Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency (5329 Views)

2023: Don't Distract My Attention, Vote Any Candidate Of Your Choice - Adeboye / 2023: Why The North Would Support South South Presidency / Call For Restructuring Based On Selfish Interest ―buhari (2) (3) (4)

Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by haffaze777(m): 10:29am On Apr 09, 2019
mekaboy:

In the interest of southern Nigeria.

You mean ur people now ready to dine with devilish party?
simple Yes or No is what i need as an answer

Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by mekaboy(m): 10:36am On Apr 09, 2019
haffaze777:

You mean ur people now ready to dine with devilish party?

simple Yes or No is what i need as an answer

It's not about party. The party will rather settle for an igbo president than hand over to the Yoruba.
Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by Whiteangel1234: 11:35am On Apr 09, 2019
Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by haffaze777(m): 11:55am On Apr 09, 2019
mekaboy:

It's not about party. The party will rather settle for an igbo president than hand over to the Yoruba.

Why do you find it hard to answer simple question thrown at you?

will your people now accept the devilish party?grin

Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by Honor10: 12:01pm On Apr 09, 2019
mekaboy:

In the interest of southern Nigeria.

To hell with southern Nigeria. their has never being unity of Southern Nigeria and will never be, u guys should just support ur North as usual in 2023 and watch how yorubas will beat u blue black.

Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by mekaboy(m): 12:17pm On Apr 09, 2019
Honor10:

To hell with southern Nigeria. their has never being unity of Southern Nigeria and will never be, u guys should just support ur North as usual in 2023 and watch how yorubas will beat u blue black.

Yoruba will be crying before 2023.
Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2019
mekaboy:

The North will not hand over to the yourba man. Go and write it down. Towards 2023 the yorubas will be at the receiving end.

The north will not hand over to a Yoruba man but to an Igbo man. Igbos and their delusion. When did the north tell you this?

Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 09, 2019
mekaboy:

Igbos have been crying since 2015.

Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by Honor10: 3:44pm On Apr 09, 2019
mekaboy:

lolz, u should know that can't be, it is Ibo that are use to crying, not Yoruba.

Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by nagastat: 4:40pm On Apr 09, 2019
Who is being selfish but for the Igbos, you make an enemy and want a friend.

Yanmmmmiiriiish request!
Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by nwadiuko1(m): 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2019
MetaPhysical:
PDP 2023 - SS/NW - Wike/Tambuwal.

APC 2023 - SW/NE - Osinbajo/Kyari

SW reserves the option to sponsor Fayose for PDP Presidency.
lol smells like Amala

Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by nwadiuko1(m): 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2019
Adeniyii2017:

Simple Truth
I hope they are able to think outside the box!
Only SW can willingly relinquish power to them, North will never.. history has it!
SW is not power hungry even though we want it, we have our esteem checked, we don’t believe we always have or need to be in power to succeed.
But the earlier the better for them!
if you talk about people who don't need power to succeed, take a lesson from the Igbos....... meanwhile the op should go and sit down....... the north will continue in 2023

Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by Uyomeyouyo: 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2019
mekaboy:

Abiola defeated but did not rule over them, obasanjo was compensation, Gej agreed to 1 tenure and when he tried to do the second, he was removed. The North will need a fight to release power, and a divided south will make it easier for them to hold on.

Was Obasanjo's second term still a compensation

Didn't he defeat Buhari
Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by mekaboy(m): 7:14pm On Apr 09, 2019
Uyomeyouyo:

Was Obasanjo's second term still a compensation

Didn't he defeat Buhari

Things have changed in the North, those stirring the affairs under this administration are power drunk and have no conscience. Towards the end, buhari would be heading to retirement and leave the entire decision making to the cabal. It won't be easy, it will only take a United southern Nigeria to move power to the South.
Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by rosebowl01(m): 3:34pm On Apr 13, 2019
Trying to guilt the SW to achieve your region’s agenda will backfire. In your write up, you made a lot of false claims to buttress your demand:

SW selfish agenda: yes, they want to present their candidate because SE made themselves unmarketable. So, it is reality, not selfish agenda.
Igbo support Yoruba candidate: lies from the pit of hell. They strictly antagonize Yorubas, and do not hide their hatred. So stop this propaganda that you at one nonexistent time supported and wish Yorubas well. Note: for the records, we are not asking for your support either.
Igbo and no agenda: History directly contradicts your statement. In Nigeria today, Igbos agenda to singlehandedly control or destroy the Country is the oldest regional and ethnic agenda. You don’t need lots of history to know that fact. It even lead to war and loss of lives.
In conclusion, I agree that an Igbo should be supported as the next President, but trust me, not with this attitude.
Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by rosebowl01(m): 2:49pm On Apr 14, 2019
Iblad0994:

Like I said I would have loved the Ibo man to be the president, but for the Yoruba to feel among, the east need to do something.

