Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed (13232 Views)

Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Criticise Buhari — Lai Mohammed / APC Replies Davido's Father Deji Adeleke's Claim Of Osun Election Being Rigged / Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by cyrilamx(m): 1:38pm On Apr 06, 2019
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK
April 06, 2019

Junaid Mohammed, a lawmaker during Nigeria's Second Republic, says former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar has masterminded election rigging since 1999, and as such has "no moral basis to complain of being rigged out".
He also accused Atiku, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), of overheating the polity by his decision to challenge the result of the February 23 presidential election that saw President Muhammadu Buhari secure a second term in office.
Speaking in an interview published on Saturday by The Sun newspaper , Mohammed also praised the improvement in the electoral process as people can now vote in their respective areas of residence.
Responding to a question on what he thinks of Atiku's move to challenge the result, he said: "I don’t know whether Atiku means to overheat the polity, but the fact remains whether he means it or not, the net result of what he is doing is to overheat the polity, and that is unfortunate.
"Any patriotic Nigerian will know that when the polity is overheated the way it is being done now, at the end of the day there will be violence; there will be massive movement of people from where they are legitimately working and earning their living to their hometowns.
"After decades of independence, we ought to be beyond this kind of ramshackle government, where if you ignite a match, people will start scrambling to go back to their homes.
"People used to go to their homes to vote during elections, but this time it was a big progress as people stayed where they live to vote.
"I’m about 70, and when I was growing up, election was like a mad house or a psychiatric home. Once election was approaching everybody was going to railway station to but ticket to travel to their homes, but this time around, people stayed behind to vote. This is a big progress and I hope it will continue. Why will I leave Kano to Port Harcourt to vote? It doesn’t make sense.
"The main issue behind Atiku’s complaint is that he knew that he lost the election; whatever he says or whatever the people who work for him say. The statement he issues or by Secondus and other people who work with him is that they are now accusing and abusing not just those who are in APC (I’m not in APC and I will never be in APC), but also others who have nothing to do with the election. That to me shows that they are very primitive and immature politicians. You don’t have to abuse me if you want me to vote for you.
"Sadly, Atiku has been the mastermind of the rigging of elections in this country from 1999, when he and Obasanjo were with the ticket. If you did that kind of thing, you will not be surprised even if you want to believe what you want to believe; you cannot be surprised if people have mastered what you taught them. Many of the APC members decamped from the PDP. We grew up with some of them, we worked with some of them; we married into their families and they married into our families, so it is not something new. We all know the riggers; Atiku is the principal rigger, so, he has no moral basis to complain of being rigged out.
"He even went beyond the moral norm by hacking into the servers of INEC, and publishing documents, but to mark him up, INEC went and put the real figures for everybody to see. This is very unfortunate for those who claim to be statesmen. You have to know that the most important thing for you and your party is the survival of the country, because the connection I have with Atiku is that he is a Nigerian and I’m a Nigerian. If there is no Nigeria, where would he go; which president will he be?
"I believe he has the constitutional right to go to court, but the way and manner he is doing it is destructive and he is lying through his teeth; the same thing with Secondus and some of the hired hands, hacks who write statements for them. Some of the people who issue the statements don’t even know Nigeria.
"You stay in your village, and after school you come to Lagos and then to Abuja, and you start abusing people left, right and centre. These are the kind of people who are causing a lot of problems; there must be peace before you have governance."

http://saharareporters.com/2019/04/06/atiku-has-no-moral-basis-complain-being-rigged-out-says-junaid-mohammed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by Denikayan: 3:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
Lawyers need to eat and have a share of Atiku's loot

Atiku must go to court

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by idanre1234: 3:02pm On Apr 06, 2019
Okay
Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by kingBenedict: 3:03pm On Apr 06, 2019
Is there anyone with moral basis to do anything, especially politics in Nigeria....it is funny when I see the word "MORAL" in Nigerian politics...who has moral basis...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by mainman7(m): 3:04pm On Apr 06, 2019
Like for Atiku, Share for Buhari.

