Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? (3354 Views)

Should I Avoid Certain Bible Versions / Why Are The Words Of Jesus Distinguished By The Red Ink In Most Bible Versions? / Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by KNOWMORE56: 7:43am On Mar 03, 2021
I want to read the views/opinions of others in this forum before I start to share the full information sent to me.
So, mynd44 lalasticala Dominique and others can be of help.

See part of the information in the next post
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by KNOWMORE56: 7:46am On Mar 03, 2021
mynd44 lalasticala Dominique:

Copied:

VERY CRITICAL ALERT!!!

I'm sure you know that New international version (NIV) was published by Zondervan but is now OWNED by Harper Collins, who also publishes the Satanic Bible and The Joy of Gay Sex.

The NIV and English Standard Version (ESV)
has now removed 64,575 words from the Bible
including Jehovah, Calvary, Holy Ghost and omnipotent to name but a few...

The NIV and ESV has also now removed 45 complete verses. Most of us have the Bible on our devices and phones especially "OLIVE TREE BIBLE STUDY APP."

Try and find these scriptures in NIV and ESV
on your computer, phone or device right now if you are in doubt:

Matthew 17:21, 18:11, 23:14;
Mark 7:16, 9:44, 9:46;
Luke 17:36, 23:17;
John 5:4; Acts 8:37.
...you will not believe your eyes.

THE SOLUTION:
If you must use the NIV and ESV, BUY and KEEP AN EARLIER VERSION OF the
BIBLE. A Hard Copy cannot be updated. All these changes occur when they ask you to update the app. On your phone or laptop etc.

Buy and KEEP EARLIER VERSIONS AND STORE
THEM.

There is a crusade geared towards altering the Bible as we know it; NIV, ESV and many more versions are affected.

PLEASE SHARE THIS MESSAGE WITH ALL YOUR CONTACTS.

1 Like

Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Janosky: 10:29am On Mar 03, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

Copied:

VERY CRITICAL ALERT!!!

I'm sure you know that New international version (NIV) was published by Zondervan but is now OWNED by Harper Collins, who also publishes the Satanic Bible and The Joy of Gay Sex.

The NIV and ESV has also now removed 45 complete verses. Most of us have the Bible on our devices and phones especially "OLIVE TREE BIBLE STUDY APP."

...you will not believe your eyes

THE SOLUTION:
BIBLE. A Hard Copy cannot be updated. All these changes occur when they ask you to update the app. On your phone or laptop etc.

THEM.

There is a crusade geared towards altering the Bible as we know it; NIV, ESV and many more versions are affected.

Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers
(33) The place, which is called Calvary.--On the place and name, see Note on Matthew 27:33. As a matter of translation, it would clearly have been better either to give the Greek form (Cranion), or its meaning (= "skull"wink in English. The Vulgate, however, had given Calvarium, and that word had taken so strong a hold on men's minds, that it was apparently thought better, as in all the English versions, to retain it here. It is not without interest to note that the name which more than any other is associated with Protestant hymns and meditations on the atonement, should come to us from the Vulgate of the Latin Church.

Pulpit Commentary
Verses 33-49. - The Crucifixion. Verse 33. - And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary; literally, unto the place which is called the skull. The familiar name "Calvary" has its origin in the Vulgate translation, Calvarium, a skull. The name "Place of a skull," Golgotha (properly Gulgoltha, an Aramaic word נלגלתא, corresponding to the Hebrew Gulgoleth, גלגלת, which in Judges 9:53 and 2 Kings 9:35 is translated "skull"wink

* Bros, the correct Translation is SKULL.
Not Calvary borrowed from Latin language.
Your Bible was not written in Latin.

* The word "Ghost" is English corruption of Greek Pneuma which means "does Spirit".
"Ghost" NOT exist in any Hebrew or Greek bible.

* "The Tetragrammaton YHWH, Translated "Yahweh/Jehovah" or it's variation (Yeowah, Jehova) in many languages.
The name was omitted from many Bibles because , according to the Preface in many Bibles, the Jewish superstition, or tradition holds that the name is too holy for mere mortals to call or use in their daily lives.