All governors of SE should decamp to APC.
SE should stop abusing the North and Yoruba
They should change a new leaf and stop demonizing APC.

Then maybe they can be considered in APC and the Yoruba can throw their weight behind them.

But thinking SE will emerge from PDP and the Yoruba APC will support them is a joke taken too far, or else they should resort to the current status quo by clamoring for a notthern president and I’m sure a SW’ner president will emerge, either Osinbajo/El-Rufai or Fashola/El-Rufai.

I don’t even know why APC is afraid to feature a Muslim/Muslim ticket, the SE/SS won’t vote APC naturally, by fielding Fashola/Elrufai, the effect of the Christian Osinbajo propaganda will be neutralized in the North and some southerners will even prefer having Fashola at the helm of affairs than a Kwankwaso.

Sometimes, people need to think outside the box, El-Rufai did this and it worked, since we all want to be mumu together.

What kind of dumb ass talk is this? APC is not Yoruba, it’s a political party in Nigeria. Also imagine your stupidity of trying to find a middle ground with another ethnic group, and you think giving them an order is the right way to go. You’re the people giving Yorubas bad name. Carry your hypocritical party obsession comot for here abeg. Idiot.
Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by Ziggylady(f): 3:35pm On Apr 14, 2019
mekaboy:

Things have changed in the North, those stirring the affairs under this administration are power drunk and have no conscience. Towards the end, buhari would be heading to retirement and leave the entire decision making to the cabal. It won't be easy, it will only take a United southern Nigeria to move power to the South.

Kindly desist from opening threads like this on Nairaland cos it only opens the generality of Igbos who did not send you on any "yoruba placating message " open to insults from low-lives..

Any supposed "Southern loss" is going to cut across and not just an Igbo loss.Therefore this thread is very very unecessary

Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 14, 2019
rosebowl01:

What kind of dumb ass talk is this? APC is not Yoruba, it’s a political party in Nigeria. Also imagine your stupidity of trying to find a middle ground with another ethnic group, and you think giving them an order is the right way to go. You’re the people giving Yorubas bad name. Carry your hypocritical party obsession comot for here abeg. Idiot.

First I don’t know you and it is crass stupidity to attack me based on my opinion and call me idiot for just giving opinion here.

It’s just that you want to be clever by Half, the OP topic is based on Southwest and I based my writeup on that.
I am not tryna give them order, I’m just pointing out to them that each region has the party they swore allegiance to, and Southwest chose APC, that’s why they are tryna vie for the presidency under APC. What I simply mean is that the Igbos can come out for presidency under PDP, but if they wanna come under APC then they gotta have at lest some political images from their region from APC preferably some governors. In that region they see APC like a devilish party or something, so what I meant is that they need to at least try to reform their view about the party.

You should learn how to talk and not just attack people Caz it’s a faceless forum.
Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by Amanew(m): 4:28pm On Apr 14, 2019
mekaboy:
I urge the people of the SW in the spirit of oneness of the south to support and igbo president in 2023. Failure to do this will provide a platform for the north to remain in power beyond 2023.

Allow APC and PDP to present an Igbo candidate and support them for power to return to the south. We all that igbos are the only ones in Nigeria that does not have an Igbo agenda. The norther has Northern Agenda, SW has Yoruba Agenda, but for the Igboman its simply "Fix this country for the good of all or let us go" .

Igbos have investments and live in all regions of Nigeria, therefore every region will benefit from an Igbo presidency. Okonjo Iweala cancelled Nigerias debt, something no other region will aspire to do.

Now, if the Yorubas choose to be clever and field a candidate from the SW in APC, PDP might field a Northern candidate with igbo VP. The northern candidate will win and that will be the end of the 2023 southern presidency.

We igbos have supported presidents from the North, SW,SS it's time everyone supports us.

So please my Yoruba brothers and sisters, dont let your selfishness cost the south presidency in 2023.

