75,000 and less you could buy

1. UMIDIGI F1
2. Xiaomi note 7
3. Xiaomi mi 8 Lite
4. Xiaomi mi A2
5. Huawei Honor 8c 4g RAM 4000mah
6. Huawei y6 pro
7. Huawei y6 prime
8. Huawei yMax 4Gb RAM 5000mah
9. Huawei Enjoy 9 4gb 4000mah
10. Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 4gb RAM 5000mah

The list continues....gurus in the house please carry on....

My guy take note ..Google is your friend use it! Do your own research before buying.
Sorry for your loss though...
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by maasoap(m): 6:09pm On Apr 06, 2019
lawaljuliuss:
stop crying... Jumia has a return policy... just return it.... smh

Return policy? Their return policy was like "not more than 7 days after the purchase" and all those craps.
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by Delivar(m): 6:10pm On Apr 06, 2019
lawaljuliuss:
The ones shipped from overseas is a different matter. Not that easy to return.
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by maasoap(m): 6:12pm On Apr 06, 2019
starpower:
Idiots, they can't read but rather blame innocent jumia. Is refurbished not written there online.

And refurbished means what exactly in your dictionary? In my dictionary, it means that the phone is perfect and has no issue after the repair.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
patogist:

U are living in self deception man. You cant possibly buy a new iPhone 6 at that cheap rate. An iPhone 6 cost more than that.
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:14pm On Apr 06, 2019
lawaljuliuss:

Can only be returned within 7 days of purchase.
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by puplin(f): 6:29pm On Apr 06, 2019
I managed to get the product that particular product page on jumia website and it wasn't stated refurbished.

My question is, how did the Josh guy come to the conclusion that the phone is refurbished? Even brand new phones get hot sometimes, so?

Different people asked him to supply the model number with which to confirm claims of it being refurbished on but he hasn't.

I did some digging, this is the phone imei 359226062852817

1 Like

Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by watchindelta(m): 6:29pm On Apr 06, 2019
Iphone 6 kia 2019. U throw that moni away. Even new Android is Better than that iph 6
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by Chitumu: 6:37pm On Apr 06, 2019
lawaljuliuss:
JUMIA is full of scammers. cant u read that he has been contacting them for 3 week? jumia does not always respond until u expose them. his coming online will surely put the owner of jumia on their feet.
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by Advancedman(m): 6:41pm On Apr 06, 2019
lawaljuliuss:
7 days return policy and the scammed me too
Their call agent will infuriate to the point of whatever.
Re: Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out by 2shure: 6:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
Ask for refund na
As long as its nt past the warranty/return bullshiit stage
Dem don return 80k to me within 48hrs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Real Meaning Of 9mobile, Etisalat’s New Name – CEO Makes Revelation / How To Make Your Browsing Fast Like Jet On Glo Network / When You Finally Buy A New Iphone 6 (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.