Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:13 AM

'shut Down Sars', Protesters Demand - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'shut Down Sars', Protesters Demand (293 Views)

Abia Protesters Demand End To Ebubeagu (pics/video) / Happening Now!! Angry IWO Youths Burn Down SARS Office / Send Me And I Will Lock Down #SARS Hq (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'shut Down Sars', Protesters Demand by ThePreachersSon: 4:01pm On Apr 07, 2019
Some young Nigerians have been protesting in the country's commercial hub, Lagos, asking the government to get rid of a controversial unit in the country’s police force.

The Special Anti-Robbery Squad, known as Sars, has been accused of killing innocent citizens.

Friday's protest was triggered by the recent killing of a young man, Kolade Johnson, by a police officer.

Sars has not commented on this killing or others that it has been accused of being involved in.

The protesters carried placards with inscriptions like "Sars stop killing innocent people" and "government should scrap Sars".

Adelaja Adeoye, who called the protest, said the government must investigate Sars and all the officials who are alleged to have been involved in the deaths.

There were similar protests in other cities.

Re: 'shut Down Sars', Protesters Demand by Elagancy: 4:08pm On Apr 07, 2019
endsars
Re: 'shut Down Sars', Protesters Demand by orisa37: 5:39pm On Apr 07, 2019
Supported

(1) (Reply)

Lee Rigby’s Killers Reportedly Making A Bid To Serve The Rest Of His Sentence In / I Am Happy Naira Marley Was Arrested – Ruggedman Mocks Him (video) / Generator Fume Kills Two Siblings In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.