Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! (17696 Views)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by AKMoney1(m): 8:10pm On Sep 12, 2010
Hi my people,i got an admission from a private university in Malaysia (Limkokwing precisely) for a 1yr foundation program which will start this month ending. I was asked to pay the school fee for 1yr b4 i can secure the student visa, the money is USD4,900. When i told a bro who is in Malaysia abt this he advise me not to pay the big sum to them as i can get a cheap school over there. True to his words i learnt i can finish a 3yr degree with only abt USD8,000 in a goverment owned university (UM to be precise but their next semester is december). Now my family intention is for me to join the private uni latest early next month(as i neva disclose to them my new finding) but me and the bro plan that i should come over wit a 3 months visiting visa, settle down first, then process the admission for that cheap sch. The sch fees for the private uni will be use as a BTA at the airport then later will be use to pay the new sch fees and other things. Now my question is that is it possible for me to enter the country wit one way ticket and still yet not leaving the country after the visiting visa exp provided i have gotten the student visa? Or can i book my return ticket to a nearby country very close to malaysia as i will not want to come to naija directly after the 3months if need arise that i leave their country. Please i need answer to this questions from those who are in malaysia or who have been there b4 or simply have a helping answer to my questions. Pls dont ask me why choosing the country. Thanks and waiting to read from you asap.
AK
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by AKMoney1(m): 6:06am On Sep 13, 2010
?
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by suxes2005(m): 7:09am On Sep 13, 2010
OK, I wont ask you why you chose the country!

You will be given 3 months entry valid visa which means
you must use the visa within 3 months! When u travel, that is
when your stay in Malaysia wil b determined and at most 2 weeks
depends on d immigration person so its not 3 months visa or 3 monts
stay that you get

About tkt, check my post here, there is no way to it
if u dnt want to come home after seeing kuala lumpur,
kindly get a 2-way tkt and it must be 10 days interval,

My friend just travelled yesterday thru Emirates and
i'm awaiting more infos from him

SHALOM
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by AKMoney1(m): 9:00am On Sep 13, 2010
@ shalom, Pls break it down, i dont seem to understand u. My bro said he will arrange a 3months visa for me now u said its not so that i ll be allowed to stay for just two weeks why? Why would they give me 3months visa and then ask me to leave in 2weeks time? Shed more light Pls
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by noblegas2(m): 10:18am On Sep 13, 2010
AK Money:

@ shalom, Pls break it down, i dont seem to understand u. My bro said he will arrange a 3months visa for me now u said its not so that i ll be allowed to stay for just two weeks why? Why would they give me 3months visa and then ask me to leave in 2weeks time? Shed more light Pls

Lol, funny enough,I guess u dnt knw dat U can as well be given a10yrs visa & stil be denied entry @ d airport!
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by Jincheng: 11:19am On Sep 13, 2010
^^^^
@noble_gas, why wil one be given a visa and stil be denied entry? Could it be that d visa is fake or wat?
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by collinsfbi(m): 11:45am On Sep 13, 2010
@Poster, do you think u can escape booking for a return ticket since u r goin on visiting which may likely cost u over $2000 (to and fro) Why malaysia in the first place? where naijas are not allow to work, the weather is hot like hell? Anyway u have ur reason but i will advise you to go with a student visa besides, i am sure u can get lesser school over there.
When i told a bro who is in Malaysia abt this he advise me not to pay the big sum to them as i can get a cheap school over there.