As for those verses you claimed were omitted in the NIV/ESV, have you found out how those verses found their way into the KJV?

Please research and find out.
Why ?

Because the KJV is the product of a 16th century manuscript, Textus Receptus (Received Text) , which is a baby manuscript where far older great grandfather's of bible manuscripts exists.

Those verses were NOT removed, please confirm why they were omitted in NIV/ESV.

We are NOT living in the age of ignorance.
Shalom.
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:46am On Mar 03, 2021
KNOWMORE56:
I want to read the views/opinions of others in this forum before I start to share the full information sent to me.

Yes! The Bible has been wickedly and cunningly altered.

And as we say in Law, "Who stands to benefit from the offence/act of alteration?"

Only One, Satan and his very many children on earth!
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by sonmvayina(m): 11:49am On Mar 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

And as we say in Law, "Who stands to benefit from the offence/act of alteration?"

Lol...
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by sonmvayina(m): 11:52am On Mar 03, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

Copied:

VERY CRITICAL ALERT!!!

...you will not believe your eyes.

THE SOLUTION:

THEM.

I noticed all those passages are from the new testament. I am not surprised. They have been editing it right from the begining.. They only stoped in 1530 after the council of trent because a certain german has invented the printing press.

They can never alter Gods commandments as it is contained in the Torah. They can always edit their trash to meet up to Gods commandments...

Let them keep trying..
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 03, 2021
Just stick with your KJV Bible. It is the authorized version for English speakers and also the only pure and perfect word of God. The newer bible translations since the 19th century are perverted. Their manuscript came from Alexandria Egypt. Everything about Egypt in the Bible is negative, and it's a type of the world in the Bible. The KJV manuscript came from Antioch, Syria. Where was the disciples first called Christians in Acts 11? Of course it was in Antioch.

There are two reasons people change the word of God:
1. To make money
2. To establish their own authority. That is how a false congregation is formed like the JWs and the rest.
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Superpower(m): 12:31pm On Mar 03, 2021
iyambz:
Just stick with your KJV Bible. It is the authorized version for English speakers and also the only pure and perfect word of God. The newer bible translations since the 19th century are perverted. Their manuscript came from Alexandria Egypt. Everything about Egypt in the Bible is negative, and it's a type of the world in the Bible. The KJV manuscript came from Antioch, Syria. Where was the disciples first called Christians in Acts 11? Of course it was in Antioch.

1. To make money
2. To establish their own authority. That is how a false congregation is formed like the JWs and the rest.
Authorized by who?
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
Superpower:
Authorized by who?

Prov 26:4 kjv "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him."

1 Like

Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Superpower(m): 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2021
iyambz:

Prov 26:4 kjv "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him."
I asked a simple question and this what you resorted to.
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:57pm On Mar 03, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm this is really baffling, i thought you want to KNOW MORE! smiley
Well if you truthfully want to know what is happening adjustments were made due to the discovery of older manuscripts and continuous arguments over what is happening in the churches.
Jesus is the word of God, he explained that in the last days there will be confusion everywhere {Matthew 24:11} and the sacred secrets of God's word will only be revealed to a few. Matthew 24:45

Of course this few will be connected by a unique force (God's Holy Spirit) so that they can think alike and do everything as if they're sharing the same line of thought! John 17:20-23; 1Corinthians 1:10

Once this has been fulfilled whoever wants to know the truth about God only need to observe the fruit of God's Holy Spirit in the midst of those under the supervision (oversight) of the approved few {Matthew 7:16-18} all those who ignore or fail to take note of these words will remain in darkness spiritually speaking! Matthew 24:29

So God's own people will be blessed with timely spiritual nourishment {Isaiah 65:13} but those in confusion will be complaining due to frustration and disappointments from those leading them spiritually {Isaiah 65:14} during that time they will think they're on the same page with God's people then then then God will call his own people by another name "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" Isaiah 65:15

So you can continue deceiving yourselves with false reasoning as long as you're not on Jesus' side there can never be any agreement among you all of you will continue to divide as in SCATTER! Luke 11:23 smiley
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:20pm On Mar 03, 2021
Superpower:
Authorized by who?

