Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu (16175 Views)

Hakeem Baba-Ahmed: By 2023, APC Would Have Completely Wrecked Nigeria / Abdulaziz Yari, The Most Useless Governor In Nigeria - Kadaria Ahmed / Kadaria Ahmed Final Poll Results On INEC Chairman's Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by eyeview: 4:16pm On Apr 07, 2019
✍️Charles Ogbu.

Dear Kadaria,

I just watched a video clip of your #March4Zamfara. First, I must commend you for calling attention to the deteriorating security situation in Zamfara state. What is happening in that state and most states in Nigeria proves that our country is currently being led by a President and Commander-In-Chief whose rank as a General in the Army ought to be investigated. Our silence over it is nothing short of a moral tragedy.

But there is a part I don't understand in that video clip of yours. And that is the part where, while being interviewed, you described the Zamfara State governor, Abdulaziz Yari as "The most useless governor in the history of Nigeria" (your exact word) for failing to curtail kidnapping and banditry in the state.

Forgive my ignorance, dear Kadaria but between a President and Commander-In-Chief who controls the entire security agencies and a State governor who has no control over his own police commissioner, who better deserve that tag of "The most useless leader in the history of Nigeria" with regards to the Zamfara Security problem??

In case you've forgotten, Madam, in 2016 when the Fulani herdsmen complained that thieves were rustling their cows in that same Zamfara, it was not governor Yari that acted to stop cattle rustling. It was President Muhammad Buhari who donned a military uniform for the very first time since leaving power in 1985 to launch a special military task force against CATTLE RUSTLING.

In case, you've forgotten again, during the reign of President Goodluck Jonathan, each time Boko Haram struck in the Northeast, it was always President Jonathan you, Kadaria Ahmed, blamed for not using his power as commander-in-chief to stop the activities of the terrorists. You never for once blamed any governor of the affected state. Not once.

So, what has changed??

Why are you suddenly shifting the burden of securing Nigerians from the President and commander in Chief who controls all the security agencies to a state governor whose personal security can be withdrawn by the President

This is double standard on your part, dear Kadaria.

May I remind you that as a journalist, you are in a contract with the Nigerian people and part of your obligation in the said contract includes informing, educating and entertaining the public in a way that is completely devoid of your personal prejudices and biases. You can support your favorite politicians. It is no crime. It is not even unethical. What is unacceptable is you using the platform offered you by the Journalism profession to twist news and information with a view to misinforming the people just so you can protect your favorite politicians like you just did in the video clip under review.

And sadly, dear Kadaria, this is not the first time you are using your official position as a journalist to 'afflict the already afflicted masses while comforting the already comfortable Politicians'.

In the course of the debate for the just ended 2019 Poll, you had the opportunity of grilling the President on the security situation in the entire country but you chose not to even when security of lives and property is the number one duty of any government.

In Kaduna state where a man, Mallam Nasir Elrufai, married to your sister, is the governor, you have never spoken out against the mindless killing of the Southern Kaduna people by Fulani terrorists herdsmen neither have you ever condemned the one-sided arrests your brother-in-law governor is carrying out against the people of Southern Kaduna. Even when the governor publicly admitted paying the killer herdsmen, you didn't say a word in condemnation. As I type this, the people of Southern Kaduna no longer sleep in their homes. Yet, in your video clip where you mentioned states with security challenges, you conveniently omitted Kaduna state.

Why??

Do their lives not matter?

Quite frankly, dear Kadaria, people like yourself make the Nigerian media look like a 'Cash-And-Carry' affair instead of the fourth Estate of Realm the Constitution recognised the Press as.

There should be a time when we show loyalty to our friends and favorite politicians but there must never be a time when we do that at the expense of truth, integrity and fairness to both man and God.

May peace be with you, Madam Kadaria.

158 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 07, 2019
Hypocrisy is just second nature to some people

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by bakila: 4:36pm On Apr 07, 2019
Kadaria is part of Zombie united of the we are not angry but pissed up genre.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by johnmartus(m): 4:39pm On Apr 07, 2019
I will advise you to tag her on Twitter or Instagram instead of this kids dominated called nairaland. Except you copy and paste. However mrs. Kadaria sound unintelligent for criticized the governor in fact I'm expecting her to tender unreserved apology letter to the governor on the national newspaper page and state radio

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by dawno2008(m): 5:12pm On Apr 07, 2019
Beauty with no brains lipsrsealed
Not just kadira alone,but the generality of the northern people are like that,i.e. turning a blind eye to bad leadership within themselves,but can castigate or rubbish any good leader who is not one of them,

The level of development in the northern region clearly shows this,they hide behind religion and tribal sentiments and what you get is very high rate of poverty and illiteracy which their rulers use to limit the people

This was how boko haram started in that very northern region,the so called elites turned blind eyes simply cos the boko boys started with Christians aka "kafir"or "infidels",even our lifeless antique of a President then stood behind this boko boys believes,but after the boys got tired with innocent Christians in their mist,they turn to the same people who hid and support them,pls tell me has the boko boys stop bombing of mosques yet?

