Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,984 members, 7,821,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS (7287 Views)

JAMB Records 4.01 Percent Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS / JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS / Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by skyfather09(m): 4:09pm On Apr 08, 2019
Lwkmd.. the idiat wey bring jamb e no go better for am oh
Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by TechCapon(m): 4:10pm On Apr 08, 2019
OboOlora:
Drop in jamb registration but a spike in skull mining, pant stealing, internet fraud etc
I pity whoever is still in that country sha!

Dedicate my 1st to comment to my intelligent friend Techcapon and my runaway BF Martin0
thanks my lovely friend. You can still come and remove me from this next level country sha cheesy
Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by Martin0(m): 5:22pm On Apr 08, 2019
OboOlora:
Drop in jamb registration but a spike in skull mining, pant stealing, internet fraud etc
I pity whoever is still in that country sha!

Dedicate my 1st to comment to my intelligent friend Techcapon and my runaway BF Martin0

runaway you say?grin
Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by bigprojectng: 5:27pm On Apr 08, 2019
Hmm our students don diversify ...
Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by wifeesnatcher(m): 5:54pm On Apr 08, 2019
School is not scam. Too much of self reliance on employment is the scam here

It's only in Africa graduates see going to school as means of employment. The basic motive of going to school is for empowerment, if you don't empower as in developed yourself will the employers see the potentials in you

There are many graduates of sciences like biochemistry, microbiology and even those that studied Yoruba working in financial institutions today, why? Because they developed themselves and expose their reliance beyond their field

If school is not paving way for you, check yourself no be everybody go work for banks or under people. If those offices you're struggling to work under relied on getting employment as the etiquette of their graduating in an institutions, which company will you be lobbying to work under?
Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by kaysy(m): 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2019
mysteriousman:
Despite the reduction in the cost of registration and the growing Nigerian population. Something is wrong somewhere either poverty levels have grown beyong what its projected to be or prospective candidates have lost interest in education

Not at all, the real problem is that JAMB created bottleneck in the registration process so everybody couldn't register.

As for the drop in admission, the people that made cut off mark and also met all requirements as stipulated dropped because most Nigerian youths hardly pays attention to strict rules and complete details.
Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by Zigdore: 6:44pm On Apr 08, 2019
Jamb is only concerned because its revenue is droping.
Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by benthel6(m): 6:46pm On Apr 08, 2019
Ajeh!! LaS lAs ScHoOl Na ScAm
Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by Toseenlove: 8:33pm On Apr 08, 2019
wifeesnatcher:

It's only in Africa graduates see going to school as means of employment. The basic motive of going to school is for empowerment, if you don't empower as in developed yourself will the employers see the potentials in you

There are many graduates of sciences like biochemistry, microbiology and even those that studied Yoruba working in financial institutions today, why? Because they developed themselves and expose their reliance beyond their field

If school is not paving way for you, check yourself no be everybody go work for banks or under people. If those offices you're struggling to work under relied on getting employment as the etiquette of their graduating in an institutions, which company will you be lobbying to work under?

Mumu well we've heard u. So tell me where Is the resources and the financial strength u will use In empowering and equipped yourself ?

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by Ultimatesammie(m): 9:56pm On Apr 08, 2019
agylistic77:
What's now the gain of those that have graduated.. Is only in Nigeria will go to school and study engineering and still be looking for Bridal makeup training..
Abeg they should start training primary school student how to invent something. This cramp and pour on paper have do us.
Actually doing something totally different from what you studied happens in western countries also.
Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by Olodo24: 10:26pm On Apr 08, 2019
wifeesnatcher:

you're wrong by saying that too much self reliance on employment is the problem. Which institution is ready to employ SSCE holders? How many of them are ready to employ people with manual skills? Even when you manage to get employed, you'll over work and be so much under paid. Nigeria is all about connections.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by wifeesnatcher(m): 11:18pm On Apr 08, 2019
Toseenlove:

Mumu well we've heard u. So tell me where Is the resources and the financial strength u will use In empowering and equipped yourself ?