We need Biafra not presidency
Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by Mulatta(m): 6:14pm On Apr 14, 2019
Here are the cards since 2015
2015- it was GEJ Vs buhari : the Igbo's voted against the north ,made lots of noise even agitated Nigeria splitted, while the Yorubas supported buhari and kept silent.
2019- it was Atiku vs buhari : the Igbo's again voted against an incumbent president while the Yorubas voted buhari
NOTE: between 2015 and 2019, Igbo's singlehandedly created two enemies by agitating to separate because of the northerners and insulted the Yoruba's for supporting the northerners and keeping silent.
2023 : there are primarily two major parties "APC/PDP" and according to zoning APC slot goes to the Yorubas and PDP slot goes to the Igbo's, due to the Yoruba's loyalty the northerners has to repay that and outside loyalty northerners have no choice because its unlikely a northerners will vote for the Igbo who didn't support and agitated against them.
End results : 2023 will be smooth for APC due to the Yoruba/northern alliance, while PDP have no choice but to compromise or continue with a Igbo/northern alliance which doesn't look fruitful because because of the Igbo's past actions
APC = Yoruba's + northerners vote
PDP = igbo + northerners vote
It's no rocket science on who will win, I leave that for you to decide. Also don't be surprise if Igbo's try to convince the Yoruba's to support them.
Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by mekaboy(m): 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2019
Mulatta:
Here are the cards since 2015
2015- it was GEJ Vs buhari : the Igbo's voted against the north ,made lots of noise even agitated Nigeria splitted, while the Yorubas supported buhari and kept silent.
2019- it was Atiku vs buhari : the Igbo's again voted against an incumbent president while the Yorubas voted buhari
NOTE: between 2015 and 2019, Igbo's singlehandedly created two enemies by agitating to separate because of the northerners and insulted the Yoruba's for supporting the northerners and keeping silent.
2023 : there are primarily two major parties "APC/PDP" and according to zoning APC slot goes to the Yorubas and PDP slot goes to the Igbo's, due to the Yoruba's loyalty the northerners has to repay that and outside loyalty northerners have no choice because its unlikely a northerners will vote for the Igbo who didn't support and agitated against them.
End results : 2023 will be smooth for APC due to the Yoruba/northern alliance, while PDP have no choice but to compromise or continue with a Igbo/northern alliance which doesn't look fruitful because because of the Igbo's past actions
APC = Yoruba's + northerners vote
PDP = igbo + northerners vote
It's no rocket science on who will win, I leave that for you to decide. Also don't be surprise if Igbo's try to convince the Yoruba's to support them.

It's funny that you see 2023 as an APC vs PDP affair, rather than north handing power to the South.
Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by Mulatta(m): 7:55pm On Apr 14, 2019
mekaboy:

It's funny that you see 2023 as an APC vs PDP affair, rather than north handing power to the South.
South also includes SW, so obviously the north will handover to the south
Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by mekaboy(m): 11:15am On Apr 15, 2019
Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by nwanyionitsha: 1:01pm On Apr 15, 2019
mekaboy:

Don't expect anything from the Next Level, Tinubu supports Atikus policies and ideas, but supports buhari selfishly for 2023 presidency to return to the SW.

The incompetence of the administration will not affect him, so he is ready to sacrifice the common man of the SW for his political ambition
What is the essence of this thread. Everybody knows what is right to do. Anybody that wants to do the wrong thing should do it. Nobody is begging anybody anything.

Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by nwanyionitsha: 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
shocked sacrciam I guess. If no let pdp field a candidates from north while apc field his candidate in southwest. Let south south and southeast unite against southwest if they want to do that. And see how the game will play out.
Good response.

Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by nwanyionitsha: 1:11pm On Apr 15, 2019
gidgiddy:
Self determination or restructuring should be the focus of Igbos, not where the presidency goes.

What did Yorubas get out of OBJ's 8 year rule? Nothing
What did Fulani get out of Yaradua and Buhari's rule? Nothing
What did Ijaws get out of GEJ's 5 year rule? Nothing

Every day some people will be making noise about Igbo presidency as if there is any salvation in that office

We Igbos should focus on important things, not on being Captain of a sinking ship
So how do you get the self determination /restructuring? By making noise online?
Igbos have no leadership or policy making positions so we cant do much.
I am against this thread because the op is making it look like igbos are begging for the position.
Both parties ought to field igbo candidates. That is tge right thing to do and that should be the emphasis not coming here to beg like a slave.

Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by nwanyionitsha: 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2019
YungMillionaire:
Tori tori...power is never placed on a platter...Igbos must learn how to play Nigerian politics or else they will continue to be irrelevant. Yorubas are light-years ahead of you in terms of politics. Your emotions don't allow you to used your God given brain. If you like call me Afonja, I am from Delta confirmed!
You are a bloody afonja. We know them by their comments.

Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by nwanyionitsha: 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
mekaboy:

I'm just saying in the interest of the South, let us not loose because we can't agree. This is what the North is hoping for.
But it is obvious we cannot agree so why all this appeal like a slave?

Re: 2023: Don't Let The Selfish Interest Of The SW Cost The South Presidency by nwanyionitsha: 1:18pm On Apr 15, 2019
mekaboy:

So how is that yoir business.
Please, stop bringing mockery upon igbos. We are not begging for anything.

Northern Migration During Lockdown Shows What Will Happen When Nigeria Breaksup / The SW, SE And SS Must Remain A Country / Court Clears Amarachi Chyna Iwuanyanwu Accused Of ₦75 Million Fraud

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52