Authorized by The Spirit of Truth!

The same Spirit which makes us believe you at one time when you say "Hi, my name is Segun" and we knew you were Truly a Segun and we accepted it.

Yet another time, a person said his name is "Kechi" and we believed him not and it later turns out that he was Osas!

Yes, that same Spirit tells us that KJV is Acceptable and Good and this is The Authority of the KJV!
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by KNOWMORE56: 3:40pm On Mar 03, 2021
Janosky:

Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers
(33) The place, which is called Calvary.--On the place and name, see Note on Matthew 27:33. As a matter of translation, it would clearly have been better either to give the Greek form (Cranion), or its meaning (= "skull"wink in English. The Vulgate, however, had given Calvarium, and that word had taken so strong a hold on men's minds, that it was apparently thought better, as in all the English versions, to retain it here. It is not without interest to note that the name which more than any other is associated with Protestant hymns and meditations on the atonement, should come to us from the Vulgate of the Latin Church.

Pulpit Commentary
Verses 33-49. - The Crucifixion. Verse 33. - And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary; literally, unto the place which is called the skull. The familiar name "Calvary" has its origin in the Vulgate translation, Calvarium, a skull. The name "Place of a skull," Golgotha (properly Gulgoltha, an Aramaic word נלגלתא, corresponding to the Hebrew Gulgoleth, גלגלת, which in Judges 9:53 and 2 Kings 9:35 is translated "skull"wink

* Bros, the correct Translation is SKULL.
Not Calvary borrowed from Latin language.
Your Bible was not written in Latin.

* The word "Ghost" is English corruption of Greek Pneuma which means "does Spirit".
"Ghost" NOT exist in any Hebrew or Greek bible.

* "The Tetragrammaton YHWH, Translated "Yahweh/Jehovah" or it's variation (Yeowah, Jehova) in many languages.
The name was omitted from many Bibles because , according to the Preface in many Bibles, the Jewish superstition, or tradition holds that the name is too holy for mere mortals to call or use in their daily lives.

As for those verses you claimed were omitted in the NIV/ESV, have you found out how those verses found their way into the KJV?

Please research and find out.
Why ?

Because the KJV is the product of a 16th century manuscript, Textus Receptus (Received Text) , which is a baby manuscript where far older great grandfather's of bible manuscripts exists.

Those verses were NOT removed, please confirm why they were omitted in NIV/ESV.

We are NOT living in the age of ignorance.
Shalom.

Which version is your preference?
2. Are you one of the editors?
I may like to ask you many questions...
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:58pm On Mar 03, 2021
Authorized by a Spirit that failed to unite the users of KJV, ordinary customers of a beer parlour are united by the taste of beer and they will think twice before raising weapons against one another due to what they shared.
But those believing in the KJV are killing themselves like no man's business.
SPIRIT Indeed! cheesy

Dtruthspeaker:

The same Spirit which makes us believe you at one time when you say "Hi, my name is Segun" and we knew you were Truly a Segun and we accepted it.

Yet another time, a person said his name is "Kechi" and we believed him not and it later turns out that he was Osas!

Yes, that same Spirit tells us that KJV is Acceptable and Good and this is The Authority of the KJV!

1 Like

Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:30pm On Mar 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Authorized by a Spirit that failed to unite the users of KJV, ordinary customers of a beer parlour are united by the taste of beer and they will think twice before raising weapons against one another due to what they shared.
SPIRIT Indeed! cheesy

I do not deny that some KJV adherents are really downright nasty, mean, abusive, proud, arrogant, envious, unyeilding, doing things that are not good and even shape-shifting so as to defend their views or press home their views as clearly Evident here in Nairaland.

However, in this world, it is seen that there is not Always 1 Truth in many cases.

A lot of timees there are Many Truths, and the case of the 10 Blind Men Describing an Elephant occurs.

But that does not mean that The Spirit of Truth has not Taken Hold of the KJV, after all it is still The same Spirit that gives the Power of Interpretation as happened to Joseph, David, Daniel etc.

1 Like

Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:46pm On Mar 03, 2021
The highlighted is a BIG LIE!

