Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent (19640 Views)

Justice Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen Was Suspended Based On Court Order / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:47pm On Apr 06, 2019
Of course "they" were not happy seeing him a so called "kafir(infidel)-according to "them"" on that seat/position.

May God deliver these people from religious extremism/hatred/intolerance. Haba for how long will you people continue this way.
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:50pm On Apr 06, 2019
sapele914:
NJC he shares bribe money with and that he is the head of had compromised?you must be noveau to Nigeria,tell us something new,useless corrupt former CJ of Nigeria.
Were you the one that gave him bribe?
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by sapele914(m): 12:51pm On Apr 06, 2019
bencr7:
failure like u
Guilty conscience are you a flatinoss?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by albaniy1: 12:53pm On Apr 06, 2019
AND U EXPECT ME TO READ ALL THESE TRASH ON A FORMER CJN

U NO WELLL ATTOOOL

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by sapele914(m): 12:56pm On Apr 06, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Not him,them,The Head of sharing of bribe money,if you don’t know,then go and look inside a well in Gboko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by Guestlander: 12:56pm On Apr 06, 2019
Hack journalism. Forced to resign or given a soft landing to avoid a jail term.
His counterparts in other countries where probity is of utmost importance are usually not spared in order to stand as a warning to those who may want to emulate him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by Deepthoughts: 12:57pm On Apr 06, 2019
Dannyset:
To claim and believe that a whole CJN was forced against his own will to resign despite not guilty or committed any of the allegations leveled against him is laughable and at the same time rubbishes the intellect of the writer.

This man knows the law and could present witnesses and evidences to defend himself and stand his ground if truly he was innocent. Was he forced at gunpoint? Was his child kidnapped so he could resigned?

You pushed the man this far yet he thought of the easiest way out for himself and you're on another plot to force the FG into not accepting his plea for softlanding. Continue pushing people to the dungeon. We shall see where this shallowness will lead you to.
You are been mischievous n you know,where the NJC that was supposed to stand firmly for the truth became compromise what would onnoghen do again,the actions the court of appeal in refusing to pass judgement on onnoghen's appeals was dubious, onnoghen been found not guilty was going to be a disgrace n insult to buhari,hook or crook buhari was not going to let that happen,so onnoghen took the best decision n personally I hail his courage, someday the whole truth about this episode shall emerge.
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by sapele914(m): 12:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Peter Odili,Nyesom Wike and pdp,kick back masters,now you know.
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by shadeyinka(m): 12:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
Dannyset:
To claim and believe that a whole CJN was forced against his own will to resign despite not guilty or committed any of the allegations leveled against him is laughable and at the same time rubbishes the intellect of the writer.

This man knows the law and could present witnesses and evidences to defend himself and stand his ground if truly he was innocent. Was he forced at gunpoint? Was his child kidnapped so he could resigned?

You pushed the man this far yet he thought of the easiest way out for himself and you're on another plot to force the FG into not accepting his plea for softlanding. Continue pushing people to the dungeon. We shall see where this shallowness will lead you to.
Careful Sir
Those who have the power to apply the law on someone are also guilty of several laws. They also have the power of the press with which to do trials before the trial.

Is the CJN perfectly clean? I doubt it! But are his crucifiers also clean! No!

My people say: there is no one who walks so perfectly that his head will not sway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by sapele914(m): 1:04pm On Apr 06, 2019
shadeyinka:

Careful Sir
Those who have the power to apply the law on someone are also guilty of several laws. They also have the power of the press with which to do trials before the trial.

Is the CJN perfectly clean? I doubt it! But are his crucifiers also clean! No!