That's how they always hide their head in the sand,when the killings was rapid and everyday occurrence in the middle belt region i.e. plateau,benue,taraba,and nasarawa the so called northern elders were on vacations,thinking it's not their business,or maybe they know they boys carrying out the havoc is their sons,but today the same set of boys as turn to feast on thier region too

It's as if the northern region is against transparent,accountable,reliable,scientific,infrastructural,economical,and all round beautiful and meaningful developments,and are ready to bring every region to their level

They know who to blame,they won't simply because he's their demi god

129 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2019
Hhmmm... Naija & deep dirty politics.
Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by PopeFlatino(m): 10:37pm On Apr 07, 2019
F
Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by HajimeSaito(m): 10:40pm On Apr 07, 2019
Was anyone really expecting Ahmed to risk career suicide by actually trying to be objective?
I've always said that employees in state media houses are not journalists. They are civil servants try to earn a pay-cheque �.
Wetin concern dem with ethics and principles?
Nobody intelligent that I know actually watches NTA news.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by Memphitz537(m): 10:40pm On Apr 07, 2019
APC and Hypocrisy na like Gala and Lacasera!!!
One cannot do without the other.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by chrisifeanyi: 10:42pm On Apr 07, 2019
Kadaria is a fool

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by manitoba(m): 10:42pm On Apr 07, 2019
Kady, over to you.
Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by aguiyi2: 10:43pm On Apr 07, 2019
This write up is the truth laid bare.Hypocrisy will lead us nowhere.

13 Likes

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by justli: 10:44pm On Apr 07, 2019
Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by Memphitz537(m): 10:44pm On Apr 07, 2019
dawno2008:
Beauty with no brains lipsrsealed
Not just kadira alone,but the generality of the northern people are like that,i.e. turning a blind eye to bad leadership within themselves,but can castigate or rubbish any good leader who is not one of them,

The level of development in the northern region clearly shows this,they hide behind religion and tribal sentiments and what you get is very high rate of poverty and illiteracy which their rulers use to limit the people

This was how boko haram started in that very northern region,the so called elites turned blind eyes simply cos the boko boys started with Christians aka "kafir"or "infidels",even our lifeless antique of a President then stood behind this boko boys believes,but after the boys got tired with innocent Christians in their mist,they turn to the same people who hid and support them,pls tell me has the boko boys stop bombing of mosques yet?

That's how they always hide their head in the sand,when the killings was rapid and everyday occurrence in the middle belt region i.e. plateau,benue,taraba,and nasarawa the so called northern elders were on vacations,thinking it's not their business,or maybe they know they boys carrying out the havoc is their sons,but today the same set of boys as turn to feast on thier region too

It's as if the northern region is against transparent,accountable,reliable,scientific,infrastructural,economical,and all round beautiful and meaningful developments,and are ready to bring every region to their level

They know who to blame,they won't simply because he's their demi god
The alarming rate of poverty in the North shows no sign of reducing. And to think that the richest black man in the world comes from a region that is the poverty capital of the world.
Alarming contrast undecided undecided

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by Guyman02: 10:45pm On Apr 07, 2019
She is a hypocrite by blaming Yari as if Yari is now the commander in chief of the armed forces.

The Zamfara insurgency has been at its peak before the elections, she knew that very well but decided not to ask Buhari critical questions about his non existent plans for tackling the matter, she tried to ridicule the opposition candidates.

Now she is crying wolf when she is sure that Buhari has won re-election.

I won't be surprised to see her eating dinner at the next APC victory dinner party.

27 Likes

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by AkhereOkaka(m): 10:47pm On Apr 07, 2019
eyeview:

✍️Charles Ogbu.

Dear Kadaria,

I just watched a video clip of your #March4Zamfara. First, I must commend you for calling attention to the deteriorating security situation in Zamfara state. What is happening in that state and most states in Nigeria proves that our country is currently being led by a President and Commander-In-Chief whose rank as a General in the Army ought to be investigated. Our silence over it is nothing short of a moral tragedy.

But there is a part I don't understand in that video clip of yours. And that is the part where, while being interviewed, you described the Zamfara State governor, Abdulaziz Yari as "The most useless governor in the history of Nigeria" (your exact word) for failing to curtail kidnapping and banditry in the state.

