Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,352 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory (31939 Views)

AnambraDecides: Soludo's 90-Year-Old Father Hugs Him As They Celebrate (Video) / Bola Tinubu Gets Kiss From Wife As They Celebrate Valentine Together. Photos / Ogun 2019: Dapo Abiodun Urges Amosun To Support His Governorship Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2019
Wike's security measure is zero... life is cheaper in phc than the groundnut he received.

God protect innocent lives in rivers state and the entire Nation from leaders ( everyone of them) who re only after their personal interests and financial gains.

Still waiting for a better Nigeria.
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by coputa(m): 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2019
LoveMachine:
Only white foreigners get construction contracts? Embarrassing...
They are the only one's who can deliver
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by forayfleo(m): 7:56pm On Apr 07, 2019
That is my Governor and we voted wisely proudly Rivers.
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by LoveMachine(m): 9:52pm On Apr 07, 2019
freemanbubble:

Bros
Our engineers nor know anything. Them dull finish. Be it electrical, civil, chemical, mechanical, petroleum, computer,structural engineer
All of them dull finish. Give them the contract and you will see how they themselves will award that same contract to a white man again because they have no Idea on what to do

When I left secondary school way back then I worked in one electrical project in Edo state
Could you imagine the contract was awarded to marubeni engineering West Africa limited (MEWAL)
The stupid marubeni because they were dumb now seek the service of ECS ( one electrical company in Asia)
And behold ECS now use their people from India, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia to carry out the job
So most of the workers were now expatriate
Assuming marubeni know what they are doing and how to go about the project. Don't you see most of the workers would have been Nigerians
So which means our government is not only the people causing unemployment
Our engineers are also causing unemployment because they are young and dumb

So you're telling me in a nation of 180 million people no one is qualified?
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by LoveMachine(m): 9:53pm On Apr 07, 2019
Agugbadin:

Because they are very thorough and don't cut corners. They were not the builders of any collapse building in this country, they abide by international engineering standards and applied world best practices. Go back to history when Amechi was governor he tried local contractors and they failed him woefully

So in a country of 180 million people there is no company that doesn't cut corners?
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by LoveMachine(m): 9:55pm On Apr 07, 2019
blizzers:

Please our many homegrown construction companies do we have that are competent enough to handle projects that can stand test of time.....So long they can handle it well, no bigge

In a country that is facing massive unemployment and monumental brain drain to the rest of the world, you genuinely believe there aren't hundreds of competent companies among 180 million+ Nigerians?
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by LoveMachine(m): 9:57pm On Apr 07, 2019
Asour:

White?

Those aren't whites.

Arabs/Middle Easterners/Mediterranean People are considered white/Caucasian.
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by LoveMachine(m): 10:00pm On Apr 07, 2019
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
Nigerian issues tire person, if you give Nigerian engineer the same contract, as soon as he collect mobilisation fee. He will disappear to Dubai and buy Range Rover. He will return after a new government take over and parade himself as engineer again or they will do substandard job that will kill people at the end.

That's an issue of the governor not being thorough enough to study the company's track record or follow the progress of the project. The reason things like that occur are because the governor just stole the money and used the company to siphon the funds. Are you saying we go to school for no reason? Or are you calling the rest of the world crazy for hiring our graduates?
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by LoveMachine(m): 10:01pm On Apr 07, 2019
Pavarottii:

Is like u don't like better thing abi?

So in your opinion, Non-Black = better ?
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by LoveMachine(m): 10:02pm On Apr 07, 2019
coputa:
They are the only one's who can deliver

This is disappointing to read. Please never complain about unemployment, the state of the country or the perception of Nigeria & Nigerians again. Your inferiority complex is beyond repair.
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by Delivar(m): 10:07pm On Apr 07, 2019
LoveMachine:
Only white foreigners get construction contracts? Embarrassing...
I thought I was the only one irritated by this.
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by Asour: 10:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
LoveMachine:

Arabs/Middle Easterners/Mediterranean People are considered white/Caucasian.

Really? I seriously didn't know Arabs are referred to as whites.