My people say: there is no one who walks so perfectly that his head will not sway.
He who seeks equity must come with clean hands,Onnoghen new better but I guess absolute power corrupts the mind absolutely,former CJ thought he was untouchable,NJC we chop money together,when yawa blow,CJ your on your own like Bobby Brown.
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by smeag0l(m): 1:09pm On Apr 06, 2019
NJC wasn't the one prosecuting him. The courts concluded their investigations on him and brought out evidences he had no way to wriggle out from on wednesday and he resigned on thursday. If this man was indeed innocent why did he wait until they garnered incontrovertible evidences against him before he resigned?why didnt he resign in January?
Daddyhyeni:

TRULY NJC IS COMPROMISED. NIGERIA IS HEADING TO ITS DOOM
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by AkupeMBANO(m): 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2019
post=77312169:
.....that prophecy is for you and your people Mr Man.
Child of hate and perdition!
you are the child of hate here. he made a valid point
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by Deepthoughts: 1:12pm On Apr 06, 2019
Islie:

https://www.independent.ng/onnoghen-was-forced-to-resign/

Buhari forced onnoghen out, there's no doubt about that, buhari clearly never wish to have a southern Christian as CJ right from onset,the NJC certainly was compromised by the government,they couldn't fault the clearly illegal exparte order of the CCT,they couldn't call the court of appeal to order, onnoghen's travails just show that the north can do whatever they like in this country n the South can only grumble but nothing would happen,any southern Christian that laugh at onnoghen is a complete fool,let a southern Christian president try this against a nothern Muslim CJ n you will see the result,I just read a news piece somewhere today about the plan by the army to establish 109 special forces battalion in okene kogi, already there are army SF battalions in Benue,Niger ,borno n other places in the north why not in the South?, when the South refer to the north as being illiterate while they are educated n enlighten I just laugh.
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by SVC6000: 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
Under Duress
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:16pm On Apr 06, 2019
Dannyset:

My brother, these people are unbelievable. They just open their mouth and spill trash like someone who has indomie in his brain.
look at this gullible fellow anything d dictator does is ok...
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2019
sapele914:
You and your immediate and extended family and your supporters only are the ones heading for doom.
on top matter wey no aftect u is d njc not compromise...
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by Elvis778(m): 1:23pm On Apr 06, 2019
Well, He wasn't forced at all, He did it on his own accord.
looking at things from the right angle of view, we know he waited this long to establish his innocence, to show people that "I AM NOT GUILTY OF THESE ALLEGATIONS" but then, at this point in time, he has no choice, seeing that the NJC has to submit to the office of PMB before declaring to atleast the media that this man is INNOCENT shows you how compromised they are, shows you their decisions might be thwarted giving to how desperate PMB is to persecute the man.
Any one in his right senses would know this is a political game, ofcourse our "MR INTEGRITY" only fights his opposition, using EFCC as a political weapon. Like they said, support the APC and your sins are forgiven,
oh My country, seriously,
There was a country Named Nigeria
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by shadeyinka(m): 1:23pm On Apr 06, 2019
sapele914:
He who seeks equity must come with clean hands,Onnoghen new better but I guess absolute power corrupts the mind absolutely,former CJ thought he was untouchable,NJC we chop money together,when yawa blow,CJ your on your own like Bobby Brown.
I do not support the CJN one bit. But I know the power the executive wield. It's just a matter of checking files and record and a single slip is what is needed to call the dog a bad name so that it can be hanged.

Except one is a perfect angel, the executive can rubbish anyone.

In the past, I used to be an optimist and idealist but after moving closer to some of these people, I understood what Nigeria really is. The CJN was just part of the collateral damage of a political chess game
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by northvietnam(m): 1:24pm On Apr 06, 2019
sukerefakere:
Juventus vs Acmilan

1x&u4.5
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by ABUPHARM(m): 1:24pm On Apr 06, 2019
Deepthoughts:
Buhari forced onnoghen out, there's no doubt about that, buhari clearly never wish to have a southern Christian as CJ right from onset,the NJC certainly was compromised by the government,they couldn't fault the clearly illegal exparte order of the CCT,they couldn't call the court of appeal to order, onnoghen's travails just show that the north can do whatever they like in this country n the South can only grumble but nothing would happen,any southern Christian that laugh at onnoghen is a complete fool,let a southern Christian president try this against a nothern Muslim CJ n you will see the result,I just read a news piece somewhere today about the plan by the army to establish 109 special forces battalion in okene kogi, already there are army SF battalions in Benue,Niger ,borno n other places in the north why not in the South?, when the South refer to the north as being illiterate while they are educated n enlighten I just laugh.
See how dumb you sound, only the gullible would take you serious..