Yes, I will advise u not to pay because u can get cheap school in malaysia even in other countries. If u r not in hast of travelling, I can assure u that u will get better school in good country like canada, ireland etc. U most be careful of pple u talk to abt admission in malaysia because most Nigerians over there have turned yahoos as result of no job and they don't mind scamming their blood brothers.
If u really need help in malaysia, I will advise u to contact this person, he's a friend: Femi Adegoroye, pheemydemmy4real@yahoo.com, +60126964566. Tell him from collins but be careful don't talk abt money, just ask him to help u make enquiring because he's student over there and u will do the rest yourself. If u wish to know more abt him, u can as well serach for him on facebook
Meanwhile you can also check this school in canada: www.mun.ca very cheap if u r able to find ur dream course. Best of Luck
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by justwise(m): 11:55am On Sep 13, 2010
collinsfbi:
@Poster, do you think u can escape booking for a return ticket since u r goin on visiting which may likely cost u over $2000 (to and fro) Why malaysia in the first place? where naijas are not allow to work, the weather is hot like hell? Anyway u have your reason but i will advise you to go with a student visa besides, i am sure u can get lesser school over there. Yes, I will advise u not to pay because u can get cheap school in malaysia even in other countries. If u r not in hast of travelling, I can assure u that u will get better school in good country like canada, ireland etc. U most be careful of pple u talk to abt admission in malaysia because most Nigerians over there have turned yahoos as result of no job and they don't mind scamming their blood brothers.If u really need help in malaysia, I will advise u to contact this person, he's a friend: Femi Adegoroye, pheemydemmy4real@yahoo.com, +60126964566. Tell him from collins but be careful don't talk abt money, just ask him to help u make enquiring because he's student over there and u will do the rest yourself. If u wish to know more abt him, u can as well serach for him on facebookMeanwhile you can also check this school in canada: www.mun.ca very cheap if u r able to find your dream course. Best of Luck
How can Canada or ireland be cheaper than Malaysia? His budget for Malaysia is USD4,900 and you are directing him to a school in Canada with fees around $16.000?
You adviced him to stay away from Nigerians in Malaysia and at the same time asking him to get intouch with one Femi Adegoroye and told him not to talk abt money? Could it be that Femi Adegoroye is also one of  'those' Nigerians not to be trusted?
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by suxes2005(m): 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2010
Justwise kindly help me ask am well ooo

@OP, it doesnt mean that the visa is fake
or not. If you are suppose to go with say $3000
and you travel with say $1000, u wil be asked 2 come
home with the next available flight!

I never knew Malaysia is that hot!

SHALOM
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by AKMoney1(m): 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2010
@noble_gas1 lol that will not be my portion just shut up if u dont have better contribution.

@collins thanks but i already know memorial university in Canada and their fees is about USD16,000 far more costly than malaysia where i can use the same amount to finish my whole degree and still have alot of money on me. And thanks for that ur friend info but i dnt hv an intention of contacting anyone who might confuse me as well and who told u malaysia is hot? The country is a rain forest and its cooler than naija. In general its warm over there, Prove me wrong

@justwise thanks for your contribution i dey feel you bruv

@shalom what do u mean by if i travel wit $3000 they will send me back wit next available flight?

@all Pls tell me more abt the visa and ticket stuff and leave the school and their price as i have already know them quite well. More comments Pls
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by easylogic(m): 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2010
Ak Money,

I studied in Malaysia.First,it is IMPOSSIBLE to travel to Malaysia with a one way ticket.You will be denied entry at the airport if they discover your ticket is one way.You will have to purchase a return ticket or an onward ticket.i.e a ticket which shows you will leave malaysia to another country eg Thailand or Singapore.But the problem is,Thailand and Singapore will also expect to see a ticket that shows you will leave the country.

A 3 month social Visa is almost impossible to get in Malaysia.Standard Visitors Visas are only 1 month long.Plus you beng a Nigerian you will likely be given 2 weeks VISA on condition you possess 2000 USD.Nigerians have a bad reputation over there and there is a chance you will be denied entry at the airport if they suspect you are upto no good.

Best advice i can give you is,just make a fresh application for the cheaper school,get the student visa and go hustle free.Your parrents will have to know about it,there are no short cuts.

Do not take the risk of being deported and having to explain to your parents that you were lying to them.

