Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days (7268 Views)

See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano / Meet Professor Aliyu Shugaba, University Of Maiduguri New Vice Chancellor / Nude Photos Of UNILAG English Professor Who Molests Female Students Leaked! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by Northbreed(m): 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2020
MEET PROFESSOR AMINU MOHAMMED DORAYI, ABU
ZARIA PROCESSOR WHO DROVE A CAR FROM LONDON
TO KANO WITHIN 24 DAYS...

Professor Aminu Mohammed Dorayi is a renowned
educationist and adventurer that drove from London
to Kano with his car.
The elder statesman is a Record-breaker, who broke a
world record by driving his Peugeot 504 over a
distance of about 4,000miles, in 24 days.
Prof Dorayi is a distinguished Abusite (Ahmadu Bello
University) and respected professor of Chemistry. He
doubled as a former president of the ABU Students
Union Government (SUG) for 1966/1967. Dorayi set up
the Sharada Industrial Estate in Kano. He is also the
first to organize trade fair in Nigeria.
He is called The Adventurous Chemist because of his
passion for adventure. While in the UK, his journey was
inspired by several adventure books he had read. For
instance, he read about the Marcopolos, the Mungo
Parks, these adventurous stories fascinated him.
Dorayi, therefore proceded to make a record-breaking
trip by driving his Peugeot 504 over a distance of
about 4,000miles in 24 days.
According to the elder statesman, “England is an
Island. So when you reach Southampton you have to
take a boat, you and your car, to Calais, France. I
drove through Paris and so on through Madrid,
Gibraltar. So when you reach Gibraltar, you reach the
Mediterranean Sea, where you also take a ferry to
Algeria.
”From there you enter the road all through, though
there is no road, in the desert, you’re guided by your
compass, your map.”
Speaking further on the trip, Prof disclosed that ”I
became very keen during my PhD in the US. I had a
Volkswagen which I bought for about 600 dollars at
that time. I used it to drive across the desert over
there.” He added that he is highly adventurous, that
is why even his autobiography is titled, The
Adventurous Chemist.
Dorayi disclosed that as he bought the Peugeot 504
for 1000 pounds and hit the road immediately.
He said, ”I was assisted by the British Automobile
Association (AA). They gave me the guidelines, the map,
the route. They told me what to do in crossing the
desert, and what not to do. So, I was quite prepared.
Speaking of his preparedness, Doriya said, ”Since I
went to secondary technical school, I was technically
inclined and I could service my car. I came from a
technical background. Going back to Zango in Kano and
hanging out with friends, they taught me confidence.
So this thing has been in me for years. I enjoyed
reading about trans-Sahara.
In his encounter, Doriya noted that ”There was a
place I passed in Algeria, and the day I arrived, it was
raining heavily. Little children of 13 years and below
were running helter-skelter and crying. When I asked
the elders why they said those children had never seen
rain before. No rain for 14 years, so they thought
heaven was falling. They had to be counselled by their
elders.”

6 Likes

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by moneyshop: 1:26pm On Nov 19, 2020
Are you kicking me??
This may be truth probably

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by Moferere: 1:36pm On Nov 19, 2020
miracood:
I don't have the time to read this piece but I'm sure it's false undecided

It is a copy & paste piece, not coordinated.
Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by phemsie(m): 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2020
So road dey from Nigeria to London and I have been disturbing myself for visa since.

London ya!!

23 Likes

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2020
How did he cross the Atlantic ocean with his car? grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by rant19ade: 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2020
All those ppl wey dey follow desert, make una see road. Just 24 days.
Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by Kestolove(m): 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2020
It's a lie, big lie

1 Like

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by EXLOVER(m): 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2020
Make this Prof show us the way and give us map, if Prof can travel to London with Peugeot from Kano, then with Lexus i can travel from my current location to California in 63days...

All in need is A map, 1 Ghana must go of weed, A gun, food, liquor and vasline.

17 Likes

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 19, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
There is land border from Bugaria (Europe) to Turkey (Middle East) and from Israel (Middle East) to Egypt (Africa). There is another land border from Georgia (Europe) to Turkey (Middle East).

The only problem is that it is difficult crossing borders due to insecurities.