Worshipers of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are ever united in FAITH whenever you see a division then know that the devil owns such arena not the spirit of God! smiley

Dtruthspeaker:

I do not deny that some KJV adherents are really downright nasty, mean, abusive, proud, arrogant, envious, unyeilding, doing things that are not good and even shape-shifting so as to defend their views or press home their views as clearly Evident here in Nairaland.
However, in this world, it is seen that there is not Always 1 Truth in many cases.
A lot of timees there are Many Truths, and the case of the 10 Blind Men Describing an Elephant occurs.
But that does not mean that The Spirit of Truth has not Taken Hold of the KJV, after all it is still The same Spirit that gives the Power of Interpretation as happened to Joseph, David, Daniel etc.

1 Like

Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Janosky: 5:14pm On Mar 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Worshipers of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are ever united in FAITH whenever you see a division then know that the devil owns such arena not the spirit of God! smiley

These 3dogheads worshippers just dey DECEIVE themselves on this public forum. grin grin
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Janosky: 5:18pm On Mar 03, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

Which version is your preference?
2. Are you one of the editors?
I may like to ask you many questions...

I use several Bible Translations with References/Concordance for better clarity.

Bros, What's your question?
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Janosky: 5:21pm On Mar 03, 2021
Superpower:
I asked a simple question and this what you resorted to.
Superpower:
Authorized by who?

That guy seeks every opportunity to showcase his daftness grin
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Janosky: 5:24pm On Mar 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
SPIRIT Indeed! cheesy

Authorized by King James of England in the 16th century.
That is the reason that Bible is called King James Version/King James Bible/Authorized Version (AV).

King James is his own holy spirit
grin grin grin
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:25pm On Mar 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

grin "He who alleges Must Prove"

Since You say it is a Lie, Prove the Lie!

However, It would be an effort in futility for you and a complete emptiness to and for me for I derive no gain in your proof.

And I do not engage in unprofitable activities, thus, it is very sufficient for me that by Established Natural Truths combined with my rigorous testing, I Do Declare The KJV Bible Fit for Consumption by the General Public! grin
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Janosky: 5:28pm On Mar 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

ArticleMediaAdditional Info
Home
Philosophy & Religion
Scriptures
King James Version
sacred text

WRITTEN BY
The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica
Encyclopaedia Britannica's editors oversee subject areas in which they have extensive knowledge, whether from years of experience gained by working on that content or via study for an advanced degree....
Last Updated: Feb 2, 2021 See Article History
Alternative Titles: Authorized Version, King James Bible
King James Version (KJV), also called Authorized Version or King James Bible, English translation of the Bible, published in 1611 under the auspices of King James I of England. The translation had a marked influence on English literary style and was generally accepted as the standard English Bible from the mid-17th to the early 20th century"

SOURCE: www.brittanica.com.

Bros, so King James of England is your spirit of truth.

Wetin Musa no go see for gate?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Superpower(m): 5:29pm On Mar 03, 2021
Janosky:

That guy seeks every opportunity to showcase his daftness grin
I didn't know he was like that before I replied.I would have ignored.
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Janosky: 5:39pm On Mar 03, 2021
iyambz:

1. To make money
FALSE, MISLEADING information.
Iyam LIENUS, continue DECEIVING yourself.

Cc: Nairaland Moderators, violation of Rules 2 & 8.
Please take note.
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 03, 2021
Janosky:

Please take note.

Then why not thank your god if you believe that am not telling the truth and continue your foolishness instead of calling on NL moderators. That's reprobate. I'm not worried when someone attacks the KJV Bible. You know why? Because I just thank my God that they are not telling the truth.
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2021
Janosky:

Bros, so King James of England is your spirit of truth.

Wetin Musa no go see for gate?

grin grin grin grin

Mischief Maker!

"He deviseth mischief upon his bed; he setteth himself in a way that is not good; he abhorreth not evil.

It is you who said "so King James of England is your spirit of truth", not i, for what I said is Clearly Recorded up.there.
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by KNOWMORE56: 6:41pm On Mar 03, 2021
Janosky:

I use several Bible Translations with References/Concordance for better clarity.

Bros, What's your question?