Furthermore,even if you manage to pull the trick off,how will you explain to your parents why the Exam results have the name of a different college?
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by AKMoney1(m): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2010
@easylogic thanks for this great advise. I will see wat i can do wit this info, cuz i dont want a situation whereby i will have any F*ck up but one more question for u. So if actually i got the student visa will i still be require to show the BTA of USD2,500 at the airport?
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2010
Be careful get a school before you go there ,that will be better cant you contact schools yourself?the schools in malayasia are also on facebook and you could ask questions from the students,but not this type of questions because how can you go with one way ticket when you dont have the residence permit of the place. hope you dont drop out of school .
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by collinsfbi(m): 3:44pm On Sep 13, 2010
@Justwise, I have been reading ur comments on diff threads on the site for a very long time now and I so much appreciate ur effort in exposing scammers or those who sell info but as long as I am concerned here, what i give out, I do it with free will without any attachment. One thing u don't understand is that fact that Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador is the cheapest University so far in the whole canada, besides how did u come about $16,000 tuition fee? sometimes ur comments are can very annoying, all of you including d poster never bother to check the school site and thie tuition before your contribution. Now try to consult the site and see if they fee is up to that beside, they pay semeseterly and the poster will have opportunity to work whiling school unlike malaysia where most naija students turned yahoos because of hardship. See for yourselves here: http://www.mun.ca/become/graduate/fees_funding/index.php
His budget for Malaysia is USD4,900
with this budget, the poster can still make it to some level and work to complement his studies successfully
asking him to get intouch with one Femi Adegoroye and told him not to talk abt money? Could it be that Femi Adegoroye is also  one of  'those' Nigerians not to be trusted?
he's gone for a while and with kind of situation and most of what he says sometimes while chatting with him, he might have been influenced but that am not sure of because he stays with friends. If u indeed know what exactly Nigerians are facing in malaysia, you wouldn't advise your enemy to go there.

@suxes2005

why do pple like to follow the path of others, you never check the school site and u are concluding abruptly. Give reasonable advice and never give an advice that will send someone to an oblivion of regret.

How will u know, if u have any friends there try to call and confirm for yourself.
@Poster, is as if your mind is made up but d little advice i can give u is to be careful and never be in hast to travel but if you think u like malaysia and u can withstand what it takes to survive there, then good luck but it's better to spend more on academic in a country where you be comfortable than linger to survive after spending so much money in another country.
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by collinsfbi(m): 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2010
@Justwise, I have been reading ur comments on diff threads on the site for a very long time now and I so much appreciate ur efforts in exposing scammers or those who sell info but as long as I am concerned here, what i give out, I do it with free will without any attachment. One thing u don't understand is that fact that Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador is the cheapest University so far in the whole of canada, besides how did u come about $16,000 tuition fee? sometimes ur comments  can be very annoying, all of you including d poster never bother to check the school site and the tuition before your contribution. Now try to consult the site and see if their fee is up to that beside, they pay semeseterly and the poster will have opportunity to work whiling school unlike malaysia where most naija students turned yahoos because of hardship. See for yourselves here: http://www.mun.ca/become/graduate/fees_funding/index.php
His budget for Malaysia is USD4,900
with this budget, the poster can still make it to some levels and work to complement his studies successfully
asking him to get intouch with one Femi Adegoroye and told him not to talk abt money? Could it be that Femi Adegoroye is also  one of  'those' Nigerians not to be trusted?
he's gone for a while and with kind of situation and most of what he says sometimes while chatting with him, he might have been influenced but that am not sure of because he stays with friends. If u indeed know exactly what Nigerians are facing in malaysia, you wouldn't advise your enemy to go there.

@suxes2005

why do pple like to follow the path of others, you never check the school site and u are concluding abruptly. Give reasonable advice and never give an advice that will send someone to an oblivion of regret.