Generally though I don't know of a truly Nigerian (Read: Senior Technical Staff/Experts) Road Construction firm that has effectively delivered Landmark Large scale road projects. Again I am no Road expert just mere observation.
Setraco looked like the Nigerian unicorn in this regard(even though they are partly foreign owned), Alas, they obviously underperformed in their (I suppose) most landmark project: AKA the uncompleteable East/West Road.
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by coputa(m): 10:23pm On Apr 07, 2019
LoveMachine:

This is disappointing to read. Please never complain about unemployment, the state of the country or the perception of Nigeria & Nigerians again. Your inferiority complex is beyond repair.
Name one sustainable infrastructure that was built by a Nigeria firm.Those buildings collapsing all over the country were built by our bow tie engineers
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by coputa(m): 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2019
LoveMachine:

So you're telling me in a nation of 180 million people no one is qualified?
Numbers doesn't count but the values of the people.To get one in Nigeria is like looking for a needle in a haystack, that's the truth.
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:43pm On Apr 07, 2019
coputa:
Name one sustainable infrastructure that was built by a Nigeria firm.Those buildings collapsing all over the country were built by our bow tie engineers

Don't mind that guy bro, the level of mediocrity in Nigeria is appalling, even in the oil sector, ordinary foreign technician with just diploma/certification is more experienced and competent than the so called Nigerian university graduate engineers. Too many theories, no practical.
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by LoveMachine(m): 12:58am On Apr 08, 2019
Delivar:

I thought I was the only one irritated by this.

THANK YOU! It's the height of disrespect! Read through and see the gutless self-defeated responses I received.

That's the very reason I don't respect the Eko Atlantic Project. With all our brilliant mind we outsource our crown jewel mouth piece project to a Lebanese company. We have no pride whatsoever!
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by LoveMachine(m): 1:13am On Apr 08, 2019
coputa:

In less than 15 minutes, I was able to find multiple INDIGENOUS companies that have done a plethora of jobs.

https://interkel-group.com/
http://megastarnig.com/
http://www.constructionkaiser.com/
http://www.bluelineprojects.com/
http://brickhouse-ng.com/
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by LoveMachine(m): 1:13am On Apr 08, 2019
coputa:
Numbers doesn't count but the values of the people.To get one in Nigeria is like looking for a needle in a haystack, that's the truth.

In less than 15 minutes, I found some needles. Look on their sites and check their projects.

Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by LoveMachine(m): 1:15am On Apr 08, 2019
Asour:

Really? I seriously didn't know Arabs are referred to as whites.

Generally though I don't know of a truly Nigerian (Read: Senior Technical Staff/Experts) Road Construction firm that has effectively delivered Landmark Large scale road projects. Again I am no Road expert just mere observation.
Setraco looked like the Nigerian unicorn in this regard(even though they are partly foreign owned), Alas, they obviously underperformed in their (I suppose) most landmark project: AKA the uncompleteable East/West Road.

Yep yep! Kardashians, Bin-Ladens, Putins & Divacs are all considered white folks.

What you are discussing is looting. The problem is that the indigenous companies that get these contracts are owned by stooges with no competence. You honestly believe that no Nigerian company can complete a major project? Because I did a quick search and found these companies.

You mean to tell me an Executive Governor, NASS member, MDA head or other official who is equipped with a full staff can't find more?
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by Nathphil(m): 8:53am On Apr 08, 2019
magzey:
Which party did wike defeated ?
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by micxwell(m): 9:05am On Apr 08, 2019
Agugbadin:

Bro you have said it all, is it the engineers that graduated from a strike infected school and still graduated with a first class from school like FUTO that will know something, forget it don't you see collapsed building all over the country they were built by Nigeria engineers
You are right dear bro but most of those collapsed structures have been compromised in the aspect of safety while trying to reduce cost. And many are built without consulting experienced engineers. When I started learning concrete design, the first research I had to undertake was basically on material strength. No preliminary material strength test and site investigation anymore people just build all in a bid to save cost.
Most of the reinforcements we have nowadays are retreaded mild steels which are being sold as "high yield steel bars". They're used without putting those factors into consideration. That also applies to concrete mix as well because not all cement with ratio 1:2:4 can achieve the generally known 28day strength of concrete but many masons don't know that.

The clients too have their own fair share of the blame as well. I co-supervised a project at P&G's plant in Ibadan. I overheard their project engineer saying a particular company does quality jobs but they can't foot their bill for now.

