Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Yoruba Establishes Its Supremacy In The South - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Establishes Its Supremacy In The South (2372 Views)

Ebube Agu And IPOB Will Fight For Supremacy In South East Leading To Bloodshed / Naf Establishes New Base In Gombe, As Governor Yahaya Lauds Efforts Of Cas / Nnamdi Kanu Establishes Biafran Aid Foundation In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Establishes Its Supremacy In The South by RTSC: 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2019
MetaPhysical:

The bold is not true. What does the North have that you do not?

You Ibos see government from one perspective only - the man at the top, the ruler! You fail to acknowledge like the Yorubas do that even from an opposition role a ruling government can be brought to its knees and forced into compromise to progress society.

If Christian North was that relevant for you why did your delegates from East pick muslim Atiku over christian Makarfi at the PortHarcourt primaries?

You have to ally with somebody to make progress in life. No individual is self-sufficient. No region is either. Today North is your enemy, tomorrow West is your enemy, next day South is your enemy. When are you going to make friends? grin grin

You make me laugh with your responses.
See jolly just come teaching us how to politics.
I guess politics started in 2015.

So not voting apc means fighting with the north?
Then atiku must be from Mars.
Even if we will never vote a Yoruba candidate ever again , which is very likely, doesn't mean we won't vote a northerner.

Besides, how exactly does Yoruba dominate the south?

The last time I checked atiku and obi won the south overwhelmingly.

Or which other south is there?

Any way, Good story. Keep deceiving yourself while 2023 comes.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Establishes Its Supremacy In The South by RTSC: 4:24pm On Apr 07, 2019
The guy did not even recognise non Yoruba voters in places like Lagos on his table.

As far as he is concerned they are all Yoruba votes.

And yet pdp won the south in 2015 and 2019.

Buhari had to rally in his own north to claim victory.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Establishes Its Supremacy In The South by pchukwudi: 4:28pm On Apr 07, 2019
Your rant is funny. wink

And projecting your myopic imagination on me, and mouthing your gibberish as some kind of reality is the height of comedy.

You and I know that you created this thread out of fear following the new anti-south 2023 narrative coming from some northern mouthpiece in your party.

Does what you are doing now sound like "building bridges"?

Here is the reality though: as far as the South is concerned, PDP is the majority party and the SW is more like an opposition stronghold at the meantime.

So, pending any judicial interventions in the current outcome of 2019 election, the PDP will clinch power in 2023 by fielding a Northern candidate. The only way APC can counter this is to field another Northern candidate.

Thereafter, the only way for APC to get back to power at the center is to field another Northern candidate (like they did in 2015) or, try to field a Yoruba moslem and a northern Christian (as VP).

But you and I know that a Northern moslem will always win a Southern Moslem in the north, any day, any time.

MetaPhysical:

You Ibos see government from one perspective only - the man at the top, the ruler! You fail to acknowledge like the Yorubas do that even from an opposition role a ruling government can be brought to its knees and forced into compromise to progress society.

If Christian North was that relevant for you why did your delegates from East pick muslim Atiku over christian Makarfi at the PortHarcourt primaries?

You have to ally with somebody to make progress in life. No individual is self-sufficient. No region is either. Today North is your enemy, tomorrow West is your enemy, next day South is your enemy. When are you going to make friends? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Establishes Its Supremacy In The South by BrownRoofRep: 4:36pm On Apr 07, 2019
Yoruba Establishes Its Supremacy In The South WEST

Attention seeking slaves. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Establishes Its Supremacy In The South by Noccerino(m): 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2019
MetaPhysical:

grin grin
They should. Ibo has slaved for them too long and earned the right to be its presidential candidate.
I'm not here for tribal bashing, just bringing you closer to reality
Re: Yoruba Establishes Its Supremacy In The South by Mace0lane: 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2019
It’s baffling to see foolish PDP supporters lament about a post like this, I have seen countless post by PDP supporters chanting how PDP will field northerners in 2023 presidential election without you writing a rebuttal on any of the over 50 thread already opened in that respect.

How you expect any rational none PDP supporter to now reason with the tantrum you wrote below is simply crazy. Every single point you intend to make is null n void based on that alone.

pchukwudi:
Here is the harsh reality of the Nigerian politics - for any opposition party to take power at the center, it has to field a perceivably core northern candidate.

The north already knows this. And the selfishness and idiosyncrasies of folks like you only help to strengthen the northern resolve to clinch on power at all times.

The only possible way out?

Political unification of the south and the northern Christians.

But, your region, your very region may never get up to this, due to the fact that a lot of people from there owe their allegiance to the caliphate.

The final outcome? The status quo of northern domination.

In the final analysis, your current bravadoes are like that of
a brainwashed slave flexing his perceived superiority and sophistication to his fellow slaves.

Re: Yoruba Establishes Its Supremacy In The South by Mace0lane: 4:48pm On Apr 07, 2019
pchukwudi:
Here is the harsh reality of the Nigerian politics - for any opposition party to take power at the center, it has to field a perceivably core northern candidate.

The north already knows this. And the selfishness and idiosyncrasies of folks like you only help to strengthen the northern resolve to clinch on power at all times.

The only possible way out?

Political unification of the south and the northern Christians.

But, your region, your very region may never get up to this, due to the fact that a lot of people from there owe their allegiance to the caliphate.

The final outcome? The status quo of northern domination.

In the final analysis, your current bravadoes are like that of
a brainwashed slave flexing his perceived superiority and sophistication to his fellow slaves.

