Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,063 members, 7,956,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:59 AM

‘report Alleging That I Can Influence Election Tribunal Malicious’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘report Alleging That I Can Influence Election Tribunal Malicious’ (365 Views)

Miyetti Allah, Police Debunk Report Alleging Cows Burnt With Truck In Anambra / DSS To Question Gumi For Alleging Military Collusion / 'No Single Person Can Influence The Outcome Of The National Convention' - Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘report Alleging That I Can Influence Election Tribunal Malicious’ by 19Ebisco: 7:52am On Apr 06, 2019
Senator Godswill Akpabio, has refuted reports alleging that he claimed to have the connection to influence the outcome of his petition before the election tribunal in Akwa Ibom State.

The former senate minority leader, in a statement issued by his media aide, Mr Anietie Ekong, and made available to newsmen in Uyo, described the news report as one of several fake news being peddled by his detractors to damage his reputation, adding that he never made such a statement.

Akpabio, who lost his bid to return to the Senate for a second term, is at the tribunal to challenge the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)’s declaration of his opponent, Chris Ekpenyong, as the winner of the just concluded senatorial election for Akwa Ibom North-west.

The statement read in part: “The attention of the Senator representing Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District, Senator Godswill Akpabio, has been drawn to a malicious piece of fake news titled: ‘I will win at Appeal if tribunal judges refuse to perform – Akpabio,’ with an equally malicious rider, ‘says Appeal Court President in his palms.’

“We want to state categorically that Distinguished Senator Akpabio, at any forum or private discussion, never uttered any of these words mischievously ascribed to him. The article is political propaganda manufactured from the pit of hell.”

Akpabio said those who produced and circulated the story wanted to use it “to intimidate and blackmail the members of the Akwa Ibom State election tribunal and sway them from the course of justice”.

The senator said, “Our suspicion is that having accessed the quantum of unassailable evidence at the disposal of the election petition tribunal of how Senator Akpabio was robbed of his victory in the February 23 National Assembly election, these devious characters have resorted to underhand tactics to overawe the Judges from dispensing justice without fear and intimidation.

“We are of the belief that the sickening brazenness and impunity, with which the election of Senator Akpabio as Senatorial candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC) was rigged, cannot be left unchallenged.

“It is not just about Senator Godswill Akpabio, the right of the people of Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District to freely choose their leader cannot be mortgaged on any account.”

The senator said his opponents were jittery because of his confidence of victory at the tribunal.

“What the authors of this fake news seek, is the desecration of the judiciary on the altar of propaganda.

“Treating an arm of government with such disdain must be condemned by well-meaning Nigerians and lovers of democracy.

“Once again, we are confident that justice will be done as no judge worth his onions will bow to childish propaganda,” the senator said.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/06/report-alleging-that-i-can-influence-election-tribunal-malicious/

Re: ‘report Alleging That I Can Influence Election Tribunal Malicious’ by jbblues24(m): 10:52am On May 23, 2019
Nice use of space grey in this experience mate

(1) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Promises To End Banditry / Onnoghen: Why President Buhari Deserves Credit – Clarke / Erdsmen –farmers Crisis In Anam, Anambra West LGA, Has Been Resolved.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.