Forgive my ignorance, dear Kadaria but between a President and Commander-In-Chief who controls the entire security agencies and a State governor who has no control over his own police commissioner, who better deserve that tag of "The most useless leader in the history of Nigeria" with regards to the Zamfara Security problem??

In case you've forgotten, Madam, in 2016 when the Fulani herdsmen complained that thieves were rustling their cows in that same Zamfara, it was not governor Yari that acted to stop cattle rustling. It was President Muhammad Buhari who donned a military uniform for the very first time since leaving power in 1985 to launch a special military task force against CATTLE RUSTLING.

In case, you've forgotten again, during the reign of President Goodluck Jonathan, each time Boko Haram struck in the Northeast, it was always President Jonathan you, Kadaria Ahmed, blamed for not using his power as commander-in-chief to stop the activities of the terrorists. You never for once blamed any governor of the affected state. Not once.

So, what has changed??

Why are you suddenly shifting the burden of securing Nigerians from the President and commander in Chief who controls all the security agencies to a state governor whose personal security can be withdrawn by the President

This is double standard on your part, dear Kadaria.

May I remind you that as a journalist, you are in a contract with the Nigerian people and part of your obligation in the said contract includes informing, educating and entertaining the public in a way that is completely devoid of your personal prejudices and biases. You can support your favorite politicians. It is no crime. It is not even unethical. What is unacceptable is you using the platform offered you by the Journalism profession to twist news and information with a view to misinforming the people just so you can protect your favorite politicians like you just did in the video clip under review.

And sadly, dear Kadaria, this is not the first time you are using your official position as a journalist to 'afflict the already afflicted masses while comforting the already comfortable Politicians'.

In the course of the debate for the just ended 2019 Poll, you had the opportunity of grilling the President on the security situation in the entire country but you chose not to even when security of lives and property is the number one duty of any government.

In Kaduna state where a man, Mallam Nasir Elrufai, married to your sister, is the governor, you have never spoken out against the mindless killing of the Southern Kaduna people by Fulani terrorists herdsmen neither have you ever condemned the one-sided arrests your brother-in-law governor is carrying out against the people of Southern Kaduna. Even when the governor publicly admitted paying the killer herdsmen, you didn't say a word in condemnation. As I type this, the people of Southern Kaduna no longer sleep in their homes. Yet, in your video clip where you mentioned states with security challenges, you conveniently omitted Kaduna state.

Why??

Do their lives not matter?

Quite frankly, dear Kadaria, people like yourself make the Nigerian media look like a 'Cash-And-Carry' affair instead of the fourth Estate of Realm the Constitution recognised the Press as.

There should be a time when we show loyalty to our friends and favorite politicians but there must never be a time when we do that at the expense of truth, integrity and fairness to both man and God.

May peace be with you, Madam Kadaria.

My thought when I watched the video, why is she playing to the gallery? How can you accuse a sitting Governor with such appellation when you know vividly he does not have control of a commissioner of police in his state, I'm amazed the kind of journalism been practise by her(Kadaria)

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by jchioma: 10:47pm On Apr 07, 2019
Truth be told, Buhari is the most useless president in the history of Nigeria. He keeps shifting blames for his failures.

It's a pity we may be stuck with the dullard for some time to come.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by allsaint2000: 10:48pm On Apr 07, 2019
After the disaster on national TV that she hosted prior to the election, this is just a campaign to earn back some credibility for herself. But Nigerians are smarter now.

Meanwhile, the car that your are looking for might be in this collection.

Click the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/5121586/car-looking-might-car-collection

6 Likes

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:51pm On Apr 07, 2019
kadaria amazes me to have lampoon yari and left out Buhari... Buhari commands d Armed Forces appoint d ig who deploy state police commissioners...when pple kip shouting let's review,rejig or restructure our system de say we are mad...if u call yari and leave out Buhari u are a blatant hypocrite simple...

30 Likes

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by ThePointMan(m): 11:05pm On Apr 07, 2019
Honestly, the writer deserves big commendation.

This piece is �% perfect!

Worded with truth!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by Mgbadike80: 11:13pm On Apr 07, 2019
David Onwuchekwa, Nnewi

Hoodlums suspected to be herdsmen at the weekend stormed Anambra West Local Government Area of Anambra State, leaving six people dead, some of them beheaded.

An eyewitness, Mr Orjiako Nnaluo (Ideh Anam) who spoke to journalists said that the herdsmen stormed farm settlements known as Agweopia Camp, Iyiogbu Camp and Iyinkolo, respectively around 5:40a.m and started killing people, burning houses and raping many women.