How will u know, if u have any friend there try to call and confirm for yourself.
@Poster, is as if your mind is made up but d little advice i can give u is to be careful and never be in hast to travel but if you think u like malaysia and u can withstand what it takes to survive there, then good luck but it's better to spend more on academic in a country where you be comfortable than linger to survive after spending so much money in another country.
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by AKMoney1(m): 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2010
@collins thanks for everything. I think the ball is now in my hand, i will think and choose wat i think will be best for me.
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by Chinois: 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2010
@ CollinsFBI

I understand that your intentions are noble, but there is no way you can compare MUN fees with that of the said university in Malaysia. Given, the actual school fees in MUN might be the cheapest in Canada; and this is as a result of MUN being in a rural area, but if you look at the website, the amount they quote for the yearly expenses is way way higher than what is obtainable in Malaysia. And I am always amused when people say, well you can school and work; how easy is it to get his work people keep talking about? America and Canada don change o, it's not the way it used to be, folks are getting increasingly surprised when they go out to those places. And the fact that MUN is in a rural area reduces the chances of employment being surplus, this is why schools keep harping on the fact that you need to have the finances for your education down before you leave your country, that way one does not run into funny problems overseas. Malaysia might not be first rate, but their education system still better pass Nigeria, their fees are reasonable and cost of living is not high.

I think that human beings should learn to operate within their circumstances, if your papa hol enough money to fund your education, then go anywhere you want. But if you have checked yours and your family's resources and na Malaysia wey im fit reach; why not? by all means go and fufill your educational desires. no be everybody go go UK, Canada, America. Everyone's path in life is different.

@ AK

Please forget that plan of going there and staying there and all that kurukere waka, na wahala you dey find if you take that route. I'd say have some patience, apply for the program at UM, get accepted, get your student visa and leave. When you get there, stick to what you went out there to do and be the very best you that you can be. It is always advisable to do things the legal and acceptable way in these countries, your life would be much more enjoyable and easier for it.
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 13, 2010
I have been that country before ,that country is not easy for Nigerians,they were begging for money.You are sweet talking him,have you travelled o asia before.try and listen to collinns.what is the use of schooling and getting bad grades just because you are not okay.
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by Chinois: 8:13pm On Sep 13, 2010
@ Olas2u

Not everyone is suffering and begging for money in Malaysia. From what the poster has said so far, he is capable of funding his education. Generalizations are not always correct.
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 13, 2010
That is true i saw the children of the politicans as well,but it is not easy sha to many others,by the time he finishes the 1st degree he will be tired of education.The nigerians i saw also came with money before it got finished
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by AKMoney1(m): 9:22pm On Sep 13, 2010
@chinois thanks for ur contribution,i will take note of those points too.

@Ola why do people alws keep saying bad things abt this country? Do u want to tell me that there is job on every street in US and UK? Or people over there dnt hate nigerians as malaysian do? It all depends on individual and i believe the country is better in terms of employment compare to naija and if not for our fellow countrymen who spoilt the place, i believe they wont be strict to us as they are. One more thing,do u want to tell me that their is no nigerian there making legal money and is it every nigerian in US and UK that can boast of making it there(Legally). So no matter what the situation is over there i believe its only lazy and those that want to make money overnight that would say there is no job there at least the bro im talking abt has been there for the past two years and he never complain as he's making his money in a legal way. Anyway, God knows the best.
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by easylogic(m): 9:45pm On Sep 13, 2010
AK,you will not need to show the 2,500 Usd if you have a student VISA.You sound like a reasonable person,just forget that plan and talk to your parents about applying for the cheaper school.I am sure they will be very happy at your maturity and concern for there financial status.
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by symbian03(m): 10:01pm On Sep 13, 2010
Yeah poster sounds matures . O boy just follow your heart. Collins also stated some fact, but i think you're considering your financial capability. All the best mate
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by AKMoney1(m): 10:20pm On Sep 13, 2010
@ easylogic and symbian03 thanks alot bruv,i will see wat i can do. May God help and guide me through
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by raintree: 4:31am On Sep 14, 2010
For those of you who do not know, Malaysia is a damn hot country. Day time temperature ranges between 27 to 32 degree Celcius. Humidity is consistently in the region of 70% to 80% throughout the year.