Whether is Buhari or Atiku, God bless every leader that truly loves all Nigerians.
I want to call attention of all Nigerians to this satanic Soul called Lukgaf. Intelligent people here have noticed that he twists articles and used this platform to spread anti-Christian and destructive write ups aimed at fueling War between Muslims and Christians in Nigeria. Before Lugaf started marketing MURIC, nobody takes MURIC serious because we all know the Prof behind it is just an attention seeker, but this Lukman guy has been making frantic efforts to sell us MURIC destructive propagandas. Even when MURIC didn't see anything wrong or say anything about the WAEC Official's inconsequencial warning to MURIC, this devilish Lukgaf self-wrote a twisted article, intentionally titled to give an impression that the WAEC Official promised to Kidnap the MURIC guy.
Lukgaf:

https://www.nairaland.com/5097287/waec-official-threatens-muric-director
It was only after fully reading that we saw that the WEAC Official only warned that Government would jail MURIC guy if he continues weaken the Peace of Nigeria. A day after he self-wrote and posted the twisted article here, MURIC then act as if Lakgaf article has made them to see what they didn't see and issued the reaction which we latter read here. Mods, NLanders, Nigerians beware of this sataic guy called Lukgaf even if he change this Monika, he's not a true Moslem and his conscience is dead!

18 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by psp2pc(m): 3:04pm On Apr 06, 2019
Zanku
Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 06, 2019
Atiefku must go to court. Na naija money he stole he go spend there abeg.

2023 for jagaban(APC) vs Atiefku(PDP) loading all southerners should give many likes for jagaban.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by fakoo1: 3:06pm On Apr 06, 2019
YOU DESERVED TO BE BANNED. GO TEACH YOUR COMMUNITY HOW TO MAKE MONEY
Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by abdulazeez1002(m): 3:06pm On Apr 06, 2019
Onijagidijagan:
Atiefku must go to cut... Na naija money he stole he go spend there abeg.

2023 for jagaban
Jagaban grin

Just pray our northern brother does not contest

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by Stakeholders(m): 3:08pm On Apr 06, 2019
cyrilamx:

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK
April 06, 2019

Junaid Mohammed, a lawmaker during Nigeria's Second Republic, says former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar has masterminded election rigging since 1999, and as such has "no moral basis to complain of being rigged out".
He also accused Atiku, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), of overheating the polity by his decision to challenge the result of the February 23 presidential election that saw President Muhammadu Buhari secure a second term in office.
Speaking in an interview published on Saturday by The Sun newspaper , Mohammed also praised the improvement in the electoral process as people can now vote in their respective areas of residence.
Responding to a question on what he thinks of Atiku's move to challenge the result, he said: "I don’t know whether Atiku means to overheat the polity, but the fact remains whether he means it or not, the net result of what he is doing is to overheat the polity, and that is unfortunate.
"Any patriotic Nigerian will know that when the polity is overheated the way it is being done now, at the end of the day there will be violence; there will be massive movement of people from where they are legitimately working and earning their living to their hometowns.
"After decades of independence, we ought to be beyond this kind of ramshackle government, where if you ignite a match, people will start scrambling to go back to their homes.
"People used to go to their homes to vote during elections, but this time it was a big progress as people stayed where they live to vote.
"I’m about 70, and when I was growing up, election was like a mad house or a psychiatric home. Once election was approaching everybody was going to railway station to but ticket to travel to their homes, but this time around, people stayed behind to vote. This is a big progress and I hope it will continue. Why will I leave Kano to Port Harcourt to vote? It doesn’t make sense.
"The main issue behind Atiku’s complaint is that he knew that he lost the election; whatever he says or whatever the people who work for him say. The statement he issues or by Secondus and other people who work with him is that they are now accusing and abusing not just those who are in APC (I’m not in APC and I will never be in APC), but also others who have nothing to do with the election. That to me shows that they are very primitive and immature politicians. You don’t have to abuse me if you want me to vote for you.
"Sadly, Atiku has been the mastermind of the rigging of elections in this country from 1999, when he and Obasanjo were with the ticket. If you did that kind of thing, you will not be surprised even if you want to believe what you want to believe; you cannot be surprised if people have mastered what you taught them. Many of the APC members decamped from the PDP. We grew up with some of them, we worked with some of them; we married into their families and they married into our families, so it is not something new. We all know the riggers; Atiku is the principal rigger, so, he has no moral basis to complain of being rigged out.
"He even went beyond the moral norm by hacking into the servers of INEC, and publishing documents, but to mark him up, INEC went and put the real figures for everybody to see. This is very unfortunate for those who claim to be statesmen. You have to know that the most important thing for you and your party is the survival of the country, because the connection I have with Atiku is that he is a Nigerian and I’m a Nigerian. If there is no Nigeria, where would he go; which president will he be?
"I believe he has the constitutional right to go to court, but the way and manner he is doing it is destructive and he is lying through his teeth; the same thing with Secondus and some of the hired hands, hacks who write statements for them. Some of the people who issue the statements don’t even know Nigeria.
"You stay in your village, and after school you come to Lagos and then to Abuja, and you start abusing people left, right and centre. These are the kind of people who are causing a lot of problems; there must be peace before you have governance."

