Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,560 members, 7,955,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:22 PM

Masters Degree - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Masters Degree (684 Views)

Think Twice Before Going For Masters Degree (m.sc) - Vincent Adeoba / Lady Who Got Pregnant At 17 Obtains Her Masters Degree At 24 (Photos) / Pastor Adeyemi's Daughter Graduates With Masters Degree In Law In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masters Degree by Icynthie: 11:29am On Apr 06, 2019
Please I finished with a 2,2 in chemistry education and I want to go for my masters, is it only in education I can further in? Thanks for your answers
Re: Masters Degree by Wittywatz: 11:44am On Apr 06, 2019
With my little knowledge, I'd say you need to go for Post Graduate Diploma before proceeding for Masters due to your grade
Re: Masters Degree by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 06, 2019
Icynthie:
Please I finished with a 2,2 in chemistry education and I want to go for my masters, is it only in education I can further in? Thanks for your answers
You can switch from education to pure science depending on the department or school you applied for or to. Secondly what is your score is 2.5 or 3.0?. If it 2.5 you might not be admitted in many public universities in Nigeria hence you might be advised to run postgraduate diploma ( a one year program) but if it 3.0 you stand a chance.

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree by Icynthie: 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

You can switch from education to pure science depending on the department or school you applied for or to. Secondly what is your score is 2.5 or 3.0?. If it 2.5 you might not be admitted in many public universities in Nigeria hence you might be advised to run postgraduate diploma ( a one year program) but if it 3.0 you stand a chance.

I finished with 3.2, do u have an idea of the kind of courses I can opt for?
Re: Masters Degree by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
Icynthie:

Your course of study must be related. For example a student that have chemistry background can opt in for m.sc in industrial chemistry, pure chemistry, biochemistry,pharmaceutical chemistry, applied chemistry and other related courses.

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree by lakland(m): 5:00pm On Apr 06, 2019
Icynthie:

With your grade it depends on the school you want to apply to
I think you can switch to pure science in UI, federal university of Agriculture, Abeokuta

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree by Icynthie: 5:37pm On Apr 06, 2019
lakland:

With your grade it depends on the school you want to apply to
I think you can switch to pure science in UI, federal university of Agriculture, Abeokuta

Thank you
Re: Masters Degree by Icynthie: 5:38pm On Apr 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

Your course of study must be related. For example a student that have chemistry background can opt in for m.sc in industrial chemistry, pure chemistry, biochemistry,pharmaceutical chemistry, applied chemistry and other related courses.

So with my chemistry education certificate, I can opt for any of these courses or I have to do PGD diploma first?..this is what I'm confused about
Re: Masters Degree by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 06, 2019
Icynthie:

So with my chemistry education certificate, I can opt for any of these courses or I have to do PGD diploma first?..this is what I'm confused about
Yes. Consult your choice of university for more information

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree by DonroxyII: 10:25pm On Apr 06, 2019
Icynthie:

Your best bet is to visit your choice universities and ask ..... .Nairaland may not help you much!!

All these requirements are school specific some are departmental ....... Some schools may allow it while some department in same school will say No ..... So go to your choice school and ask both the postgraduate school and your choice department!! Just seek for the HOD thatzall

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta University / UNIBEN Philosophy Students Dress As Zombies To Celebrate Costume Day / Congratulations On Your Induction As An Associate Chartered Accountant (aca)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.