My simple 2 questions in the post you are replying to have not been answered

1. Which version is your preference?
2. Are you one of the editors of NIV and ESV?
Because I have many questions to ask in this regard...
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by KNOWMORE56: 6:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
iyambz:

1. To make money

Thanks, I will always make the KJV my number 1.

1 Like

Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by BassReeves: 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

Dtruthspeaker:

iyambz:

1. To make money

Janosky:

Please take note.

BassReeves:
[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-2-0d6047fb8a39.jpg[/img]
Preface to RSV Bible:
Confirming scriptural errors in King James Version

It is a biblical fact and conventional wisdom that no translation of scripture is God inspired. Do not make the mistake that translation of scripture, necessarily, is divinely inspired.

The first hand written English language Bible manuscripts were produced by John Wycliffe, and this, well before translators of the King James Version that you clearly are besotted with. Next, is John Knox, who, determined to produce a Bible that would educate his and other families while they are in exile, produced the Geneva Bible, which happened to be, the first Bible to add numbered verses to the chapters, so that referencing specific passages would be easier. Every chapter was also accompanied by extensive marginal notes and references so thorough and complete that it made the Geneva Bible to also be known as the first English 'Study Bible'

You may go fact check if the Geneva Bible didnt become the Bible of choice for over 100 years for English speaking believers. In fact, between 1560 and 1644, at least 144 editions of this Bible were published. William Shakespeare, quotes hundreds of times in his plays, from the Geneva translation of the Bible and not from King James Version, as some one like you would erroneously claim he does. Check this out, examination of the 1611 King James Bible shows clearly that its translators were influenced much more by the Geneva Bible, than by any other source, so what is the big deal or what is the feeble point you are trying to make harping and bleating about translators of the King James Version.

Did you see above and read how from the preface of RSV, the translators of the King James Version that you are besotted with and whose Bible, you hold as the most standard of all Bible versions, are lambasted by the Revised Standard Version? I am sure you even don't know that translators of the King James Version, actually had it printed solely to compete with the Protestant Geneva Bible.
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by KNOWMORE56: 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Hmm, ok...
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:48pm On Mar 03, 2021
Just read what you typed with your own hands in the bolded and imagine the hardheartedness! smiley

Well JWs aren't out to convince people like you, we deliver our messages when many are involved it's the sowers work not our work, he commissioned the work and told us not to worry about people like you! Matthew 10:16

So i'll go ahead and prove it!
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob brought out the Israelites out of Egypt a nation of twelve tribes but when they divided this God stood with the Southern two tribes namely Judah and Benjamin, the other ten tribes still nurse the idea that God will accept their worship despite the division.
What does God's only begotten son (Jesus) have to say when asked a question on the issue? Well Jesus said the Spirit doesn't dwell in disunity so "Salvation is of the Jews" (the southern two tribes of Israel) John 4:20-22
So the division, strife, contention, jealousy, hatred contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings among the users of KJV is clear indication of condemnation! Galatians 5:20

Take it or leave it! smiley

Dtruthspeaker:

grin "He who alleges Must Prove"

Since You say it is a Lie, Prove the Lie!

However, It would be an effort in futility for you and a complete emptiness to and for me for I derive no gain in your proof.

And I do not engage in unprofitable activities, thus, it is very sufficient for me that by Established Natural Truths combined with my rigorous testing, I Do Declare The KJV Bible Fit for Consumption by the General Public! grin
Re: Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? by KNOWMORE56: 6:49pm On Mar 03, 2021
sonmvayina:

I noticed all those passages are from the new testament. I am not surprised. They have been editing it right from the begining.. They only stoped in 1530 after the council of trent because a certain german has invented the printing press.

They can never alter Gods commandments as it is contained in the Torah. They can always edit their trash to meet up to Gods commandments...

Let them keep trying..

"THEY CAN ALWAYS EDIT THEIR TRASH TO MEET UP TO GOD'S COMMANDMENTS..."

The above statement makes a lot of sense to me.

Some people here will say that the light is getting brighter...

Thanks anyway.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded / Help! I Dont See Anywhere Females Where Baptised By The Apostles / The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.