You can blame our Engineers when structures built by the likes of " Etteh Aro & Partners, BCL Construction, Intecon Partnership, Arup & Partners, Morgan Omonitan & Abe Ltd, PinConsult Associates Ltd, Hitech etc. are flat on the ground.

Lastly, many of us are just too greedy, not that we don't know the right thing but we think profit before safety but we forgot that quality is what brings more jobs to our doorstep. The "STOMACH" or should I say "GREED" drives our thought process in this country. We are just too self-centered.
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by Delivar(m): 10:21am On Apr 09, 2019
LoveMachine:

THANK YOU! It's the height of disrespect! Read through and see the gutless self-defeated responses I received.

That's the very reason I don't respect the Eko Atlantic Project. With all our brilliant mind we outsource our crown jewel mouth piece project to a Lebanese company. We have no pride whatsoever!
Many of us think it's only the white man who says blacks can't do certain things. Unfortunately even blacks themselves even believe he can't do things and that's shameful. What is the essence of crying of racism when the black man looks down on himself? Even if we don't have enough experienced individuals to handle the job like some people would say as an excuse, why not improve our standard of education then? Continuously depending on foreigners to handle our projects is only a disgraceful self admission that Nigerians are dumb. Another one that irritates me is when the elites travel overseas for medical care just because of headache.

1 Like

Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by LoveMachine(m): 11:08am On Apr 09, 2019
Delivar:

Many of us think it's only the white man who says blacks can't do certain things. Unfortunately even blacks themselves even believe he can't do things and that's shameful. What is the essence of crying of racism when the black man looks down on himself? Even if we don't have enough experienced individuals to handle the job like some people would say as an excuse, why not improve our standard of education then? Continuously depending on foreigners to handle our projects is only a disgraceful self admission that Nigerians are dumb. Another one that irritates me is when the elites travel overseas for medical care just because of headache.

Everyone else can see/harness & utilize our greatness but somehow Nigeria just can't/won't get it right. This thread is one of my saddest experiences on NL. That last thing I was expecting was all this self-defeat.

In a country with 180 million+ people and countless billionaire not one world class hospital has been built? We might have some of the most gutless & visionless upper class to ever exist. To blame governance is a tired excuse. In sane climes, when government fails that is when the private sector intervenes to fill in the gaps. But in Nigeria's rare case the private and government are in co-hoots to keep everything in a failed state.

One of my favorite things in life is when I bump into a like minded individual by chance. BLESS YOU! We are on the exact same page! Rather than fortify and strengthen our institutions all we do is say, "they are better" but the rest of the world is busy poaching or so-called sub-standard professionals.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/nigeria-medical-brain-drain-healthcare-woes-doctors-flee-190407210251424.html
https://www.thecable.ng/how-saudi-officials-wooed-nigerian-doctors-in-lagos-abuja

Eventually, all these old bastards will die and we'll have our tiny window to take back our country. Until that day, let's stay alive and keep preparing for the moment. Blessings fam.
Re: Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory by sharonswizzy: 1:37pm On Apr 09, 2019
freemanbubble:

Bros
Our engineers nor know anything. Them dull finish. Be it electrical, civil, chemical, mechanical, petroleum, computer,structural engineer
All of them dull finish. Give them the contract and you will see how they themselves will award that same contract to a white man again because they have no Idea on what to do

When I left secondary school way back then I worked in one electrical project in Edo state
Could you imagine the contract was awarded to marubeni engineering West Africa limited (MEWAL)
The stupid marubeni because they were dumb now seek the service of ECS ( one electrical company in Asia)
And behold ECS now use their people from India, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia to carry out the job
So most of the workers were now expatriate
Assuming marubeni know what they are doing and how to go about the project. Don't you see most of the workers would have been Nigerians
So which means our government is not only the people causing unemployment
Our engineers are also causing unemployment because they are young and dumb

we need people like u in this country...we must do something... lets turn around things in this country...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Hands Over Official Vehicles To Abia State Judiciary Judges (Pics) / Boko Haram Can No Longer Confront Nigerian Soldiers – Major General / Yakubu Dogara Resumes Work As Speaker (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.