Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Cooperate/legalised Fraud In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cooperate/legalised Fraud In Nigeria (563 Views)

Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega / No Evidence Of Electoral Fraud In River State -jega / Anambra PDP Will Cooperate With APGA — Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cooperate/legalised Fraud In Nigeria by orangemen: 7:37am On Sep 12, 2010
i am a user of the new PHCN meter card system of payment.
i bought the units in a quantity that was big enough to have lasted for like 11 months.
at the expiration of that units, i was very happy over this new system that has made me use according to my budget.
i was surprised when i got to the payment center only to be told that i am owning them to the tone of N11,050.
according to them, that was service charge which i have to pay even when i have units in my meter.
my arguement that is not possible to owe them when i still have unit unused held no water hence i paid.
close to one month now, my side has not seen light and this will not affect the monthly service charge which means i am going to pay for service that i did not enjoy despite buying petrol on daily basis.

again, i am a user of Zoom (reltel internet Service provider). last month, we lost three days to technical problems of the company and i called their office severally to complain and i even went to their office in Victoria Island and they promised to add that up to us. unfortunately, at the end of my 30 days payment, nothing was done. i went back to that same office in VI and when i asked about that, they told me that they are yet to recieve signal from their headquatters in respect to that hence i paid for renewal. this month of september again, we have already lost 6 days and today is sunday making it possible to be till monday(7 days) or more.
at the end of this 30 days again, there is every possibility that we will be asked to renew our subscriptions not withstanding the number of days we have lost.

it is really confusing how the poor people of nigeria are forced to pay for the services they never used. these companies and establishments are legally registered and allowed to defraud the masses

ajah - lekki a 21 km road is about to have 3 toll gates with walls seperating road users and stores. the tax users money are used in building roads that they will pay to use.

a long list of legalised or co-operate ways of defrauding the masses with no one to speak against these things.
it is worrying that outside here, most of these legalised system of defrauding the innocent citizens are not common.

do you know of anyother establishments where the masses are used officially in wrong manners? do u think this is good/bad? how do u think this is affecting u as an individual or nigeria as a country? is this part of the saying that every nigerian is a fraudstar? on the other hand, do u think these establishments are doing the right and honourable things to do?

have your say.

(1) (Reply)

Worrisome, Ominous Signs Of Disintegration / Who Will You Vote For In The Forth Coming Election / U S Masterminded 9/11 - Ahmadinejad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.