This one parent too will be looking forward to benefitting from him sad
Deepthoughts:

This one parent too will be looking forward to benefitting from him
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by bencr7: 1:27pm On Apr 06, 2019
sapele914:
Guilty conscience are you a flatinoss?
am not a flatinoss I am a ibo boy but am not a tribalic person like u, because my neighbor are mainly Yorubas even my good friends than in school from primary to secondary were mainly Yorubas that why in diz forum I attack both Yoruba and my ibo bro&sis that make any tribalic comment because is to childish and can not takes us anywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by sweetgala(m): 1:28pm On Apr 06, 2019
Daddyhyeni:

You do know the NJC as it is was appointed by Onoghen!
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by GavelSlam: 1:32pm On Apr 06, 2019
Deepthoughts:
You are been mischievous n you know,where the NJC that was supposed to stand firmly for the truth became compromise what would onnoghen do again,the actions the court of appeal in refusing to pass judgement on onnoghen's appeals was dubious, onnoghen been found not guilty was going to be a disgrace n insult to buhari,hook or crook buhari was not going to let that happen,so onnoghen took the best decision n personally I hail his courage, someday the whole truth about this episode shall emerge.

So you believe the NJC is corrupt but Onnoghen is a puritan?
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by Vested(m): 1:35pm On Apr 06, 2019
I hope the FG intends to pursue the corruption allegations to its definite end because anything short of that is daylight rape and robbery of democracy and the fight against corruption.

This one does not deserve plea bargain one bit. In fact, no public thief (if proven in the court of law) deserves plea bargain.
How can we progress as a nation when people loot the National Treasure with impunity and get plea bargain or resignation with full entitlements as punishment?

I'm not holy alright but to rape a whole nation should be regarded as Anathema.

My own small kobo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by ogunsj: 1:39pm On Apr 06, 2019
Daddyhyeni:

while you are already doomed.
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by Elvis778(m): 1:39pm On Apr 06, 2019
ABUPHARM:

This one parent too will be looking forward to benefitting from him sad

This one parent too will be looking forward to benefitting from him

Common man, don't act like a fool, he just dropped his opinion and you are insulting him,
oppose him with another intelligent opinion and not throw insults at him like you are irrational.......
This is exactly why most white fellas hate some Nigerians, we are too quick to insult instead of maintaining a healthy argument.
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by 247Dior(m): 1:40pm On Apr 06, 2019
sapele914:
NJC he shares bribe money with and that he is the head of had compromised?you must be noveau to Nigeria,tell us something new,useless corrupt former CJ of Nigeria.
wake from sleep bro, everything was scripted to keep Mohammed in the sit, you're a very good example of a novice in Nigerian politics

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:48pm On Apr 06, 2019
When the MILITARY will kick this democracy away some silly old men will tell some stupid young men to go and protest . now we are staring injustice at face all of them is playing dumb
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by Dannyset(m): 1:50pm On Apr 06, 2019
Deepthoughts:
Oh because the NJC after doing its investigation, discovered he wouldn't have gotten all those monies without being corrupt recommended he be retired, they have been compromised. The whole of the panel were compromised with no one among them having differing opinion? The same NJC that was condemning the FG for suspending him before it was presented with damning evidence that the CJN couldn't defend?
I weep for this reasoning.
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by rummmy: 2:38pm On Apr 06, 2019
We are wailing .
Buhari is replacing.
Northerners are repositioning and taking over.
Apc is plotting.
Yorubas are losing.
Government of the north is coming.
God is watching only.
Thank you for reading
Re: Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent by Kingspin(m): 4:39pm On Apr 06, 2019
When u leave in a stupid country led by killers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We’re Managing To Pay Salaries, Facing Enormous Challenges – FG / Bianca Ojukwu Is Nigeria's New Ambassador To Ghana / Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.