You're dumb empowerment is the only thing you read in my post mumu? You didn't read exposing yourself out of your field

Empowerment don't necessary have to be physical. It's in the state of mind, that's why we have both physical and human capital

You can advise your generation not to attend school again, stop discouraging young people with the stereotype of your predicament
Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by Toseenlove: 11:29pm On Apr 08, 2019
wifeesnatcher:

You're dumb empowerment is the only thing you read in my post mumu? You didn't read exposing yourself out of your field

Empowerment don't necessary have to be physical. It's in the state of mind, that's why we have both physical and human capital

You can advise your generation not to attend school again, stop discouraging young people with the stereotype of your predicament

Carry your frustration elsewhere.....I'm not the cause of your predicament and adversities!!!

1 Like

Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by wifeesnatcher(m): 11:33pm On Apr 08, 2019
Toseenlove:

Carry your frustration elsewhere.....I'm not the cause of your predicament and adversities!!!

Nonentity. How can you get employed with this half retrogressive brain of yours. Words that are not upto 100 you can't read to understand yet you're ranting like a spoilt toy

Don't lemme start with you this night or else you go cry deactivate your account here
Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by Toseenlove: 11:34pm On Apr 08, 2019
Olodo24:
you're wrong by saying that too much self reliance on employment is the problem. Which institution is ready to employ SSCE holders? How many of them are ready to employ people with manual skills? Even when you manage to get employed, you'll over work and be so much under paid. Nigeria is all about connections.

You have time quoting the slowpoke. He Is here blowing useless grammar as If he doesn't know he Is In a nation where the ROGUES rules and triumph over the Intellectuals. Mumu plenty for this country true true lol.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by Nobody: 5:22am On Apr 09, 2019
Where are jobs for the graduates ?

Masons go home with N4k to N10k per day. Yet a Nigerian graduate sits at home waiting for invisible jobs.

A welder can make N15k some days handling few burglary proof jobs. Unlike a Nigerian graduate who waits for stipends from his uncle's or parents.

What percentage gets employment after leaving school ? I am not talking about N30k employment.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by Ugosample(m): 7:30am On Apr 09, 2019
wifeesnatcher:

The QUALITY of the education is what is in question here...

issa big big scam
Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by Giddy11513: 2:05pm On Apr 09, 2019
So out of 1.6 million people that apply for JAMB only about 500 thousand are offered admission.

JAMB is an instrument created by the Government to enrich themselves. It's expected that the same 1million people who failed to secure admission would apply the following year so they would have more gains.

One thing I know for sure is that JAMB deliberately fail applicants, and why won't they? There is no way of actually seeing or getting the report on questions you answered correctly and the ones you failed, isn't it quite ironic that you can't actually get a feedback on your performance in this time of technological advancement, I mean how hard is it. Now they're complaining that people are no longer applying for JAMB.
Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by tripper003: 8:23am On Apr 10, 2019
InvertedHammer:

/
School is not necessarily a scam. It's just that it doesn't make any sense to keep someone in school for 4-5 years to study non- professional courses. Two years should be more than enough to earn a degree in Humanities/Social sciences, Liberal Arts. Four years for Sociology? Please!

But the tuition is too enticing for the universities to face the facts.

/
Actually, I still feel there is something shady and flawed about the "school" setting as conventionally being run, especially in our climes down here. But for a very few number of courses, There is sparse application and real life impact of what we are being taught vis-a-vis the curriculum still being used. I love learning but not useless, dysfunctional knowledge. I studied Engineering in my country, Naija so I know this vibe!
Re: JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS by InvertedHammer: 5:45pm On Apr 10, 2019
tripper003:

Actually, I still feel there is something shady and flawed about the "school" setting as conventionally being run, especially in our climes down here. But for a very few number of courses, There is sparse application and real life impact of what we are being taught vis-a-vis the curriculum still being used. I love learning but not useless, dysfunctional knowledge. I studied Engineering in my country, Naija so I know this vibe!
/
In this day and age, one can learn vast majority of things online through Google and then hands on, through YouTube videos. School is a certificate mill. They just issue a piece of paper to certify that the bearer has been tutored in a particular field. Hardly do you see graduates think outside the box. Thus making school an indoctrination ground. How come there is no groundbreaking invention from Nigeria with all the Ph.Ds and first class graduates being churned out annually? It I because degrees are treated as foreign titles the same way we have traditional titles. How beneficial are the titles? Just for bragging rights and massaging of egos--attributes of empty barrels.

/

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNIJOS JAMB Cut-off Score? / Pictures And Stories And Videos From School (flogging) / Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.