Re: Yoruba Establishes Its Supremacy In The South by forgiveness: 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Following are graphical images of electoral results as far back 1979. I included some nuggets to highlight how Yoruba beat competition to emerge the Supreme political leader of Southern Nigeria.

In 1979, Awolowo made Philip Umeadi from Anambra his running mate but SE didn't vote for him rather voted for Shagari from the North. Is this not called betrayal of the South? grin
Re: Yoruba Establishes Its Supremacy In The South by MetaPhysical: 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2019
pchukwudi:
Your rant is funny. wink

And projecting your myopic imagination on me, and mouthing your gibberish as some kind of reality is the height of comedy.

You and I know that you created this thread out of fear following the new anti-south 2003 narrative coming from some northern mouthpiece in your party.

Does what you are doing now sound like "building bridges"?

Here is the reality though: as far as the South is concerned, PDP is the majority party and the SW is more like an opposition stronghold at the meantime.

So, pending any judicial interventions in the current outcome of 2019 election, the PDP will clinch power in 2023 by fielding a Northern candidate. The only way APC can counter this is to field another Northern candidate.

Thereafter, the only way for APC to get back to power at the center is to field another Northern candidate (like they did in 2015) or, try to field a Yoruba moslem and a northern Christian (as VP).

But you and I know that a Northern moslem will always win a Southern Moslem in the north, any day, any time.

I guess you failed to reflect on the three views and our attitude towards politics.

Yorubaland is our first priority! Whether we are the ruler, the opposition, or detached from the center, as long Yorubaland is thriving, nothing else matters. We achieve dynamism for Yorubaland through our political calculations. If our political calculations fail, which has happened before and we lost ruling, we have capacity to fold down into an opposition or a parallel government. We can handle any political outcome, whatever it is. The proof is there for you on ground.

The North lost out in 2011. They went into opposition. A part of the North has lost out in 2019, they will go into opposition.

Yoruba will compete and get 2023. Its your headache whether you join in the competition or surrender to North to champion your battle.

For your info no APC member with power to influence party direction has denied power returning to South in 2023. Babachir has no political value in his own state. Junaid belongs in PDP. So APC returns power to South in 2023.
Re: Yoruba Establishes Its Supremacy In The South by MetaPhysical: 5:10pm On Apr 07, 2019
forgiveness:

In 1979, Awolowo made Philip Umeadi from Anambra his running mate but SE didn't vote for him rather voted for Shagari from the North. Is this not called betrayal of the South? grin

They dont vote their own. They never do, always surrenders to North.

Every election year Ohanaeze will come out and warn that any Ibo who goes against their endorsement is a bast3ard, and the endorsements is always a non-Ibo. To top the caviar, Ohanaeze will promise that the incumbent will hand over power to Ibo. The biggest scam i ever seen. It happened with Obasanjo, they said Obasanjo will handover to Ibo that no Ibo should compete. Then Jonathan will handover to Ibo, dont compete with him. Atiku will handover to Ibo, dont support Buhari.

When Yoruba becomes President, dont compete with him....he is going to handover to Ibo. grin grin

This is all they know...dont compete, wait, its our turn and it will be handed over.
Re: Yoruba Establishes Its Supremacy In The South by MetaPhysical: 5:14pm On Apr 07, 2019
RTSC:
The guy did not even recognise non Yoruba voters in places like Lagos on his table.

As far as he is concerned they are all Yoruba votes.

And yet pdp won the south in 2015 and 2019.

Buhari had to rally in his own north to claim victory.

Look in the chart of registered voters released by INEC, do you see ethnic breakdown?
Re: Yoruba Establishes Its Supremacy In The South by forgiveness: 5:16pm On Apr 07, 2019
MetaPhysical:

They dont vote their own. They never do, always surrenders to North.

Every election year Ohanaeze will come out and warn that any Ibo who goes against their endorsement is a bast3ard, and the endorsements is always a non-Ibo. To top the caviar, Ohanaeze will promise that the incumbent will hand over power to Ibo. The biggest scam i ever seen. It happened with Obasanjo, they said Obasanjo will handover to Ibo that no Ibo should compete. Then Jonathan will handover to Ibo, dont compete with him. Atiku will handover to Ibo, dont support Buhari.

When Yoruba becomes President, dont compete with him....he is going to handover to Ibo. grin grin

This is all they know...dont compete, wait, its our turn and it will be handed over.

But the SE are blackmailing the SW as betrayers when they themselves neglected and betrayed a South South candidates in 1979 for a Northern candidate. They even voted against their own. shocked shocked grin

Well maybe I will have to believe what you said. grin

Re: Yoruba Establishes Its Supremacy In The South by alhassanyusuf29(m): 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2019
So Makarfi is a Christian? undecided
MetaPhysical:

Re: Yoruba Establishes Its Supremacy In The South by MetaPhysical: 5:40pm On Apr 07, 2019
forgiveness:

But the SE are blackmailing the SW as betrayers when they themselves neglected and betrayed a South South candidates in 1979 for a Northern candidate. They even voted against their own. shocked shocked grin

Well maybe I will have to believe what you said. grin

You can see that NPN was North/South, NPP was South/North. It was only Awo that went South/South.

Yet they hate this Awo with a passion. cheesy

When they are cornered they will begin looking for rescue from North. But North is aware of their hidden agenda.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Art Of Prophecy / Just In: Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Japan For An Important Mission / DSS Attacked Omoyele Sowore In Court Like Wild Dogs – Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.