Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent (19650 Views)

Justice Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen Was Suspended Based On Court Order / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by arrestdarrester: 5:20pm On Apr 06, 2019
"When the government is fighting you, as they did to Onnoghen, you need to be an angel to survive. And angels are scarce on earth."

Some lawyers get word for mouth sha
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by oloworulz(m): 5:52pm On Apr 06, 2019
bencr7:
failure like u
go back to your Village ode
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by maasoap(m): 6:57pm On Apr 06, 2019
247Dior:
The honest man retired because he was helpless seeing that NJC has been compromised

That's why the 80 corrupt SANs are calling on the president to accept the resignation letter.

“While I commend the former CJN for the bold decision, I most sincerely plead with the president to accept the resignation in the interest of all. My humble appeal also goes to the amiable vice president in this regard being highest political office holder with a sound legal mind.
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by mu2sa2: 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2019
pode:
The man did the right thing, if am in his shoe I would done this very long time ago
Is this pidgin or what is it?
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by Deepthoughts: 8:30pm On Apr 06, 2019
Dannyset:

Oh because the NJC after doing its investigation, discovered he wouldn't have gotten all those monies without being corrupt recommended he be retired, they have been compromised. The whole of the panel were compromised with no one among them having differing opinion? The same NJC that was condemning the FG for suspending him before it was presented with damning evidence that the CJN couldn't defend?
I weep for this reasoning.
The NJC was presented with damning evidence that onnoghen could not defend yet the same NJC is seeking a soft landing for him?,by the way,is it the haphazard after thought petition that the EFCC brought before NJC n for which onnoghen presented an articulate incontrovertible defense to that is the damning evidence or you are referring to another evidence not known to the public?, buhari never wanted onnoghen right from the onset,the whole world knows that,you can only decieve the uninformed,go ahead and celebrate but nothing last forever.
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by Deepthoughts: 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2019
GavelSlam:

So you believe the NJC is corrupt but Onnoghen is a puritan?
So you believe buhari is Puritan n only his perceive enemies are corrupt?.
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by Deepthoughts: 8:37pm On Apr 06, 2019
ABUPHARM:

See how dumb you sound, only the gullible would take you serious..

This one parent too will be looking forward to benefitting from him sad
See how dumb you sound, only the gullible would take you serious..

This one parent too will be looking forward to benefitting from him
Prove you are better than me by disproving all I wrote with facts,if you don't then you are a bastard that has no parents to derived any benefit from you,mine celebrates me daily because I'm not hypocritical n don't support injustice.
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by Dannyset(m): 8:39pm On Apr 06, 2019
Deepthoughts:
The NJC was presented with damning evidence that onnoghen could not defend yet the same NJC is seeking a soft landing for him?,by the way,is it the haphazard after thought petition that the EFCC brought before NJC n for which onnoghen presented an articulate incontrovertible defense to that is the damning evidence or you are referring to another evidence not known to the public?, buhari never wanted onnoghen right from the onset,the whole world knows that,you can only decieve the uninformed,go ahead and celebrate but nothing last forever.

Hello.....if the Efcc evidences were after thought, the CJN would defend it with his blood because his name is at stake here. Buhari wanted him out, yes but that was possible because the CJN was corrupt. There wouldn't have been an avenue to hoodwink him if he was clean. The checks done by DSS before appointing anyone by the FG won't deny you that appointment by your dark doings will be kept for a day like this. That's what played out now. If you don't fear God, my brother fear God.
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by Deepthoughts: 8:53pm On Apr 06, 2019
Dannyset:

Hello.....if the Efcc evidences were after thought, the CJN would defend it with his blood because his name is at stake here. Buhari wanted him out, yes but that was possible because the CJN was corrupt. There wouldn't have been an avenue to hoodwink him if he was clean. The checks done by DSS before appointing anyone by the FG won't deny you that appointment by your dark doings will be kept for a day like this. That's what played out now. If you don't fear God, my brother fear God.
How else did you expect onnoghen to defend himself?,he agreed to go on trial n did put up a brilliant defense,he responded articulately to the petitions against him but the NJC in an abracadabra style choose to do what they did, some day the whole truth will be revealed,just think of the fraudulent ex parte order given by Danladi of CCT n the dubious attitude of the court of appeal,can any sane person truly believe that all those were ordinary?.
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by Dannyset(m): 9:37pm On Apr 06, 2019
Deepthoughts:
How else did you expect onnoghen to defend himself?,he agreed to go on trial n did put up a brilliant defense,he responded articulately to the petitions against him but the NJC in an abracadabra style choose to do what they did, some day the whole truth will be revealed,just think of the fraudulent ex parte order given by Danladi of CCT n the dubious attitude of the court of appeal,can any sane person truly believe that all those were ordinary?.

He only agreed to go on trial when he thought his yansh was not open. Seeing all what the Efcc put up against him he couldn't defend himself any long and he has to surrender. Forget this talk my brother, politicians know what they do than you.
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by Deepthoughts: 10:29pm On Apr 06, 2019
Dannyset:

He only agreed to go on trial when he thought his yansh was not open. Seeing all what the Efcc put up against him he couldn't defend himself any long and he has to surrender. Forget this talk my brother, politicians know what they do than you.
Don't Tell me to forget that, EFCC whose own witnesses contradicted in court is the body you are praising, well I don't know your reasons for supporting what happened against onnoghen but I don't support it because it's clear injustice, it's not that onnoghen is a saint or the members of the NJC or buhari himself is either,what happened is just an arrogant display of disregards n lack of respect, buhari would never treat his kinsmen like this, buhari clearly showed he never wanted onnoghen from the very beginning,Tanko claimed he agreed to be sworn in after been shown an ex parte order of CCT but can he confidently state that the CCT is competent to issue such order?,I will never cast aspersions on onnoghen but rather hail his courage, someday events n history will Accord him his dues.
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by drey076(m): 10:38pm On Apr 06, 2019
Onoghen saga should serve as a deterrent to any other potential CJN. No body is above the law
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by Dannyset(m): 10:40pm On Apr 06, 2019
Deepthoughts:
Don't Tell me to forget that, EFCC whose own witnesses contradicted in court is the body you are praising, well I don't know your reasons for supporting what happened against onnoghen but I don't support it because it's clear injustice, it's not that onnoghen is a saint or the members of the NJC or buhari himself is either,what happened is just an arrogant display of disregards n lack of respect, buhari would never treat his kinsmen like this, buhari clearly showed he never wanted onnoghen from the very beginning,Tanko claimed he agreed to be sworn in after been shown an ex parte order of CCT but can he confidently state that the CCT is competent to issue such order?,I will never cast aspersions on onnoghen but rather hail his courage, someday events n history will Accord him his dues.

This is where I will stop the argument with you. I don't do the tribal bigotry thing.
Nice talking to you
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by Deepthoughts: 7:40am On Apr 07, 2019
Dannyset:

This is where I will stop the argument with you. I don't do the tribal bigotry thing.
Nice talking to you
Tanx,but I must let you know that I'm actually a Christian minority from the north, talking of tribal, religious or nepotistic bigotry,those are the trademark of buhari,I was only pointing out his bias attitude,but tanx anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bandits Attack Kaduna Community, Shoot Fulani Leader / Oil Marketers Tell FG To Allow Them Fix Nigeria's Refineries / Ahmed Idris Got N15bn Bribe To Fast-Track Payment To Oil-Producing States - EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.