Mr Nnaluo said before people of the area could know what was going on, the herdsmen had killed six people, leaving about 30 others with various degrees of injuries.

The injured, he said, are currently receiving treatment in an undisclosed hospital.

He called on the Anambra State government to quickly come to their rescue, saying that all the local farmers had all deserted the area.

He said that the farmers were trying to recover from a previous attack by the herdsmen, which he said claimed three lives.

He said the governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano was aware of the case and had promised to resolve it.

Speaking on the incident, the Anglican Bishop of Mbamili Diocese, the Rt. Rev. Henry Okechukwu Okeke condemned the killings by the attackers, describing it as unfortunate, obnoxious and inhuman.

“This is a very unfortunate incident because these are core farmers. They are the food basket of Anambra State. Definitely, it is going to affect not only the economy of our state, but the country generally. It has been confirmed, I got the news this morning about the killings. Now, following the incident, farmers have left their farmlands. The Fulani people are also on the run. So, it is an unfortunate situation. I want to say it clearly that the Federal Government has the key. They must not sit down and watch people being killed by the herdsmen and their farms being destroyed. But Fulani men have been around here for some years now, but the recent destruction of farms has brought about unhealthy situations.

“The Federal Government actually has to do something. They should summon the leaders of the herdsmen and the rest of them. I think with that this fire can be quenched now. The government of Anambra State instructed farmers through their Igwes to allow herdsmen graze their cattle, but the word ‘allow’ must be interpreted because when you say allow, what do you mean? Is it to allow them to graze and destroy farms crops? Is it to allow them to continue to cause trouble? If you allow someone to stay in your land and do his business, there must be restrictions, there must be a border line, of course, you know that 99.9 per cent of Anambra West are farmers. They are farmers or do you expect farmers to fold their arms and watch the herdsmen kill them and destroy their farms? Anambra West is a hospitable environment people who are so much accommodating. They have accommodated the herdsmen over the years, who have turned against them, killing and maiming their hosts, “ the bishop said.

Bishop Okeke, however, advised the youths of Anambra West not to take the laws into their hands even as he called on the stakeholders to intervene, adding that Anambra West was vibrating as the youths have now prepared themselves against sudden attack by the herdsmen.

He further decried the lack of presence of security men in the council.

In the same vein, the Anambra West Youth President, Mr John David called on the youths to remain calm and law-abiding, noting that the issue would soon be resolved.

When contacted on phone, the Anambra State Police Command Spokesman, Mr Haruna Muhammed (SP) said: “How do you know they are Fulani herdsmen. The attackers are not confirmed yet. There was an incident at Anambra West Local Government Area and police are still investigating it.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/suspected-herdsmen-kill-6-behead-farmers-in-anambra/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by BrutusOj(m): 11:17pm On Apr 07, 2019
bakila:
An arrogant zombie who is feeling like one concerned Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by Niceman4u(m): 11:41pm On Apr 07, 2019
NOHOLDSBAR:
Retarded brainwashed Biafra monkeys always crying and wailing more the the bereaved. When killings were going on under the clueless Jonathan, didn't these Biafra animals claim that it was all a plot to remove Jonathan? Didn't Jona himslef claim that the North was just trying to make him look bad? I wonder who's trying to make Buhari look bad right now. Hypocrisy of the highest order.
seems u left ur brain in the toilet? was the not right in that write up?
y would u want to die in being myopic?

6 Likes

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by WenysAD(f): 11:54pm On Apr 07, 2019
bakila:

.....but a "LITTLE" pissed....

3 Likes

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by GTtruth(m): 12:02am On Apr 08, 2019
that's one stuffs I don't like I'm Nigeria journalism, they tend to be very strong willed to what they hate and low caution to a liked personality, they are just not worthy to fight any course of freedom, if you call the radio station to err your view and says some certain things they cut you off but when a politician says such to a civilian like the case of Osho to the woman whom he said go and die they will err it over and over again, but if you deem it fit to say your mind on that they will cut you off, kadaria i know is not whom she potrays herself to be, she is just too full of her bias attitude and you will think she knows what she is doing, let's leave this paid buhari journalist#GT#

3 Likes

Re: Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu by ibietela2(m): 12:10am On Apr 08, 2019
This is why we said RESTRUCTURE the useless country

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo 2020: Ali Olanusi Reveals Why APC May Lose Governorship Election / Jewel Cianeh Visits Yahaya Bello: Says Bello is the type of Leader Africa Needs / Akpanudoedehe Absent As Buni, Sani Bello, CECPC Members Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.