6 Likes

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by EXLOVER(m): 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2020
DamZik:
There is land border from Buhari to turkey and from Israel to Egypt.
Buhari to Turkey, How bros?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
EXLOVER:
Buhari to Turkey, How bros?
Bugaria to Turkey. I have corrected it.

1 Like

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by 14fourteenn: 2:50pm On Nov 19, 2020
[s]
Kestolove:
It's a lie, big lie
[/s]
Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 19, 2020
EXLOVER:
Make this Prof show us the way and give us map, if Prof can travel to London with Peugeot from Kano, then with Lexus i can travel from my current location to California in 63days...

All in need is A map, 1 Ghana must go of weed, A gun, food, liquor and vasline.
It is possible from Africa to Europe but not possible from Africa to North America because of the oceans.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by FahBuLous: 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2020
England, here I come
Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by BigDawsNet: 3:20pm On Nov 19, 2020
It's unbelievable and can be a stressful trip...

Not sure it's a good idea if you will be passing through some unsecured border

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by Xeeex: 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

The distance from Africa to Spain is about 60km, if he reach the sea he will enter ferry with his car. He will drop at the other side and continue his journey.

See Africa and spain in the same picture

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2020
Xeeex:

The distance from Africa to Spain is about 60km, if he reach the sea he will enter ferry with his car. He will drop at the other side and continue his journey.

See Africa and spain in the same picture

It is not easy as you put it

1 Like

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by LikeAking: 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2020
Nice.

I still love that 504 machine.

Toyota, Honda and co shut up. Fem!

1 Like

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by Xeeex: 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

It is not easy as you put it

I just explained it can be done and you are telling me it's not easy as I put it, if you can put it easier why didn't you put it by yourself?

So I should start explaining how he will go through immigration and buying ticket for the ferry?

Your comment is quality information wey no concern me

Good luck

7 Likes

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2020
Xeeex:

I just explained it can be done and you are telling me it's not easy as I put it, if you can put it easier why didn't you put it by yourself?

So I should start explaining how he will go through immigration and buying ticket for the ferry?

Your comment is quality information wey no concern me

Good luck

You need all the visa and permit of those respective countries.

1 Like

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by Xeeex: 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

You need all the visa and permit of those respective countries.

*transit visa

3 Likes

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by pek(m): 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2020
DamZik:
Where is Bugaria?
Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by Solosolojohquay: 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
Is possible and achievable only is more dangerous this days at the dessert apart from that there are road network to all the European countries and ferries that can take you and your car across boarder same things ajala did with his vespa then but now don't be deceive you will need a valid visa or visa free passport to all the countries you will pass through

1 Like

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by kheny12(m): 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
Anybody that believe this,Can also believed that 1naira will be equal to 1 dollar.

4 Likes

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by kheny12(m): 3:48pm On Nov 19, 2020
DamZik:
There is land border from Bugaria (Europe) to Turkey (Middle East) and from Israel (Middle East) to Egypt (Africa). There is another land border from Georgia (Europe) to Turkey (Middle East).

The only problem is that it is difficult crossing borders due to insecurities.
And what about the language spoken.All the countries he mention speaks different languages.How did he scape through .
Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by muller101(m): 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Go and study your atlas very well.

5 Likes

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by muller101(m): 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2020
DamZik:
It's Bulgaria
Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by Nackzy: 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2020
Which Road him follow
Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by Zyxzzzz: 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2020
some ignorant peeps will still believe this
Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2020
pek:
Where is Bugaria?
Bulgaria is in Eastern Europe, boundary with Turkey. You can drive from Turkey to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days by Olasvilla: 4:20pm On Nov 19, 2020
*Good day i am Holatunde by name I welcome you to the number one online earning platform where you earn daily in $ and cash out every 21st of the month into your local bank*
Now all you need is to log on to the *GOOGLE ADMOB website which is www.admob.com and sign up if you are have any complaints signing up d.m me thats why i am here secondly you will purchase your earning app which u will be using to earn and make profits daily into your GOOGLE ADMOB account*
*If interested in GOOGLE ADMOB d.m to get started fam*
https:///3l7pb3

*THANKS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. / Ican Exam Study / Tutorial Centers Around Egbeda / Idimu/ Lasu / Igando Area / It Is Neither A Biscuit Bone Nor Brisket Bone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.