But right now it's rainy season in Kuala Lumpur so umbrella is what you need.

University Malaya (UM) is one of the top universities in Malaysia. Its fees are considered cheap because it's a public (national) university. Conversely, Limkokwing University is a reputable private university which charges exorbitant fees.

@ AK Money
Abeg, how sure are you that your application for enrolment with UM will be accepted since you've not even applied yet? Competition is stiff o!
Listen to what Chinois said below, he knows what he's saying. You won't go wrong with either one of the above U but you'll definitely save a lot with UM.

Quoted by Chinois
@ AK

Please forget that plan of going there and staying there and all that kurukere waka, na wahala you dey find if you take that route. I'd say have some patience, apply for the program at UM, get accepted, get your student visa and leave. When you get there, stick to what you went out there to do and be the very best you that you can be. It is always advisable to do things the legal and acceptable way in these countries, your life would be much more enjoyable and easier for it.
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by Chinois: 4:53am On Sep 14, 2010
@ Raintree, are you on facebook or yahoo msgr? I need to ask you a couple questions, Thanks
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by AKMoney1(m): 7:01am On Sep 14, 2010
@raintree thanks,i have already noted what chinois said. I will like to ask u some personal questions. Pls add me on facebook. Thanks i will be waiting and Pls indicate so i will know its u
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by AKMoney1(m): 9:26am On Sep 14, 2010
And so with student visa one doesn't need return ticket so fly there right?
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by suxes2005(m): 9:26pm On Sep 14, 2010

How will u know, if u have any friend there try to call and confirm for yourself.

Guy take it easy now. even if u know all at least
let's say somfin. Try open ur eye and check wat i
wrote last, i dnt fink its bad. If u travel with less
BTA to a country like Malaysia, wat do u think will
happen to the person? Just answer that

Some1 said Malaysia is hot so i said i never
knew that so does dat pinch u in any way?

SHALOM
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by AKMoney1(m): 7:40am On Sep 15, 2010
@shalom have you contact your friend that just travel there? And how is the view of things over there?
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by collinsfbi(m): 9:05am On Sep 15, 2010
@suxes2005
Guy take it easy now. even if u know all at least
let's say somfin. Try open your eye and check wat i
wrote last, i dnt fink its bad. If u travel with less
BTA to a country like Malaysia, wat do u think will
happen to the person? Just answer that

Some1 said Malaysia is hot so i said i never
knew that so does dat pinch u in any way?

SHALOM
I never meant to say anything that will cause conflict here but am only try to say what I know, besides anyone travelling with less BTA is likely to face the doom of hell and regret in life time because such a person maybe luck to be denied entry. You never said anything that really pinched me guy but my advice is that you check every comments and links for confirmation b4 contributing ur own quota next time.

@AK Money, once again if u really wish to study in malaysia guy notin do u but my advice is to look for a cheap UNI and travel with student visa rather than visitng visa b4 applying because u will spend less and can travel with one way ticket. A friend who went sometimes ago got his visa at abuja with just 5k and one way ticket of about 140K, note, all these things you can do alone without involving any agent. Good luck
Re: Nigerian In Malaysia Pls Your Reply Is Needed! by AKMoney1(m): 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2010
@collins do you mean your friend got a student visa with 5k? Is it after he has applied tru the school? Shed more light pls. And what airline charges 140k to malaysia?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Can't Use Riders Permit As Your Drivers License - FRSC / 5 Types Of Crowd You Will Find In Lagos / LASWA Releases Alternative Routes Ahead Of Third Mainlad Bridge Partial Closure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.