Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,611 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? (834 Views)

What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian? / Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? / Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 07, 2019
I think that anybody that who's followed my threads, posts, and comments here in Nairaland, by now should have already understood that I unashamedly and proudly place preference on the Words of Jesus and its obedience over any other words in the Bible, because I believe it ought to be the standard of the church, and hence that any other word that contradicts it in the Bible and elsewhere ought not be observed by those of the church.

So that is my clear position on the matter, but then it appears that there are those who seem to agree with me concerning this opinion of mine, even those responsible for distinguishing His Words from the rest in most versions of the Bible, so that while they are all dressed in color black, His Words are specially decked in red colors.

And considering the amount of people whose Words are in the Bible, this appears to give the impression that they think there something more to His Words and hence that they deserve more attention, emphasis, respect, focus etc.

But maybe there's someone who is better informed or has a different idea concerning it, so that we can get to know why it is so.

God be with us.
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by hadjipapiey(m): 9:05am On Apr 07, 2019
No big deal
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 07, 2019
hadjipapiey:
No big deal
Why do you say so?
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 08, 2019
Why?
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 09, 2019
What you say?
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 10, 2019
Who can help us with that?
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 11, 2019
I think it's because it is supposed to be the standard of the church, but what do you think?
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:20am On Apr 11, 2019
Come on friend, don't do a vain thing! We all know why.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2019
Dtruthspeaker:
Come on friend, don't do a vain thing! We all know why.
There's nothing else with respect to the church that is as important as the purpose of this question.

So why not give the answer if you know why at least so that those who don't - if you ask me, most church folks - would come to know why?

If you can call this a vain thing, then that's the extent to which our priorities differ.
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 12, 2019
yet another question
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by advocate666: 6:13pm On Apr 12, 2019
I think it is to save ink.
No need to waste precious black ink on the ramblings of a mad man.
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 14, 2019
Tell me, for there would certainly be a reason for it.
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 15, 2019
Why?
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Hier(m): 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2019
Feed the flock, and that your thread that made front page yesterday, I really wished I could take it down
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2019
Hier:
Feed the flock, and that your thread that made front page yesterday, I really wished I could take it down
I know!

You even had to create a new thread because of that thread Lol!

But my question is why did it pain you so much?
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Hier(m): 10:42pm On Apr 15, 2019
jesusjnr:
I know!

You even had to create a new thread because of that thread Lol!

But my question is why did it pain you so much?

Everything about the heading was off key. I didn't read the post, but that headline, it was not one I would like to see on front page, and its totally false.
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 15, 2019
Hier:

Everything about the heading was off key. I didn't read the post, but that headline, it was not one I would like to see on front page, and its totally false.
So you mean without lust nudity would be an issue?
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 16, 2019
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
Question time?
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 11:36am On May 01, 2019
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 02, 2019
Perhaps to distinguish it from the rest!
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 03, 2019
I can't say exactly why but I certainly know it deserves to be distinguished from the rest.
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 7:09am On May 06, 2019
I know It was the same way Jesus distinguished His Words from all other words.
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 7:08am On May 07, 2019
Or was it just a mistake?
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 8:28am On May 09, 2019
The greater Word?
Re: Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 15, 2019
Distinctive?

(1) (Reply)

Facts That Daddy Freeze Has No Understanding Of The Bible / Understanding Spiritual Growth And How To Increase Its Speed / Pastor Odumeje Slams Crutches On Church Member During Healing Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.