http://saharareporters.com/2019/04/06/atiku-has-no-moral-basis-complain-being-rigged-out-says-junaid-mohammed

Nice one
Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by Cletus77(m): 3:08pm On Apr 06, 2019
Onijagidijagan:
Atiefku must go to cut... Na naija money he stole he go spend there abeg.

2023 for jagaban
If you like put him in a Pope's garment..am not voting for him

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:09pm On Apr 06, 2019
Igbos supported this Junaid against PMB

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:09pm On Apr 06, 2019
"He even went beyond the moral norm by hacking into the servers of INEC, and publishing documents, but to mark him up, INEC went and put the real figures for everybody to see. This is very unfortunate for those who claim to be statesmen.

This one na talk INEC's APC altered the result then!!!

Note: Seun a moderator that cannot withstand a reasonable contribution or argument is not fit to be a mod.

Deleting a comment when is not against any of your rules doesn't make sense. It's called LOW SELF ESTEEM!!!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 06, 2019
Cletus77:

If you like put him in a Pope's garment..am not voting for him
Please don't vote for him we are not begging you.

He will contest twice on APC 2023 and 2027 Insha'Allah.
Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by kaen1317: 3:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
If only our leaders can unite us Nigeria would have been truly great. But there's too much bitterness and hate amongst us. All nations have problems but it's the responsibility of a good leader to identify those things that hinder nation unity and heal them.All this name calling amongst tribes will do us no good. We can't progress that way. Let's pray that things don't get out of hand where we find ourselves in a IDP
Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 06, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Jagaban grin
Just pray our northern brother does not contest
Do I have to pray that? Let them contest We are ready. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by abdulazeez1002(m): 3:16pm On Apr 06, 2019
Onijagidijagan:

Do I have to pray that? Let them contest We are ready. cheesy
Ok grin
Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by TemmyT002(m): 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2019
This is that man that always criticizes everybody.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by pfadom: 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2019
What do you expect from the writer and PDP gladiators.
Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by chloride6: 3:18pm On Apr 06, 2019
The man lost in his own polling unit..

He is simply unpopular....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by blackboy(m): 3:18pm On Apr 06, 2019
Mr Junaid listen to yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by Sweetcollins: 3:18pm On Apr 06, 2019
That is his own singular view

Changes NOTHING

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by israelmao(m): 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2019
A rolling stone that togethers no moss that is the man call Junaid.
Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Ok grin

Yaya aiki Aboki?
Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by Cecediva(f): 3:21pm On Apr 06, 2019
So he shouldn't complain when rigged out
Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by Mahsums: 3:24pm On Apr 06, 2019
This is exactly what happened to Atiku

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by slowice(m): 3:25pm On Apr 06, 2019
This people re trying hard to blackmail Atiku into doing nothing.... The man is just being Democratic in his doings and people re angry.... For what?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by 2metrelaurie(m): 3:26pm On Apr 06, 2019
Onijagidijagan:
Atiefku must go to court. Na naija money he stole he go spend there abeg.

2023 for jagaban(APC) vs Atiefku(PDP) loading all southerners should give many likes for jagaban.

Bleep you and Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Complain Of Being Rigged Out, Says Junaid Mohammed by abdulazeez1002(m): 3:26pm On Apr 06, 2019
Onijagidijagan:

Yaya aiki Aboki?
Lafiya lau.

Yaya naka Afonja?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nine Governors Behind Attempt To Re-Classify Minimum Wage – NLC / Fuel Subsidy: NAIRAXI To Digitize Public Transport To Mitigate Adverse Effects / 'Tinubu Has Elevated Blame Game To The Next Level' - Atiku's Camp To Onanuga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.